Moderators: WildeLoverStoff, mammaof3, thischarmlessgirl, spyderfyngers, AllYouNeedIsMods, Kate

Film Thread

June 13th, 2010, 6:11 pm #1

Just been reading that Angelina Jolie is going to be playing Cleopatra soon: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... patra.html

So that means she'll be wearing a lot of eye makeup and pouting. Like every other film she's been in?

June 13th, 2010, 6:37 pm #2

TheReader wrote:Just been reading that Angelina Jolie is going to be playing Cleopatra soon: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... patra.html

So that means she'll be wearing a lot of eye makeup and pouting. Like every other film she's been in?
I haven't seen many Jolie films, but that sounds about right!

My husband wanted to see Get Him to the Greek. Meh, it was ok. Russell was good. I'm just tired of that whole "boys behaving badly yet we still love them" genre. It had a funny premise, but the writing could have been so much better. And in several scenes I just sat there and thought....Huh????

I finally watched Precious a while ago. VERY good, gritty, dramatic and unforgettable.

I have Hamlet 2 from Netflix now, hoping to watch it tonight.

June 13th, 2010, 10:00 pm #3

For Cleopatra, you can't beat Amanda Barry in 'Carry on Cleo' (where is the horny smiley?)

Jukebox Jury

June 13th, 2010, 11:46 pm #4

handsome devil or innocentdevil
hndsome or innocent

June 14th, 2010, 7:07 am #5

Apparently they're going to make 'Scream 4' and 're-boot' the franchise.

Hope it's good, the ghost face and all the knives in the first three films scare the life out of me :ermm:

June 15th, 2010, 9:36 am #6

On the 'Wonderwall' bit of msn.com they're discussing who they'd cast in the The Goonies if it was ever remade (please god, no. The original will never be topped).

The link is: http://wonderwall.msn.com/?ocid=ENTSP-C ... 96.gallery

Hilariously, they suggest Mickey Rourke as 'Sloth' - 'Hey You Guuuuuys'! :D

June 16th, 2010, 9:58 am #7

Finally got round to watching A Single Man. Excellent. It's like a short story - a day in the life of one man - made into a really beautifully shot, understated film.

Can you tell Tom Ford made it with the collaboration of the guys behind Mad Men?!:

My lectures were never like this :( :

June 16th, 2010, 3:02 pm #8

I can't wait to see A Single Man!

I kinda watched Hamlet 2 last night. I fell asleep in the first 10 minutes and then drifted in and out of consciousness, thinking, is this worth waking up for? And each time I decided it wasn't. I was fully awake for the last 10 minutes, during which I tried to will myself back to sleep.

June 16th, 2010, 3:49 pm #9

Je Suis Julie wrote:I can't wait to see A Single Man!

I kinda watched Hamlet 2 last night. I fell asleep in the first 10 minutes and then drifted in and out of consciousness, thinking, is this worth waking up for? And each time I decided it wasn't. I was fully awake for the last 10 minutes, during which I tried to will myself back to sleep.
What is Hamlet 2? Or is it best I don't know?!

June 17th, 2010, 6:33 pm #10

Watched Wes Anderson's 'Fantastic Mr Fox' a few weeks ago.

Pretty much what it sounds like really - classic story done in quirky stop-motion animation - but very enjoyable.