Moderator: Christie777

Virtual Summ lvl bug

Paws Arwen
Adamant Giant

April 12th, 2018, 3:26 pm #1

I have been working on my remaining lvl 104's this past couple of weeks. I have my in game skill table set to virtual lvl's
Yesterday I got lvl 105 summoning. This was confirmed by chat box msge
" You've just advance a virtual summoning level. You have reached Level 105"
However my in game skill interface shows 103/99 sum. I dismissed ava so I could re-log but it made no difference still 103/99.
I logged into my r/scape account on website & runemetrics confirmed I had lvl 105 sum.
I am certain it showed 104 before I got lvl 105 as I kept checking how much bonus sum xp I still had.
Anyone have any ideas why it is shown incorrectly in game as 103/99 ? It's a if Jagex has subtracted a lvl instaed of adding one.
All my other Virtual lvls are correct both in game skill interface & on rune metrics .

Christie777
Black Dragon

April 12th, 2018, 7:36 pm #2

It is definitely a bug :o If you didn't tell I wouldn't pay attention :confused I have 44 m xp in Summoning so it should be virtual level 111 but in my skills it shows level 103 :noo So no worries Paws hun everything is ok as it is well known that Jagex is really bad in mathematics :P

Mad Mordegai
Rune Titan

April 12th, 2018, 7:49 pm #3

Yes and no. It is quite complicated. Do yourself a favour and look at the summoning points/level unused in the top of the ability bar. If all is right it will be the same as the so called "virtual" level in the skill bars section. The usable level is normally 99. When it is boosted by the use of for instance a pulse core or by any other means, both the ability bar and the skill bar section will show the boosted "real" level, therefore a virtual temporary level. The skill section virtual level will show the boosted "real" level but not the xp based virtual level. So it's complicated but not really a bug. It also does not affect the summoning points you have, you will need to replenish those as if you had only 99. So it's more a choice. Maybe Jagex thought it would be more confusing when the skill bars section said 120/120 and the action bar said 120/99 or 106/99 (which it says for me atm).

I hope it makes sense a bit...

P.S. If it is still not satisfying, do this: summon a familiar and dismiss it, then go recharge, then check the skill virtual level and the activity bar levels. It may make it more understandable. Ability bar = actual usable points and level. Skill section will adjust to the points going down and needs a recharge to show the full level, or it may show the boosted level.

Paws Arwen
Adamant Giant

April 13th, 2018, 8:50 am #4

I'm glad i'm not the only one confuzzled Christie :wub: & thank you for the explanation Mordy :love . I think what threw me most was the day before lvl'ing Skill section showed 104. Then after lvl went to 103/99.
I still didn't quiet get it so I jumped briefly into game. tried your suggestion Mordy & summoned a familiar ( not a pet ava lol) Ability bar then showed 93/99 so I re charged at sum obelisk & hey presto my 105 was shown in Skills section.
Jagex has made things as clear as mud :angry , but at least we have you to explain things more clearly.

Confirmation of reply: