drink to that !

Jasper Kensington
VALIDATING!

Mar 4 2013, 05:32 PM #1

As far as Jasper was concerned, this ball was pretty much just a celebration of green. How awesome was that? A whole school function just to honour his favourite colour? That just proved how great green was, obviously. Wearing a pair of black and green pinstriped pants, a white shirt and a green waistcoat (and a pinstriped green and black mask, in deference to the masquerade theme), the junior soared happily into the ballroom, twirling to admire how it had been greened for the occasion. Brilliant! He put his hands on his hips, a grin on his face at the prospect of a night filled with green and having fun. This was one of the best things about coming to Nemare instead of an ordinary school - ordinary schools didn't throw great parties like this just for a humble colour! Maybe someone ought to explain to Jasper that 'St. Patrick' was unlikely to be a shade of green only visible to women. Mind you, how closely tied to the original man is a day usually devoted to green and drinking?

Floating over to a table, Jasper rubbed his hands together gleefully at the sight of all the shamrock badges lying on it. Wow! Such cool four-leaf clover badges! Except they were mostly three-leaf clovers, to be honest. That was probably just for realism. After all, four-leaf clovers were rare and special - they couldn't just be given out to everyone! That would dilute the power of their wish-granting abilities! Jasper set about pinning a handful of badges to his waistcoat, confident in the knowledge that before the night was through he was locate a four-leaf clover shamrock badge. He was good at finding things, especially if they were worth finding! (In his own opinion, he was good at pretty much everything.) He whistled merrily to himself as he pinned the badges onto himself, his feet finally lowering to rest on the floor while he concentrated on the task at hand.

{ set by Hinchman of Caution 2.0 }

Annie Rose
Annie Rose

Jul 19 2013, 10:45 AM #2

ANNIE'S CLOTHES!

Annie was excited for the masquerade ball! She thought it was uber, uber cool whenever people had to wear pretty masks to important occasions. That made it easier for the little forgetful blonde too, since people would not get mad at her if she did not remember who they were. Annie did wonder, however, why the theme had to be green. Oh, but she liked green, she did! But blue was her favorite, and she thought it would be more fun if everything was blue instead of green. Then again she has never seen a blue leprechaun. Perhaps she should start wishing for a Smurf day? Maybe then they will have a blue-themed ball! In any case, the freshman was very happy to be in the ball, and she was on the look-out for the elusive four-leaf clover badges. Maybe she will be lucky tonight and find one!

Not really one to be fond of uncomfortable dresses, she had requested that her grandmother find her a dress that was short and easy to move in. And so Annie arrived at the ball in short green and black dress with a bow at the side, an awesome top hat--nice leprechaun touch, if she does say so herself!--and glittery black boots! Boots were nice. She figured she could not come in her favorite sneakers, so the boots were a dressier option. And it made her feel more like a leprechaun too! Chipper and content--so far she hasn't forgotten anything--she wandered around the green room and spotted a familiar face. Usually she would cheerfully jump at the junior and give a merry greeting, but today she was in the mood to try and surprise the older boy. The blonde grinned to herself, and came up behind the redhead sneakily. "Want me to pin that on ya, Pan?"

Tinley Bellgard
Tinley Bellgard

Jul 22 2013, 03:30 AM #3

Birds lived for the sky, fish lived for the sea. Tinley, meanwhile, lived for gatherings like this. The sophomore thrived in this kind of environment. It involved everything she loved: green, dressing up, boys and even frozen yogurt! (Three flavors! Though to be honest, Tinley didn't particularly like green tea or mint flavoring, and she'd never actually tried pistachio... she supposed she'd have to deal.) The petite sixteen year old had carefully timed her arrival to be fashionably late, in a way that didn't make her seem too eager or plain old lazy and unorganized. She'd slipped into a pair of jade colored five inch heels and headed off about twenty minutes after the masquerade's starting time to go meet her date, and the pair headed off. The couple was really only going together as friends, and after socializing and participating in a couple dances, the two went their separate ways.

