1964 Topps Giants Display Box ???

March 28th, 2009, 8:17 pm #1

What is the going rate for an EX+ condition empty box for this series? Thanks for the help. Jeff
There is one available for sale locally and the owner asked me to make an offer. I cannot find a completed auction on ebay but do not think that this is that tough a box as the cards are everywhere. Would appreciate any help or input. Don't want to overpay but want to be fair as well.
Last edited by hrbaker on March 29th, 2009, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 30th, 2009, 8:17 pm #2

It's not a tough box. However, while there are tons of cards out there I"m sure the bulk of them came from vending. They sold them in envelopes of 25 for $1 at Dodger Stadium late into the 70's.
If the box is really nice I'd guess around $125-$150. Half that if the corners aren't in good shape and it's really loose.
It's nice in that it has Whitey Ford on the front.

March 30th, 2009, 9:10 pm #3

What is the going rate for an EX+ condition empty box for this series? Thanks for the help. Jeff
There is one available for sale locally and the owner asked me to make an offer. I cannot find a completed auction on ebay but do not think that this is that tough a box as the cards are everywhere. Would appreciate any help or input. Don't want to overpay but want to be fair as well.
one sold in vg- for $25.00 can not remember which auction it was in.