Moderators: WildeLoverStoff, mammaof3, thischarmlessgirl, spyderfyngers, AllYouNeedIsMods, Kate

The Food Thread

January 15th, 2018, 7:51 pm #1

I have been scanning the forum and I can't find one....Why???

So here we go! I don't care whether you are a veggie, vegan, pescatarian, carnivore or omnivore. As long as we can all be respectful of each others preferences and values.

Anyway, please do post up your favourite foods and whatever you are currently (or will be) eating today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaffa Cakes! I have really got back into these lovely delicious treats! I am currently eating the proper mcvities brand! But if anyone knows a better supermarket brand then please let me know as I am willing to explore the perfect jaffa! :yum
Last edited by DAVIE on January 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

January 15th, 2018, 7:57 pm #2

Moz loves Jaffa cakes too! I remember him asking where you can buy Vegan ones, our Tesco now has them! Times change...

Pickled walnuts are my savoury treat of choice, and a nice Fever Tree gin and tonic, a little taste of luxury! Oatabix are pretty good too! Supper or breakfast, healthier than Weetabix but just as convenient.

January 15th, 2018, 8:25 pm #3

Oatabix sounds interesting! Can you get them from the supermarkets?
Last edited by DAVIE on January 15th, 2018, 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

January 15th, 2018, 9:23 pm #4

Yeah, made by same folks that make Weetabix, they are very good and pretty healthy, I reckon 4 out of 5 folks wouldn’t really notice the difference but would be getting some healthy oat benefits! Only the larger supermarkets carry them, some put them beside the Weetabix and some besides the Porridge, you may have to scout!

January 15th, 2018, 9:45 pm #5

I shall give them a shot, Reggie....as soon as I've finished eating the Wheetabix I currently have!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a big fan of cheese and crackers and Mrs Davie recommended me this the other week. Unfortunately all the supermarkets have stopped the selling the damn thing though so I'll have to see where on earth it's being sold now!

January 16th, 2018, 8:39 pm #6

I've got my eye on you....and I will FIND you!

January 17th, 2018, 10:38 am #7

Horlicks vs Ovaltine....Both taste exactly the same, right? No. Ovaltine has a bit of cocoa powder thrown.

And on the subject of Wheatabix. Did you know that China now own the brand? How silly! From now on I am buying British products solely made over here and I shall buy from the Co-op or British supermarkets to keep all the lovely money in our economy than somewhere else....sorry, to be political! :$
Last edited by DAVIE on January 17th, 2018, 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

January 17th, 2018, 8:06 pm #8

Lindt sea salt caramel
Moz wants a vegan wagon wheel

January 17th, 2018, 8:42 pm #9

You just think though...he's been vegetarian for years. Why restrict yourself even further now? His morals may have changed I get that. But....come on! It's a wagon wheel. It's vegetarian. You don't have to put up another barbed wired fence for the sake of a wagon wheel. There's no need to pretend to be a saint.
Last edited by DAVIE on January 17th, 2018, 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

January 17th, 2018, 8:56 pm #10

So I’m really having a chinky when I’m eating Weetabix! (apologies to anybody offended by the word chinky).

I missed the wagon wheel request, was it also called out mid concert? The size of wagon wheels nowadays is a scandal! You can get a heck a lot of vegan biscuits even in supermarkets, but I guess wagon wheel is a trademark so maybe we will never see those on the shelves!