She was pretty content simply walking around, engaging in any conversation she deemed fascinating enough, showing off her lovely outfit. (An emerald colored, knee-length, lacy, strapless frock which was both beautiful, as well as expensive, paired with a silver shamrock bracelet, flower shaped diamond earrings, a leathery clutch and the obvious silver and green mask.) However, it was then that she zeroed in on a pair of students not so far away. One was a somewhat tall boy in green with a mop of ginger hair that she would recognize anywhere. The other was a somewhat short, but far taller than Tinley herself, girl with natural looking blonde hair and a giant smile plastered on her oval face. At first Tinley only thought some nasty things about the girl such as her bad taste in footwear and how horrid her hat was, but then the pair started laughing and conversing, and Tinley decided that maybe it was time to intervene.

She didn't want to make the girl to feel bad. Really, she didn't. (Er... sort of.) But in about a minute the fairy incarnate had sprouted a pair of wings and shrunken by about half a foot, and she proceeded to flutter over to where Jasper and the young blonde were. So maybe she was being clingy and jealous, and she acknowledged that fact, but it wasn't currently her top priority. "Jasp! I swear I've looked everywhere for you, where have you been?" she asked in her thick British accent. "Who's your friend?" she inquired and then addressed the blonde in a falsely sweet tone. "I just love your outfit, by the way. It's sort of... rocker chic. Careful with that hat though, sweetie. Wouldn't want people thinking you're the mad hatter now, would we?" She flashed the girl a somewhat fake smile and turned back to Jasper.

OUTFIT

Also, sorry I'm jumping in here. Tin-tin needs some interaction with Jasp, and she needs some more plots, as well as a post in the events forum, so I felt like this was the obvious choice.

Jasper Kensington
VALIDATING!

Sep 4 2013, 10:06 AM #4

"Want me to pin that on ya, Pan?"

The sudden sound of a familiar voice addressing him made Jasper prick his fingertip with one of the badges. He winced and turned around to have his eyes confirm what his ears had suspected: the interrupter was Annie Rose. Even a mask couldn't hide her identity from his brilliant mind! Take that, Basil of Baker Street. The blonde freshman looked very pretty tonight, all in his favourite colour - Jasp's favourite element of her costume was the top hat, hands down. It made him a little sad that he wasn't wearing a hat too. He loved hats, and had a nice big collection. Why had he forgotten to put one on before he left his room tonight? At least he hadn't forgotten anything else, like his super snazzy mask. A hat wasn't as important to a masked ball as a mask!

"Annie," he started reproachfully, holding up his pricked finger. "You made me stick a pin in myself! You shouldn't startle people holding sharp things!" This was a good general rule for life, and one that Jasper probably never followed himself. He was generally way too absorbed in whatever exciting thing he had to tell people to pay much attention to what they were holding. Even if it were something exciting, like a sword, the reason why they were holding it probably couldn't match up to the awesomeness of whatever story or plan was on his mind at that moment! Anyway, it wouldn't be very fair of him to be cross with Annie for this. After all, his finger wasn't even bleeding. His natural cheer resuming, Jasper offered her the offending pin. "You can have this one," he said with a smile, "since it doesn't seem to like me very much."

He was about to tell her all about his quest for the four-leafed clover/shamrock pin when an accented voice by his ear informed him of another arrival. Oh, what fun, Tinley was here too! As if his petite (at the moment, extremely petite!) friend would ever miss an opportunity to dress up. Jasper liked wearing cool clothes as much as the next boy, but to be honest he was just as happy getting all muddy in the pursuit of some awesome objective. Even if there were few opportunities to get dirty here (the school administration had made sure of that), Jasper still thought this evening was going to be a heap of fun. Already he had two friends to have fun with - and all the green his heart could possibly desire. Plus, free badges!

"Jasp! I swear I've looked everywhere for you, where have you been? Who's your friend? I just love your outfit, by the way. It's sort of... rocker chic. Careful with that hat though, sweetie. Wouldn't want people thinking you're the mad hatter now, would we?"

"Hi Tin-tin!" he said cheerfully, blissfully innocent of any girl-aggression in Tinley's tone. Jasper could be fantastically oblivious sometimes, especially when it came to deciphering girl stuff. He was more focused on potentially avoiding a pinch from Tinley for using one of the nicknames that he had for her that she disliked for some reason. He didn't pretend to understand (Tintin was an awesome name! And even a cartoon character!) but he had also learned to be wary when he used it. One never knew when a girl might go wild for no reason whatsoever. It was just a girl thing, he supposed. "This is Annie. Don't you like her hat?" He grinned at Annie, and then looked back at his currently-tiny sidekick. "You should get some of these cool pins," he said enthusiastically, completely unaware of any slight that might be perceived from his words.

