Uqoza Netul

Characters approved for play-by-post gaming.
Yepesnopes
Corporal

14 Mar 2015, 23:48 #1

Uqoza Netul
Mirialan Soldier
Medic
With 45 years old, Uqoza is middle aged lean Merialan male of about 185 cm tall. Uqoza has black hair and blue eyes, his skin color is of a greenish pale yellow, and he has his face and hands covered with tattoos.

Abilities
Brawn 3 . Agility 3 . Intellect 4 . Cunning 1 . Willpower 2 . Presence 2

Skills
Athletics 1, Cool 1, Discipline 1, Medicine 2, Vigilance 1, Melee 1, Ranged (Heavy) 2

Combat Info
Wound Threshold 0/14 Strain Threshold 0/13
Soak 5 Defense 0

Talents

XP
earned: 20; available: 10

Equipment
43 credits
CAPC ECM-598 Medical Backpack, Load-Bearing Gear, Utility Belt, Extra reloads x1, stimpacks x5, comlink (handheld)
Padded Armour: +2 Soak
Heavy Blaster Rifle: Damage: 10, Crit: 3, Range: Long, Auto-fire, Cumbersome 3
Vibroknife: Damage: +1, Crit: 2, Range: Engaged, Pierce 2, Vicious 1
Encumbrance (12): 10

Bio
Obligation: 15 (+2500 credits)
5 - Betrayal: After some years under Teemo's iron grip, Uqoza has betrayed Teemo's confidence on him and has left the palace.
10 - Oath: As a medic, Uqoza takes very seriously his "Hippocratic oath" of utmost respect for sentient life from its beginning, to treat the ill to the best of one's ability, to preserve a patient's privacy....
[+] spoiler
I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.
Motivation:
Ambition - Spirituality: As a Mirialan, Uqoza strongly believes that the actions of each individual affect not only their own fate, but also the destiny of the Mirialan as a whole.
Specific Causes - Overthrow the Empire: After all he has got to know, Uqoza will fight to overthrow the Empire, if possible, by joining the Rebellion.

Background
Uqoza is a Mirialan original from the planet Mirial and a war veteran from the Clone Wars. Already since a young age Uqoza showed a bright mind, and due to lack of resources his family sent him to the military academy, where Uqoza got his education in medicine and most of his military training. Consequently, when the separatist crisis broke off, Uqoza joined a Mirialan strike force to help fighting against the droid army of the Separatists. His team fought many battles, and by the end of the war they were sent to the Outer Rim to help in the battle of Utapau. There, the Clone army, assisted by many forces such as Uqoza’s strike team, won the day. Unfortunately, that day, Uqoza’s force was defeated and scattered over Utapau.

Uqoza survived as he could and was able to escape with a battered spaceship, oblivious that the battle, and the war, was won by the Republic. Drifting in space, Uqoza was rescued by Trex, a slaver working for minor Hutt. Trex took an unwillingly Uqoza to Tatooine and to his contractor, Teemo the Hutt.

Naturaly, Uqoza started to work as a medic for Teemo, taking care of his retinue of guards and gladiators, as well as eventually some prisoners, Uqoza suspected, had been tortured a bit too much. Disliking his captivity as much as he did, there was not much he could do to change his fate. Besides, Teemo got to know to appreciate Uqoza’s skills and he treated him quite decently, giving him more freedom than other of Teemo’s “employees” enjoyed. Uqoza used his “freedom” to go from time to time to the Mos Shuuta cantina, where he informs himself of the state of the galaxy by listening to the rumors brought in by the occasional space travelers. It is in that way that he got to know about the Republic’s victory, the declaration of a Galactic Empire by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, the annihilation of the Jedi Order, and as timed passed by, the many atrocities committed by Imperial’s forces. Shocked by the change of course that the events were taking, and horrified by the realization that the Mirialan people had contributed to the current state of the galaxy, Uqoza decided that the time for a change had arrived. Rumors of a delocalized rebel group fighting the New Order were more and more frequent and a new idea started to form in Uqoza’s mind, join those rebels to fight the tyranny.

Determined, Uqoza has betrayed Teemo’s confidence on him, and using the distraction provided by some unknown visitors, Uqoza has broken off from Teemo’s palace. Being in the wolf den, his only chance now of contacting with this group of insurgents, is first finding someone who can take him out of the planet. While he has not found that person yet, he has for the good or for the bad found others who are in the same situation.
Last edited by Yepesnopes on 02 Jul 2015, 16:50, edited 7 times in total.

Yepesnopes
Corporal

10 Apr 2015, 10:12 #2

Expended XP
Ranged (Heavy) rank 2 -> 10 xp

Nyalee
Cadet

18 Oct 2015, 06:42 #3

+1000 credits, 1043 credits total.

Baron Fel
Sergeant

20 Feb 2016, 18:02 #4