Moderators: WildeLoverStoff, mammaof3, thischarmlessgirl, spyderfyngers, AllYouNeedIsMods, Kate

December 15th, 2015, 3:58 pm #11

goinghome wrote:I'm afraid I haven't got round to seeing the whole of Amarcord yet, Iamborn1, but clips I did see was supremely cinematic and 'gay' in the old sense, in the sense Oscar would ironically have intended in his day.

I'd say, for Pasolini exposure, start with the one from the so-called Trilogy of Life, either The Canterbury Tales, or The Decameron. You'll find a well-above average portrayal of flawless willies, but let not that overly put you off ; )
Yes I agree Going home,

it's a happy (gay) movie in the truest sense.

Reminds me of how life in old Italy would have been back in the day.

Those boys in the movie made me think of boys I grew up with, they were bored innocent funny and looking for adventure.

Also they were mainly catholic boys and altar boys so I mixed with some from the non catholic school.

In the movie I saw how the church has it's ever tight grasp on the masses (no pun intended)

The priests still seemed to want ultimate power (some things don't change). This was disturbing.

I think I will give the flawless willies a miss so Canterbury Tales I'm assuming is the one without the fleshly parts on show and will assume based on Pilgrims Progress??

Can I expect more naughtiness am I safe? innocentdevil

December 15th, 2015, 8:46 pm #12

A friend of mine studied Italian language in the university in Belgrade, and during one class professor showed them Pasolini movie,I dont remember the title -I will ask her-and people were leaving the class.They couldnt stand it so they left the room. I think it was Salo, but im not sure. I will ask her.Ive never watched any of his movies.
Last edited by JoanOfArc on December 15th, 2015, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 18th, 2015, 11:16 pm #13

wrote:I think I will give the flawless willies a miss so Canterbury Tales I'm assuming is the one without the fleshly parts on show and will assume based on Pilgrims Progress??

Your observations and recounting of experience is interesting, Iamborn1.

I think the Canterbury Tales is a good choice. You'll find just a little naughtiness there. Check out Pasolini as Chaucer in it. I hope you like it. Let us know : )

And Joan, it was probably Salo; it's fairly revolting. The others aren't really.
Last edited by 0000 on December 18th, 2015, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 22nd, 2015, 6:39 pm #14

goinghome wrote:
wrote:I think I will give the flawless willies a miss so Canterbury Tales I'm assuming is the one without the fleshly parts on show and will assume based on Pilgrims Progress??

Your observations and recounting of experience is interesting, Iamborn1.

I think the Canterbury Tales is a good choice. You'll find just a little naughtiness there. Check out Pasolini as Chaucer in it. I hope you like it. Let us know : )

And Joan, it was probably Salo; it's fairly revolting. The others aren't really.
Hi Goinghome.

I saw the dvd case for "Salo" it horrified me.

After I spoke to a friend about it he said the movie is sadistic, so that will be a film I would never entertain.

Women on the cover degraded and held in dog chains looking fully exposed to the elements.

This looked demeaning vile and in bad taste.

I will stick with Canterbury Tales!!!

THANK YOU !

goodvibes

December 23rd, 2015, 10:29 pm #15

Iamborn1 wrote:
wrote: Hi Goinghome.

I saw the dvd case for "Salo" it horrified me.

After I spoke to a friend about it he said the movie is sadistic, so that will be a film I would never entertain.

Women on the cover degraded and held in dog chains looking fully exposed to the elements.

This looked demeaning vile and in bad taste.

I will stick with Canterbury Tales!!!

THANK YOU !

goodvibes
And thank you! :thumbs

March 24th, 2016, 1:48 pm #16

I have not posted on the subject of films for a while and although I could barely swallow Pasolini movies.,I have still to catch Canterbury tales.

I will reserve my judgement on that but in the meantime John Steinbeck films have been on my watch list.

I just bought East of Eden in homage to Richard Davalos and also Grapes of Wrath Fonda is a legend these are superb films and beautiful visually.

Well worth seeing.

Davalos and Dean heavenly...