Annie Rose
Annie Rose

Sep 14 2013, 01:59 PM #5

Annie had to cackle at Jasper's reaction, even after he said that he had pricked himself with the pin because of her little surprise attack. "I'm sorry...' She said, still chuckling as she took the boy's hand and studied the finger he claims was pricked. It was not even bleeding, which was unfortunate, because that would have been cool to see. But as expected, a pin was not match for The Pan. He was always out on adventures and getting on sword fights, wasn't he? It was not surprising that the pin did nothing but possibly tickle him. With a smile, she took the badge that was offered to her. "Hey, thanks! But that's silly... How can this badge not like you?" Everybody loved Jasper! Well, Annie sure did. He was super fun and cool, and he could fly! He was also willing to include her in the lost boys, so that makes him really awesome in her book.

She still took the badge though, and was pinning it to herself when someone else had joined them. And someone surprisingly shorter than Annie too. But she had wings! And she was flying! How cool was that? Annie did not know who she was, but she beamed at her and echoed Jasper's little cheerful greeting. "Hi, Tin-tin!" It was a very suitable name for her, she thought. She was very Tin-y after all, and that thought made the young blonde snort before she successfully pinned the badge over her right chest. Now her outfit looked even more incredible! Comfy dress, comfy shiny boots, cool mask and radical to hat, now she had a badge too! Of course the new girl did not seem too pleased with Annie's outfit, but she did not realize this. She was more confused as how it was described as Rocker Chic when she thought it was very leprechauny.

Luckily for Jasper, he and Annie were on the same boat and she did not notice that Tin-tin was actually poking fun at her for the hat that she was wearing. The blonde simply adjusted the hat on her head, a big grin on her face as she waved to Tin-tin when she was introduced by Jasper. After receiving a compliment from her and hearing her mention the Mad Hatter, it was impossible for Annie to detect the hostility in her words anyway. "I love the Mad Hatter!" She chirped, eyes widening slightly with excitement. The Mad Hatter was kind of weird, she heard, but he liked tea parties! Tea parties were nice! Especially when they had sweets to munch on! If he ever met the Mad Hatter in Nemare, she would be so happy and hope she would be invited to a tea party.

As Jasper suggested that Tin-tin get a badge for herself, Annie looked down on the one she was wearing and nodded, looking at both the girl and Jasper. "Yeah! Get one! See? It's nice. Jasper gave this one to me."

Tinley Bellgard
Tinley Bellgard

Sep 18 2013, 11:18 PM #6

Tinley was a reasonable girl. Really, she was. However, there happened to be some things that ticked her off, like obliviously bimbos that never understood the meaning of the phrase, "Leave me the hell alone," boring teachers, long essays, the usual. Most human beings possess a decent amount of pet peeves. One of Tinley's many hated things was the name "Tin-tin." Jasper had dubbed her so a while back, and while Tin-tin appealed to her far more than 'Asper,' it still irritated her to no end. Why someone would name their child after an ugly silver material was beyond her, and when Jasper called her by the abhored name, Tinley was very much agrivated.

"Don't call me that," she snapped, perhaps more offensively than she'd hoped for it to turn out. "You know I don't like that name, Jasp. It's so... metallic." She shuddered.

"This is Annie. Don't you like her hat?" Jasper asked enthusiastically, and Tinley forced a smile.

"Annie, huh? Well, Annie," she said with a hint of bitterness in her voice. "As I said, your had is tres magnifique. Where on Earth did you get it?" Tinley sincerely hoped that no one had heard her mutter "So I make sure to never go there." She really needed to work on her 'nice' skills. Maybe she'd go ask Brigitta later, she was the nicest person she knew.

As nice as talking to Jasper and Annie was, Tinley was getting more and more tired of flase smiles. Was this Annie girl blind? Did she not hear the blatant insults? Did she not see the smirks and glares? This had never happened before. Maybe this was because most teenage girls cower under pressure and intimidation, or just because Tinley happened to be anough of an ice queen to make people want to stay at least a five meter radius away, but Tinley found the younger blonde's behavior most unusual.

