Moderators: WildeLoverStoff, mammaof3, thischarmlessgirl, spyderfyngers, AllYouNeedIsMods, Kate

Kill Uncle vs Low In High School

2:08 PM - Jul 03, 2018 #1

Kill Uncle OR Low in High School?

Total votes: 5
3(60%)
2(40%)

I know it's another comparison thread, but I'm actually quite interested to know people's thoughts between these 2 albums. I've added a poll for everyone. Add any comments if you so wish ;)

4:03 PM - Jul 03, 2018 #2

Kill Uncle wasn’t Morrisseys best album! Some individual songs were strong, but as a whole, it never really achieved immortality! Low in High School is magnificent!!! Teach your kids to recognise and despise...greatest opening line ever? Morrissey singing political songs in the style of Fiddler on the Roof! What’s not to like!

4:30 PM - Jul 03, 2018 #3

I know Kill Uncle is often looked upon as not a great album.... but I've always loved it. And honestly Low In High School is the first Morrissey album in a long time that I didn't think was brilliant... it has a few decent songs, but overall, I'm not that fond of it. So Kill Uncle for the win!

PS: if you don't vote, Reggie, your opinion won't count! :D Kill Uncle is winning right now! rotfl

4:36 PM - Jul 03, 2018 #4

mammaof3 wrote:I know Kill Uncle is often looked upon as not a great album.... but I've always loved it. And honestly Low In High School is the first Morrissey album in a long time that I didn't think was brilliant... it has a few decent songs, but overall, I'm not that fond of it. So Kill Uncle for the win!

PS: if you don't vote, Reggie, your opinion won't count! :D Kill Uncle is winning right now! rotfl
I agree with you Mamma. A bit of track maneuvering and you can make a decent album from it. I can't do that with Low in High School. It's a throwaway album that I have literally "thrown away". I don't like any of them for whatever reason. I can only reason that the overall "feel" of the album is not enjoyable for me. I did the same with YOR so it's not the first album that I have disowned.

The Morrissey Song Game is still going folks if you wish to talk songs. I love reading your opinions on Morrissey songs. :thumbs
Last edited by DAVIE on 4:38 PM - Jul 03, 2018, edited 1 time in total.