[closed] Two Shadows and a Monster walk into a bar...

August 25th, 2017, 12:19 am #1

As he wandered through the streets of Fur country, memories of past intervillage experiences flooding his mind, he silently wondered who would attend this event. After speaking with a few people and overhearing a few others, it seemed that some of the strongest in the lands were gathered here at Fur Country... Including a man with whom he would love to share another conversation with; Natsuki, Takeo. After his last interaction with the Hokage in Fire Country when he saved his ally Nehan, he posed an offer to the man that had been initially turned down. Since that day, Kenji wondered; would the answer have been different had they been alone? If the Hokage didn't have others from his village with him that day, would he be more receptive to Kenji's proposition?

This was the perfect opportunity to find out.

If he knew people like Takeo, he could assume with reasonable accuracy that the man would be alone here in Fur Country, or at the most maybe a guard or two with him. He seemed the type to pride himself on his own personal strength, and in an area where death was met with death, it was unlikely anyone would even attempt something against the man's life. And gruffer men like him seemed to enjoy drinking as well... He knew nothing personal about the man, he was just generalizing based on his appearance and his few actions. As it turned out however, his musings were right on point... but he hadn't accounted for another patron to be engaged with his quarry.

Nor did he expect one Kage to be engaged with another... very interesting.

He had never met the Kazekage of Sunagakure, but he had heard stories about his short but eventful career as Kazekage. The man was lauded for his intellect, something that Kenji shared in common with him. An interaction with another intellectual like himself, someone who could truly comprehend, was nothing short of joyous. "How about that? I go seeking one shadow and find two. Aren't I the lucky one today... Lord Hokage, Lord Kazekage. A pleasure to meet you both here on this fine day in Fur Country." Kenji showed proper respects, giving a formal bow as he caught the two shinobi's attention. "Might I insert myself into the conversation?" He smiled underneath his facemask, his gruff and raspy voice just loud enough to be heard over the slightly busy bar scene, but low enough that others likely would pay it no mind unless they were specifically trying to hear what they said.
Active Characters
Village of Origin
Character Name & Link
Rank
Notes/Other
[/td]
Kirigakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Jounin
N/A :: ANBU
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
N/A
Iwagakure No Sato
Bannin S-Rank Missing Ninja
Dragon Country
D-Rank Ronin
N/A
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
N/A :: Scribes of Sand

August 27th, 2017, 6:41 pm #2

Fur Country was a land of opportunity. The prospect of entering a land of hunters and wild game had of course appealed to Takeo as did the ability to take a trip with his eldest son and make time to bond with the boy away from the demands of the village. Nonetheless the Hokage knew he couldn’t shirk his duties completely nor would his ambitions be sated unless he took advantage of this gathering of shinobi from each of the great nations. In truth he had hoped to encounter either the Tsuchikage or the Mizukage though to his disappointment neither had attended the festival. As much as that might relieve potential tensions it was unfortunate to not be able to discuss terms with yet another world power, having already formed a budding alliance with Kumogakure and begun working far more closely with Sunagakure to achieve many of their shared dreams.

Still, both of his allies were present. Perhaps at some point during the festival the three of them might be able to discuss a proper triple alliance and utilize one another’s resources for the same goals. It was an ambitious thought however and Takeo certainly didn’t wish to come across as overbearing with the Raikage, a man whom he still didn’t completely trust. He was beginning to understand how he thought, always testing the waters and attempting to hide his true intentions though there was always something inherently unsettling about someone who wasn’t direct, honest and forthright. It was those qualities that he appreciated so much in Hito; the Kazekage. He and Takeo were the same in that regard which surely was why their alliance had been strengthen to such a significant extent and also why the man trusted him so much. It had been quite some time since they had first met and he was looking forward to meeting with the man again, checking in on progress but also spending time with someone that he now considered a friend.

While Takeo’s son, Yozei was presumably off training hard somewhere in the village the Hokage had set aside this evening to meet with Hito. As it turned out there weren’t a whole lot of establishments within the small village, a few restaurants and shops, a meeting hall which seemed restricted to locals and of course a large bar and tavern for the various travellers that frequented the village. It seemed to be the best fit, even if it was often quite crowded during this festival. Luckily a large drinking tent had also been set up for competitors to help accommodate the influx of patrons and travellers accordingly. Regardless the tavern was already at 2/3rds capacity when the Hokage entered. He didn’t look particularly intimidating, wearing a brown haori with black trim that opened slightly at his chest and was tied around his waist by a black waist sash. His pants too were black and his forearms and shins were protected by brown metal guards. A sword was strapped to his back and there was a dagger sheathed horizontally at his tailbone. He wore the leaf symbol hitai-ate across his forehead and on his right arm was a red band with black Kanji for ‘Hokage’ written on it. It would be evident that he was in Fur Country primarily as a competitor rather than a diplomat.