"I love the Mad Hatter! Yeah! Get one! See? It's nice. Jasper gave this one to me."

Tinley muttered a "Point taken," after Annie's line about the Mad Hatter and looked at the badges pinned to Jasper's waistcoat. She grimaced, as they were not the best fashion statement, to say the least. In her head, Tinley debated for a minute whether or not to accept one of the pins, and eventually decided that if everyone else was... Then it'd be even better if she didn't take one. It would make her seem different, right? Anyone who said that Tinley failed under peer pressure was an idiot.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Tinley grinned, this time for real. "I mean, they're great and all, but I'm not a big fan of pins."

Tinley was a reasonable person, as previously mentioned. However sometimes she snapped. She just hoped Jasper would listen to her when she asked him to leave her and Annie for a moment. She didn't wan't him to see that evil persona of hers.

What she said next, she wasn't proud of. "So I see Jasp gave you his badge. That's sweet. You know, Jasper's just a nice person like that, isn't he? I mean, usually Juniors don't give a damn about little Freshman, so you must be super special, huh?" Really, really not proud of it. "I mean, I know I wouldn't go out of my way like that. Maybe that's just because I'm not as nice a person as Jasp is. Actually, I'm pretty far from it. So you can just keep that in mind whenever you talk to Jasp from now on, we clear on that?"

So she went a little overboard on the threats... whoops?

A. N. - Tinley's mean... sorry 'bout that, Annie.

Jasper Kensington
VALIDATING!

Sep 25 2013, 06:53 AM #7

"Hey, thanks! But that's silly... How can this badge not like you?"

Jasper's eyes widened, any offense he might have taken at Annie's surprising him completely erased with her apology. There were more interesting things to do in life than be upset with people, especially people who had said they were sorry and meant it! "I don't know... it's a mystery," he replied, with all the conviction of someone extremely well-cushioned against the knowledge or acceptance of the existence of their own flaws. As far as the young redhead was concerned, if someone didn't like him, then they must have some personal reason for it - being boring, or stuffy, or a villain, for example. It didn't have anything to do with him as a person. He was adorable! Fortunately for Jasper, he had managed in his life to collect a group of friends who understood him and were willing to put up with his occasional inconsistencies. There were some good souls doing their best to make him 'grow up', but he liked being the way he was.

"Don't call me that. You know I don't like that name, Jasp. It's so... metallic."

A frown tugged momentarily on Jasper's lips when Tin-tin - er, Tinley - said that she didn't like her nickname. He didn't understand what she didn't like about it - Tin-tin was a cool nickname to have. Not as cool as Jasp or The Pan, but still cool. After all, he had made it up! Sometimes girls could be so picky. He didn't understand them at all sometimes. Or any of the time. "Oh... well I'm sure I can think of something else to call you," he said, his smile picking up again immediately, radiating supreme confidence in his skills... any and all of them. Besides, he already had a backup list of nicknames that he had already invented for her. (Although sometimes she didn't seem to like any of those either.)

"Thanks, but no thanks. I mean, they're great and all, but I'm not a big fan of pins."

"Aww." Jasper pouted, completely oblivious to any antagonism Tinley might be showing Annie. As far as he was concerned, he was just having a fun conversation with his friends. In Jasper's head, girls were just differently-shaped boys - although he did acknowledge that they could be way weirder than boys and probably at least doubly complicated. "But they're clovers, Tin - Asper!" Jasper paused for a moment to be proud of himself for remembering not to call her Tin-tin. Asper was much better! "What if we found a four-leaf one, would you wear that one? It'd be lucky!" Someone really needed to explain the shamrock thing to Jasper.... or maybe it was just a waste of breath. Anyway, it wasn't as though his misconceptions were hurting anybody.

"So I see Jasp gave you his badge. That's sweet. You know, Jasper's just a nice person like that, isn't he? I mean, usually Juniors don't give a damn about little Freshman, so you must be super special, huh? I mean, I know I wouldn't go out of my way like that. Maybe that's just because I'm not as nice a person as Jasp is. Actually, I'm pretty far from it. So you can just keep that in mind whenever you talk to Jasp from now on, we clear on that?"

