Babe Ruth Baseball Club Baseball

Babe Ruth Baseball Club Baseball

December 21st, 2007, 8:28 am #1

Hey everybody,

I was wondering about the scarcity and value of this ball I have. It is a Spaulding Babe Ruth baseball club ball and has the imprint "Home Run Special" on it, and next to that is the Babe Ruth autograph, which I'm almost sure is a facsimile. I just know it came from his baseball club. If anybody has any more info on this ball, I'd appreciate to know. Thanks.
Last edited by chrisd22 on December 21st, 2007, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 21st, 2007, 11:04 pm #2

December 21st, 2007, 11:32 pm #3

Hey everybody,

I was wondering about the scarcity and value of this ball I have. It is a Spaulding Babe Ruth baseball club ball and has the imprint "Home Run Special" on it, and next to that is the Babe Ruth autograph, which I'm almost sure is a facsimile. I just know it came from his baseball club. If anybody has any more info on this ball, I'd appreciate to know. Thanks.
It's a desirable ball (obviously, based on Leland's price realized...)

The value is heavily dependent on condition and whether you still have the box. The Leland's example had BOTH going for it, which is incredibly rare.

If you want to post some images of yours, that would be welcomed.

December 27th, 2007, 4:35 am #4

Hey everybody,

hi chris,
is this it??, mine is an officailspalding "babe ruth" home run special ball, mine does have the facsimile sig, it also has a "real" babe ruth sig. the photo might be light to see, but the sig. on mine is a 5...psa/dna cert...pls see the pic

hi aaron, mine is very clean, my box is beat up but fully comlpete with no repair, i have seen about a dozen of these balls over the years, most are toned, mine and the one you found in auction are the cleanest i have seen, the box is ultra rare!! i have been looking for a better one for 4 years now with no luck, this may be as good as it gets.
Last edited by mighty-q on December 28th, 2007, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 27th, 2007, 4:48 am #5

Hey everybody,

Marty Quinn, you dog! That is a friggen' awesome piece of sports memorabilia! And here I thought you were just the King of PSA Non-Sports Cards.

To the OP, Marty's ball with the original signature shoots the value through the roof, but your general rule of thumb is the ball (if in clean condition) is worth about $700 - $1,000. If you have the Babe Ruth portrait picture box along with it, then you can double the value (at least).

December 28th, 2007, 10:19 pm #6

Hey everybody,

Here's the most recent sale of the Saplding version I could find -- from last April's Robert Edward Auction. Clean ball and clean box sold for $2,200.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auc ... 7/919.html