Only a few people within the bar, mostly Konoha shinobi themselves or more observant shinobi of other villages seemed to recognize him by appearance or recognize the symbol on his arm. To many he blended in with the atmosphere, just another bearded hunter of average stature and a muscular build. There were dozens of far more impressive looking men than him throughout the festival, some within the bar even now though aside from the other Kage or Bannin of the villages none could hold a candle to him in terms of strength, speed and ability. Making his way to a corner booth that offered a decent vantage point and was still relatively close to the bar and thus a back exit way Takeo approached the group that was settled in there. All it took was the offer to pay for the next two rounds for each of them for them to find a table or another booth. Sitting in his newly claimed booth the man would look over the crowd and before long wave over Hito just in time for a waitress to come by. He had already looked through the menu while waiting for the Kazekage so after greeting the man with a firm handshake and some kind words he would wait until his friend and fellow world leader was ready and then order himself a 12 ounce rib-eye elk steak, a pitcher of their local lager and a pound of their slow cooked boar, served in a pulled pork fashion, which was currently their special that Takeo simply couldn’t pass up. When it came to food and drink, especially game meat few could keep pace with the bearded warrior of Konoha.

The waitress had hardly taken their orders to the kitchen before the pair of Kage’s were met by another. Hiraku Kenji. Takeo had caught sight of him as the woman left them, giving Hito a significant look as his own body positioning shifted slightly. In truth he hadn’t expected that Kenji would attempt any aggression, it wasn’t his style and moreover it wouldn’t serve a purpose here. Nonetheless instincts were hard to break and Takeo was always one to err on the side of caution regardless of the situation. “Kenji. I was wondering when I might see you again. Please, sit.” He offered calmly, gesturing for the immortal to sit next to him on his left with Hito next to Takeo on his right. He wished to not only place himself in more direct danger should there be any but also be able to react directly if there was a need. "I trust your daughter made it back to you safely?” he inquired casually. He wasn’t entirely sure if Kenji had been informed that Suzume had been in Konoha though his ANBU operatives had ensured him that she had been dropped off in a location where Kenji was sure to find her. Better to assume Kenji knew and be upfront about it, once again taking the approach of directness and transparency, only keeping the most classified and vital secrets and operations hidden.
Natsuki Takeo - Hokage of the Leaf
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Chunin; Jinchuuriki
Natsuki Yozei- Konoha Genin
Takeda Ichiro - D-Rank Waterfall Country

THP

August 30th, 2017, 3:30 pm #3

What a remarkable time and place. Individuals from every major village were here, and as far as he'd heard, he made three kages present. He couldn't help but attempt to visualize the amount of significance and strength within the village. He imagined each person's authority and strength as a glowing ball of light, with the more light meaning the more strength and authority. This village was almost as bright as the sun, which meant the potential rewards were immense.

That pleased him, but it also created a great deal of pressure. He was still young and inexperienced, relative to any other world leader, and he wasn't quite ready to do anything here. He had done an enormous amount of planning and mental preparation when he went to meet Takeo, but he had not been prepared for the turnout today. He would be fine, of course, but would benefit from a morning meditation.

He had replaced his clothing with a very simple Jounin garb, wearing a simple black shirt and pants along with his equipment. Those in the village that knew of his plans to travel nearly had a heart attack letting him come here in the first place (not that he gave them much of a choice), so he made the promise to at least not advertise his position. Among the Suna shinobi present, that meant nothing as they knew his face well. The rest of the world was mostly oblivious, however, and the young man was able to easily weave through town without being noticed.

After a solid morning's walk through town, mapping out the area and scoping out the population, he made his way to Takeo. He had planned to meet the Hokage early on so that they may touch upon the progress of all they had discussed, but more importantly, to find out how to move forward with Kumogakure. Hito intended to build relations with every village, and Takeo had actually beat him to the bunch. He couldn't help but smile at the fact that while their friendship was growing, Konoha and it's new leader were quickly becoming rivals in Hito's mind. They wanted similar things, but Hito very much wanted Suna to do and get those things first.