As Tinley began to speak to Annie again, Jasper's attention drifted back to the table covered in clover pins. A few more had been taken while the three of them had been standing there, but Jasper wasn't worried. After all, if anyone was going to find the four-leafed clover, it was going to be him... or at the very least, one of the Lost Boys, who would then immediately show it to him so he could share in the excitement of the discovery. That was the part that was really important. He dragged his fingers thoughtfully through the piles of pins, so absorbed in this renewed interest in shamrock-hunting that his interest in what the girls were saying right now trickled almost to zero. One of them would call him if anything interesting came up. He picked up another pin and flicked it into the air like he was flipping a coin, completely unaware of the girldrama potentially about to unfold.

[[ and Jasp is totally oblivious xD sorry Annie... again! ]]

Annie Rose
Annie Rose

Oct 8 2013, 04:49 PM #8

It did not look like Tin-tin was very fond of being called such, and Annie thought she should be happy about the term of endearment. People usually just call her Annie. Or Ann. She did not know if there were other nicknames. Maybe there were and she just did not remember? It would be nice if she remembered her nicknames, though she was fairly sure some of them would not be terms of endearments. More like a mockery of her forgetfulness. And if it is seen in that light, it is probably good that she does not remember all of her nicknames. Annie was a nice, solid name anyway and she did not need a nickname for it.

The blonde smiled and nodded her head vigorously as the other girl said her name, and her smile grew even more when she said something about her hat. "I don't know what that means, but thanks!" She chirped, bouncing a little on her heels. "I don't know where it's from though." She should have added that it was sent to her by her grandmother, but that detail has slipped from her mind at the moment. "If you want one I can probably get you one. And you too Jasper! Maybe they have it in green! Ooh, maybe they have other hats! Like pirate hats... or Mexican sombreros..." These thoughts distracted her a bit, but she was delightfully distracted.

So much so that she really did not notice that the other girl was being mean. Actually she was not the quickest when people were being fake with their niceness. If a person is straight out mean, she will react accordingly. But if they are pretending to be nice, she is rather gullible and would really think they are nice. Tin-tin showed less enthusiasm about the Mad Hatter, so Annie just pouted her lower lip and shrugged. She liked the Mad Hatter anyway. It would be fun to meet him. Actually, Tinley was showing little enthusiasm about a lot of things tonight. She did not like the cool green clover buttons as well. Maybe she was afraid of getting pricked? That could be it.

When Jasper mentioned a lucky four-leaf clover pin, Annie gasped and bounced on her heels again. "Ooh! I want that! Me! Pick me!" She said, raising her hand high. She was going to treasure the badge from Jasper, but she wanted to find that lucky clover too. Of course Annie was not an unlucky person, but it was still good to have some extra luck around, right? She can even share the pin to her friends! Trevor might need it! She could give it to him! If Tinley wanted it, she would gladly give it to her too!

Annie was having a lot of nice and happy thoughts (that if someone sprinkled fairy dust on her she could fly!), but then Tinley started to talk to her in a weird way. "Oh, yes! He's very nice! I like him." At first she was smiling brightly. Annie did like Jasper. He was cool and fun and he could fly! And he was cute! Did she mention he could fly? Also, she was special, in her opinion. Wasn't everybody in Nemare special? Tin-tin did not sound too pleased though, so the smile on Annie's face slowly faded and her expression became confused. "Such a grumpy little lady." She teased, protruding her lips as she spoke and narrowed her eyes. Maybe Tinley was being mean, but Annie just saw that she was being cranky and nothing else. "Okay! I will try and remember. You might need to remind me next time though. I forget things easily." She grinned innocently, and skipped over to where Jasper was.

((No worries! xD))

Tinley Bellgard
Tinley Bellgard

Oct 17 2013, 01:07 AM #9

"But they're clovers, Tin - Asper! What if we found a four-leaf one, would you wear that one? It'd be lucky!"

Oh good God, not this again. Tinley groaned, recalling when Jasper had first created that name. It was a play on her middle name and her association with him, and while she would never admit it, it was kind of cute. But still, she was not okay with being called "Asper" in public. Absolutely not. However, Tinley couldn't possibly deny Jasper just this one victory in nicknaming. She'd already shown her disapproval of "Tin-tin," who knew what else he'd think of? As four the clover pins... well, they weren't really her thing. It was when Annie volunteered to take a four leaf clover pin from Jasper that Tinley decided she'd have to intervene. Her Jasper was worth even the ugly pin.

