Moderator: AllYouNeedIsMods

May 27th, 2018, 2:01 pm #21

John E Maher wrote:Think I've just read what is the first formal review of the album (in Uncut Magazine). Gets 8/10 and is pretty glowing. Worth remembering though that the last one got good reviews, too, and I was v disappointed when I finally heard it. Just one solitary good song (Money Money). Fingers crossed this will be a big improvement though. He's spent 4 years on it - the last one he did in a year.
Well, I've seen a second review now for the album (in Classic Pop). Another 8/10.
Think they criticised the lyrics quite severely but v complementary about the music.
The single (Hi Hello) has been added to the Radio 2 B-list.
If it moves up to the A-list, a top 10 album is all but guaranteed.
There is the outside possibility that, for the first time ever, a Johnny Marr solo album could outsell Morrissey!
Amazing when you consider he found his fame as a guitarist.

May 28th, 2018, 9:25 am #22

Been watching Johnny Marr's recent gigs this past week. He's on form.

What do you think of the next single?? Sounds like the best solo song he's written. It's got Johnny Marr written all over it.

He's also playing "Last Night I Dreamt" and "You Just Haven't Heard It Yet, Baby". The second song always appears on my Spotify so it may have become a popular song among the new Smiths fans. I wonder if that inspired his Smiths selection decision?
Last edited by DAVIE on May 28th, 2018, 12:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.

May 31st, 2018, 9:27 pm #23

Roberto Ferdenzi
22 mins ·
Johnny Marr - Walk Into The Sea - Official Music Video

#CallTheComet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... pGAJlhGWt4

edited to add video
Last edited by mammaof3 on June 6th, 2018, 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

June 6th, 2018, 6:18 am #24

Johnny Marr - Bug (On Conan O'Brien)

June 6th, 2018, 1:43 pm #25

I may even buy that single Mamma. Musically it's better all the tracks off Morrisseys album. It's a fantastic single.

June 6th, 2018, 3:09 pm #26

DAVIE wrote:I may even buy that single Mamma. Musically it's better all the tracks off Morrisseys album. It's a fantastic single.
:yay

It gets more promising with each new song released, right? :thumbs Looking forward to hearing the whole album.