Moderators: WildeLoverStoff, mammaof3, thischarmlessgirl, spyderfyngers, AllYouNeedIsMods, Kate

February 6th, 2018, 7:24 pm #11

mammaof3 wrote:Hello all!

AllYouNeedIsMorrissey - aka AYNIM - was created as a more friendly and welcoming place for Morrissey fans to gather and discuss Morrissey and the Smiths. And it enjoyed a very lively period for quite awhile!! But lately, many of the original members have disappeared and I think some are beginning to feel the welcoming feeling is losing it's sparkle.

For some, the lure of other more vibrant and active communities on Twitter and Facebook were the reason for leaving. For others, a lost of interest in the man (sometimes due to comments by Morrissey himself) caused them to take a step back from their fandom. So... as some the old membership moves away, for whatever reason, I am wondering what the future holds for AYNIM? The original creator of AYNIM has stepped back, but the domain name is paid up for 2 years... so I am committed to staying on here as a mod at least until it's up for renewal. But what then? Is this a place worth continuing to support?

I
Ive just found this thread.Of course I will help and send money if needed.I really like it here. :) :)

February 6th, 2018, 8:51 pm #12

JoanOfArc wrote:
mammaof3 wrote:Hello all!

AllYouNeedIsMorrissey - aka AYNIM - was created as a more friendly and welcoming place for Morrissey fans to gather and discuss Morrissey and the Smiths. And it enjoyed a very lively period for quite awhile!! But lately, many of the original members have disappeared and I think some are beginning to feel the welcoming feeling is losing it's sparkle.

For some, the lure of other more vibrant and active communities on Twitter and Facebook were the reason for leaving. For others, a lost of interest in the man (sometimes due to comments by Morrissey himself) caused them to take a step back from their fandom. So... as some the old membership moves away, for whatever reason, I am wondering what the future holds for AYNIM? The original creator of AYNIM has stepped back, but the domain name is paid up for 2 years... so I am committed to staying on here as a mod at least until it's up for renewal. But what then? Is this a place worth continuing to support?

I
Ive just found this thread.Of course I will help and send money if needed.I really like it here. :) :)
Thanks, JoanOfArc! :thumbs

June 13th, 2018, 10:49 pm #13

Hello. I'm new to AYNIM. I believe that there are only few people on this forum because Morrissey Solo is so overpopulated. I used to use Solo all the time, but it's now become a depressing hate site full of negativity. Many users claim to be on the site only to watch the crash and burn of Morrissey. All that site ever does is make me unhappy. I definitely believe Morrissey to be worthy of criticism, but not hate. I prefer it here, because it seems to be a site only for fans. I hope it'll stay for as long as possible, and if I can contribute in two years, I'd be happy to.

June 13th, 2018, 11:10 pm #14

Solo always has been hateful mate - and most of us can say that as we are ex-solo members.

Yeah, we are all definitely fans here. We could do with more members like yourself joining AYNIM.

Spread the word ;)
Last edited by DAVIE on June 13th, 2018, 11:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

June 14th, 2018, 2:56 am #15

SteveTheNutter wrote:Hello. I'm new to AYNIM. I believe that there are only few people on this forum because Morrissey Solo is so overpopulated. I used to use Solo all the time, but it's now become a depressing hate site full of negativity. Many users claim to be on the site only to watch the crash and burn of Morrissey. All that site ever does is make me unhappy. I definitely believe Morrissey to be worthy of criticism, but not hate. I prefer it here, because it seems to be a site only for fans. I hope it'll stay for as long as possible, and if I can contribute in two years, I'd be happy to.
Welcome! :wave Glad you like it here - hope you'll stick around. And post! :thumbs

June 14th, 2018, 5:51 pm #16

SteveTheNutter wrote:Hello. I'm new to AYNIM. I believe that there are only few people on this forum because Morrissey Solo is so overpopulated. I used to use Solo all the time, but it's now become a depressing hate site full of negativity. Many users claim to be on the site only to watch the crash and burn of Morrissey. All that site ever does is make me unhappy. I definitely believe Morrissey to be worthy of criticism, but not hate. I prefer it here, because it seems to be a site only for fans. I hope it'll stay for as long as possible, and if I can contribute in two years, I'd be happy to.
Hi Stevethenutter,

Welcome, yes you are quite correct, other Morrissey sites are more popular, I used to hang around one a lot but like you I felt over time it had degenerated into a negative place that hoped for Morrisseys demise (they have been loudly and proudly foretelling Morrisseys imminent demise for 25 years now, I think it would be fitting For Morrissey to buy them a silver anniversary gift to mark this landmark occasion, maybe a silver carriage clock inscribed “doesn’t time fly”.

Nobody, not even Morrissey should be above comment or criticism, yet only a mentally diseased person would hang around a forum dedicated to a person they despised, Hopefully you will like it here, give your thought and opinions and yes, even criticisms, in a largely constructive and positive manner and continue to enjoy Morrissey!

Cheers,

Reggie