"You know what?" Tinley grinned at her red haired friend. "If you can find me a shamrock badge with four leaves, I promise I'll wear it for the next week." He wouldn't be able to resist the challenge, she knew. That was Jasper for you. He never had been able to step down from a dare, so she was sure the search would keep him occupied for the remainder of the night.

"If you want one I can probably get you one. And you too Jasper! Maybe they have it in green! Ooh, maybe they have other hats! Like pirate hats... or Mexican sombreros..."

So was this girl avoiding drama, or was she just naturally dimwitted and obliviously stupid? What the hell was she babbling on about? Had she not understood Tinley's nasty remark? Honestly, some people were such idiots. "I'd rather not have people thinking I'm an idiot, thanks. And that's a no, if you didn't get that." Through your thick head, she added mentally. Tinley also noticed that the girl mentioned pirate hats and had to refrain from snorting. (Pigs snorted. Tinley was not a pig, she was a young lady.) Pirates were a horrible topic to bring up around her and Jasper. They always made that boy go nuts, child that he was. She'd heard so many stories about how that Wendy chick had told him of the latest pirate adventure. It made Tinley sick.

It was at this point that Jasper left the pair of blondes, and Tinley started threatening Annie. To the fairy incarnate's great surprise, Annie seemed completely immune to Tinley's harsh words. At first she was caught off guard, then annoyed. By the time Annie had labeled her as 'a grumpy lady,' Tinley was actually amused and intrigued by this odd little girl. She kind of reminded her of Emory, her little sister. Annie responded to easily, so un-offended... It was dumbfounding that someone could be so thick. Annie skipped off, and Tinley actually allowed herself to laugh. What a change in events. Still chuckling, Tinley fluttered back over to Jasper and Annie.

"So Jasp, have you found anything yet?" she inquired, more laid back than the last time she'd spoken to him. Tinley pointed at the pile of shamrocks in front of Jasper.

Jasper Kensington
VALIDATING!

Nov 11 2013, 07:03 PM #10

"Ooh! I want that! Me! Pick me!"

"You know what? If you can find me a shamrock badge with four leaves, I promise I'll wear it for the next week."

It was always nice to have some dedicated supporters. It made being awesome just that much easier, and more fun. After all, what was the point of being awesome if there was nobody around to know about it? Jasper did appreciate his friends for more than this, but it would be a lie to say that this quality of having people around him had escaped him. One of his favourite things to do was tell stories about his own adventures, after all. Some stories, in his opinion, were just too good not to be shared. "Well maybe I'll find two four-leaf clovers," he said, looking back and forth between his two female friends. "Orrr... maybe I'll just let you share one." Jasper was far too oblivious to realise that Asper would be about as excited by the prospect of having to share something with Annie as he was by the prospect of homework. In other words, not very much at all.

He continued to search through the pile of badges. If either of his friends wanted to get a shamrock badge, they had better hope that it showed itself pretty quickly. The redheaded junior wasn't known for having a whole lot of patience for boring tasks, and his attention span wasn't in great shape either. There was always something more exciting happening out there! Why would he want to stick with one thing for too long? That would just get boring, and Jasper hated being bored. His fingers sifted gently through the piles of green badges, which so far had all been completely identical. They had probably been made by a machine, which was why. Then again, anything could happen in the magical atmosphere of the Acinot islands!

"So Jasp, have you found anything yet?"

Looking up at his friend, Jasper shook his head glumly. "Nope, nothing yet. I guess it can't be too easy to find, otherwise they wouldn't be lucky." He poked her side lightly with the tip of his finger. "Help me find it." The pile of shamrocks was gradually depleting as more people arrived at the masquerade, but there were still plenty to search through. Jasper looked around, and then tugged on Annie's arm, recruiting her as well. "Come on, Annie." He looked at the two of them and then grinned confidently. "With three of us looking, we'll find it in no time." He said this with all the certainty of a man who had three hundred people searching under his command, but then that was the amount of faith that he placed in his friends - and in himself, of course. If anyone was going to find an awesome four-leafed clover tonight, it was going to be him!