Brian Crotts

January 25th, 2009, 10:43 pm #11

I bought a card from Brian Crotts, he has the payment, and I have no card. His last email said he'd send me the tracking number, but when I responded, my message was kicked back. Can anyone put me in touch with him, and/or vouch for his honesty? I am beginning to question the validity of the transaction.

Many thanks,
Mike
Rest assured if he doesn't come through ASAP with your card or money back he will be banned.

January 25th, 2009, 10:49 pm #12

I bought a card from Brian Crotts, he has the payment, and I have no card. His last email said he'd send me the tracking number, but when I responded, my message was kicked back. Can anyone put me in touch with him, and/or vouch for his honesty? I am beginning to question the validity of the transaction.

Many thanks,
Mike
i think mike will get his card...100-150 seems like such a small amount to scam someone out of, with all the hassles/stress/complications that come with it.

January 25th, 2009, 11:13 pm #13

Many thanks,
Mike
Mike,

Here's his most recent thread. The first post includes an email address. Not sure if that's the same one you have or not.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/t ... d+From+PSA

I believe he was on the board as recently as a day or two ago at the bottom of that thread.

Hope this helps.

January 25th, 2009, 11:16 pm #14

Many thanks,
Mike
I know Leon treats the BST as caveat emptor, which is not unreasonable, but maybe new sellers should have to provide some kind of references. Sorry about your experience Mike.

January 25th, 2009, 11:22 pm #15

Many thanks,
Mike
While not offering 100% security, perhaps the possibility of displaying a Seller's longevity w/in BST posts would help prevent this sh!t?

January 25th, 2009, 11:27 pm #16

Many thanks,
Mike
Sorry about your issue. We have still only had around a handful of problems in about 3 1/2 yrs in which I have been moderating. That's still too many. And of course Dan is correct. This guy, Brian for MS, won't be allowed to participate on this forum or the BST until he makes this situation right. After that we can decide what to do next. I think we will want explanations for the other BS I have seen too. It sort of seemed like everything had been worked out with his $75 PSA fiasco and I thought it was over. We certainly don't need deadbeats on the forum....plus there can be legal action if there was a theft. Just because stuff happens on the BST doesn't mean there are no laws that can be broken. I strongly recommend folks to ask for references when doing business with folks you don't know. I think I even posted a thread about it in the last week or so. regards

January 25th, 2009, 11:28 pm #17

Many thanks,
Mike
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

His ebay feedback is in the toilet, with that said

I think he will come through.

Steve

January 25th, 2009, 11:36 pm #18

Many thanks,
Mike
With the NET54 s/w there is no way to rate each person. We could set up another index/forum with known good sellers on the BST? I can see an issue now:
Someone shoots me an email to add them to the list of good guys.....he/she gives Mastro and REA as references and I check and he/she is registered with them and there are no issues. So I add them to the list and BAM....they scam someone. Now I am liable as I have said they were ok.

I know this is a little far fetched..... but not too far, if ya'll know what I mean? I still think that with all that goes on over there, and the difficulty in managing it, there will not be a perfect system for us. I am open to suggestions. Please remember to ask for REFERENCES if the other person is not well known.... regards
Last edited by leonl on January 26th, 2009, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 25th, 2009, 11:37 pm #19

Many thanks,
Mike
Mike

How did you pay? Hopefully paypal?

Steve

January 25th, 2009, 11:38 pm #20

Many thanks,
Mike
If I'm interested in buying from the BST, and I don't recognize a name right away, I'll go through the previous few pages of the BST to see how many previous sales they might have had in recent times. If they have a few or more recent transactions, then I can count on them being safe. The great thing about this board is that if there is someone dishonest, they will be outed right away, and justifiably so! Mike, sorry about your situation, but thanks for further outing this character. Good luck with the resolution. Because of Leon's and everyone else who participates dilligence when it comes to patrolling honesty, our BST is by far still one of the safest places to do business.
Tim Kindler