Moderators: WildeLoverStoff, mammaof3, thischarmlessgirl, spyderfyngers, AllYouNeedIsMods, Kate

New Single Release Details...

May 19th, 2018, 10:24 pm #1

The fourth single release from Low In High School is issued by BMG Records. All The Young People Must Fall In Love is a re-mix by Bob Clearmountain, and the B-side is Rose Garden, live from The Grand Ole’ Opry in Tennessee. The song was originally a worldwide hit for Lynn Anderson in 1970.Morrissey’s single is available on 7-inch vinyl and as a download.
Morrissey will play Manchester Castlefield Arena on July 7, and Dalhalla Arena in Rattvik, Sweden on July 19.

Last edited by Reggie Peppery on May 19th, 2018, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 19th, 2018, 10:26 pm #2

Also posted by Sam Esty Raynor on facebook!

Sam Esty Rayner Photography
5 mins · Instagram ·
#morrissey #rattvick #sweden #castlefield #alltheyoungpeoplemustfallinlove #thegrandoleopry #rosegarden

May 20th, 2018, 7:06 am #3

Interesting - hopefully the Clearmountain mix will make the piano nice and prominent as it is in the live version. Could be another airplay hit (with the potential to revive the album's fortunes) if it is.
Last edited by John E Maher on May 20th, 2018, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, 2018, 9:58 am #4

I wonder where the photo is from?

May 20th, 2018, 5:40 pm #5

I searched Caldwell Idaho First Bank and came up with this website which may be of interest...
http://irreverentpsychologist.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1s. I can’t link to the exact page but the image is discussed on the site, just google what I did and search images you’ll soon see it!

Yes, I too can’t wait and imagine minor tweaking to make it more “radio friendly” has occurred, the album has half a dozen great songs on it, I suppose you can’t decide to make every track on an album radio friendly from the get go - it would interrupt the flow, sound idea to tinker if it means it gets airplay!! Can’t wait!
Last edited by Reggie Peppery on May 20th, 2018, 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

May 20th, 2018, 6:53 pm #6

Those girls are probably wondering, why didn't they do that to me?

If it's a remix then I'll definitely give it a go. I wonder if some instruments will be changed?
Last edited by DAVIE on May 20th, 2018, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, 2018, 7:43 pm #7

From my understanding no instruments have been changed, added or deleted, just their prominence in the mix has been altered , I stand to be corrected but that is my understanding, it’s a pretty good song to be fair so tinkering is fine but big changes aren’t warranted (imho).

The photo is pretty open to interpretation, when you see it all then I agree, the girls appear interested in the boys, and are probably wondering “why not me?”!

Great sleeves, great songs, a new tour!!! How does Moz get better and better every passing year and the rest of us don’t???

May 20th, 2018, 10:27 pm #8

Reggie Peppery wrote:From my understanding no instruments have been changed, added or deleted, just their prominence in the mix has been altered , I stand to be corrected but that is my understanding, it’s a pretty good song to be fair so tinkering is fine but big changes aren’t warranted (imho).

The photo is pretty open to interpretation, when you see it all then I agree, the girls appear interested in the boys, and are probably wondering “why not me?”!

Great sleeves, great songs, a new tour!!! How does Moz get better and better every passing year and the rest of us don’t???
That is a very positive spin, Reggie!
I like the song - it's playful, laid back Morrissey which is far more appealing than sexual or politically confused Morrissey which are his other two main subject areas these days.
And the consensus is that the live version is a lot better than the recorded one, so if the piano is nice and high in the mix, we could have an airplay hit.
But these are pretty bleak times to be a fan. He has now officially aligned himself to a far-right party (even if it's mainly because they are led by a homosexual woman who makes positive noises about animal rights, and he hasn't read their full manifesto), and that last dubious 'interview' was self-published via his own website. The comments were as offensive as in the Der Spiegel interview but at least he claimed that those had been misreported. Imagine if he gave some display space to For Britain at the show, like he does for PETA. There would be all kinds of protests.
Anyway, I hope the single and mini-tour is a big success. And I really hope he reads the For Britain manifesto thoroughly and realises how misaligned the party is to his world view (they are climate-change deniers, wish to end all foreign aid expenditure, pro-nuclear weapons, pro increased-militarisation, anti-income redistribution etc).
Last edited by John E Maher on May 20th, 2018, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 21st, 2018, 7:38 am #9

Thanks John E Maher, I do like to be positive about Morrissey as much as possible, we all, at the very least get great music, but yes for sure he does evoke/provoke other emotions too!

I don’t know what invited guests means, this is a new one to me? Is this how artists refer to support acts between themselves? Could it mean an invited speaker??? We will find out soon!

For Britain are, to my mind just like Trump, 50 percent of the ideas are brilliant, and the other half is completely unpalatable, if mainstream parties refuse to take on board the good ideas then they will drive middle-of-the-Road voters to farther left or right parties. History has shown that this is almost always what happens. Take Trump, when it’s a choice between build a wall or “come one, come all” the American public said emphatically “build a wall”, Hilary completely misread the public mood, as are most mainstream parties today. Trump got to be president from pollling at 1% just by taking about a wall! Crazy, really crazy! Something similar could happen in Britain soon, people coalesced around UKIP strategically to force change, if the changes they voted for don’t happen then I predict For Britain will become a major force in British politics.

I suppose I am saying Morrissey wants Democracy to win the day, but has no confidence that it will therefore is looking for as party that will ensure the people’s mandate is enacted, can any party except For Britain be trusted to deliver? And as they align somewhat with his personal beliefs on animal welfare he sees them as the party to get behind! I totally understand this thinking.

I too agree with immediately stopping Foreign Aid, having looked into who receives aid and the corruption around distribution and I’m sure every fair minded individual who looked into in depth would agree, I’d far rather we spent the same money on actual aid for the needy, food, shelter and medicines, possibly an extra regiment of army engineers to be deployed to help rebuild infrastructure after a country has suffered some disaster, as it stands I don’t think our money is helping the needy efficiently or effectively.

I too hope the gigs go well but I do anticipate there will be trouble at one of the gigs, I hope Moz puts on security outside the venue, although this may fall out of his remit and he may not be able to legally insurance wise if it’s a public area. Now to be fair and say most of the protesters will very likely believe they are making a stand against racism, misguided people but sincere at heart, I hope it all passes off without incident but we all know that the antifafa are the biggest fascists going, but I don’t expect Morrissey fans to put up with their bully boy antics for one moment.
I fully imagine there will be a real energy and buzz at these gigs, a lot of the more fickle and flakey fans won’t be there, security will be well beefed up in anticipation of infiltration by mob rule types, could see a ruck happening! Despite the thought of violence which I, and almost every single Morrissey fan would abhor, I still think this may be the greatest gig since 1995!
Last edited by Reggie Peppery on May 21st, 2018, 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

May 21st, 2018, 10:18 pm #10

Reggie Peppery wrote:Thanks John E Maher, I do like to be positive about Morrissey as much as possible, we all, at the very least get great music, but yes for sure he does evoke/provoke other emotions too!

I don’t know what invited guests means, this is a new one to me? Is this how artists refer to support acts between themselves? Could it mean an invited speaker??? We will find out soon!

For Britain are, to my mind just like Trump, 50 percent of the ideas are brilliant, and the other half is completely unpalatable, if mainstream parties refuse to take on board the good ideas then they will drive middle-of-the-Road voters to farther left or right parties. History has shown that this is almost always what happens. Take Trump, when it’s a choice between build a wall or “come one, come all” the American public said emphatically “build a wall”, Hilary completely misread the public mood, as are most mainstream parties today. Trump got to be president from pollling at 1% just by taking about a wall! Crazy, really crazy! Something similar could happen in Britain soon, people coalesced around UKIP strategically to force change, if the changes they voted for don’t happen then I predict For Britain will become a major force in British politics.

I suppose I am saying Morrissey wants Democracy to win the day, but has no confidence that it will therefore is looking for as party that will ensure the people’s mandate is enacted, can any party except For Britain be trusted to deliver? And as they align somewhat with his personal beliefs on animal welfare he sees them as the party to get behind! I totally understand this thinking.

I too agree with immediately stopping Foreign Aid, having looked into who receives aid and the corruption around distribution and I’m sure every fair minded individual who looked into in depth would agree, I’d far rather we spent the same money on actual aid for the needy, food, shelter and medicines, possibly an extra regiment of army engineers to be deployed to help rebuild infrastructure after a country has suffered some disaster, as it stands I don’t think our money is helping the needy efficiently or effectively.

I too hope the gigs go well but I do anticipate there will be trouble at one of the gigs, I hope Moz puts on security outside the venue, although this may fall out of his remit and he may not be able to legally insurance wise if it’s a public area. Now to be fair and say most of the protesters will very likely believe they are making a stand against racism, misguided people but sincere at heart, I hope it all passes off without incident but we all know that the antifafa are the biggest fascists going, but I don’t expect Morrissey fans to put up with their bully boy antics for one moment.
I fully imagine there will be a real energy and buzz at these gigs, a lot of the more fickle and flakey fans won’t be there, security will be well beefed up in anticipation of infiltration by mob rule types, could see a ruck happening! Despite the thought of violence which I, and almost every single Morrissey fan would abhor, I still think this may be the greatest gig since 1995!
Fair points but it's not really about whether I or you agree/disagree with For Britain.
It's how they clash with the worldview articulated through his songs over the years which has generally (if somewhat vaguely) been anti-war, pro-environment, and opposed to the perpetuation of poverty and wealth. For Britain have completely opposite views on all those issues, so for him to unequivocally give them his support is hugely jarring. I just wish he'd actually read their manifesto (I'm convinced he hasn't).
His comments about non-whites being completely responsible for acid attacks is absolutely untrue, and might be the closest he's ever got to genuine racism (I'd always defended him until he made that comment).
So, it's bad-vibe city in Morrissey land at the moment. The people that have been most drawn to him over the years are likely to be the same people who are most repulsed by his recent comments.
Best case scenario for next 6 weeks - he issues a statement or does an interview where he clears up a lot of this mess, the new single gets picked up by radio and rescues the album from the sales graveyard, the 2 shows are a massive success, and we get treated to a couple of new songs.
Worst case scenario - we get a statement or interview that is just as awful/incriminating as the last ones, radio ignores the new single, the concerts don't sell out, and there are massive protests at them.
Guess the reality will fall somewhere in between but I really hope the best case comes true.