That was an issue for later, for now, he would dine and drink with somebody he truly found interesting. Sitting down and ordering his drink, Hito began to speak only to stop suddenly when watching the Hokages reaction. An ominous looking man approach, and everything in him set off alarms. The man's appearance was beyond bizarre, his eyes were an unnatural color that matched no Doujutsu or ability Hito had ever heard of. His body was lanky and moved in an inexplicably different way that his intuition did not enjoy. The reaction from Takeo and his saying Kenji's name was the last confirmation he needed:

This was Hiraku, Kenji. He knew nothing about the man, as he had not yet been able to talk to Iwa and request their Bingo Books. Instead, he had his village collect what little information they could about all the A and S-ranked missing ninja around the world. All he knew about this one was that he was dangerous, something clearly reflected in Takeo's reaction and in Kenji's tone despite speaking to two kages. Following Takeo's lead, however, Hito played nice. Standing up slightly, he offered out his hand to shake. Usually he preferred to bow, but perhaps a handshake could provide him with some semblance of information.

"Hiraku Kenji, I presume? Pleasure to meet such an enigma." smiling, he returned to his seat and watched, collecting information and waiting.

This was an interesting meeting and something told him it could be quite useful, but he wasn't about to let down his guard around possibly the most dangerous missing ninja alive.

Kazekage
Sunagakure no Sato
A-ranked Missing Ninja
Kumogakure no Sato
[/s][/s]
I honestly didn't realize "akatsuki" was in Zai's name, and i'm pretty embarrassed about it. Think of a better one and pm me it plox.

Most intense. Mission. EVER.

September 1st, 2017, 5:43 am #4

Kenji showed no signs of apprehension or concern as the Kazekage rose from his seat; if his reputation preceded him, the man was likely more curious then he was afraid or wanting to fight. And Kenji, being unafraid of him or any other, was happy to sate his curiosities. In fact, it was something he admired, and so he had no problem taking the Kazekage's hand in a shake. Hito would feel that the hand felt like skin, but it was room temperature, betraying Kenji's sickening lack of body heat. If the Kage gripped firmly, he would also feel no sign of bone or any other such structures within his hand; like shaking hands with rigid cloth, or something similar to that.

"The pleasure is mine, your grace. I've looked forward to meeting another who shares my appetite for knowledge. The reputation of your scribes has reached my ears, I take pleasure in knowing there is another who champions a cause such as my own." Kenji's voice was gruff, though genuine; If there was one thing Kenji could relate to, it was the Kazekage's pursuit of information. Perhaps a common ground the two could come to terms on at a later date, although for now the Hokage was the center of Kenji's attention. Hito's time would come in the future, and whether they were allies or enemies would be his decision to make.

The Hokage's question earned a raised eyebrow from The Thing, and suddenly all the pieces fell into place in his head... Damn that girl and her curiosity, she wandered towards the forest didn't she? He had explicitly told her to stay away from the forest, to stay in her room until his return, but of course her damnable curiosity got the better of her. And worst of all, she had informed Konoha that she was in fact his child... But that begged the question; why did they return her to him, knowing who she was? A sign of good faith, or perhaps they wished to avoid his wrath? Or maybe it was a statement; Remember, we can get to you whenever we want. What game are you getting at Takeo...

As he took a seat beside the Hokage, resting his hands flat on the table in front of him to show his lack of ill intent, he finally responded to the Hokage's inquisition. "Indeed she did. And I assume I have you to thank for that. She hadn't informed me that she had had a run in with your people, Lord Hokage. Tell me, without revealing too much of course, what exactly happened? All she told me was that she met a boy..." He really, really hoped that this 'boy' of hers wasn't a Konoha shinobi. That... that would be a really messy conversation to have later, and he already had much he had to address with her it seemed.
Active Characters
Village of Origin
Character Name & Link
Rank
Notes/Other
[/td]
Kirigakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
N/A
Iwagakure No Sato
Dragon Country
D-Rank Ronin
N/A
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin

December 27th, 2017, 10:34 pm #5

Takeo observed the interaction before him, a few years ago he never would have imagined that he would be present when an S-rank rogue shinobi shook the hand of a Kage, let alone that he would also boast such an impressive title. Of course the meeting was formal due to circumstance rather than any kind of allegiance. Each of the three men could easily level a village or singlehandedly defeat large armies of non-shinobi or entire regiments of those fighting on behalf of a hidden village. It would be impossible to engage in any kind of skirmish between individuals of such capacity without incurring scores of casualties. In a neutral nation hosting an event such as this everyone knew that such an outcome would be avoided at any cost, even if that meant placating such a notorious and dangerous criminal. From first hand experience the Hokage knew that Kenji could no longer be considered human. His body consisted almost entirely of tendrils which could regenerate at terrifying rates, it made for a body with few weaknesses and vulnerabilities. There was no question that the Earth Grudge Fear technique was a forbidden jutsu for good reason, such an abomination was simply too powerful and prone towards evil than what should be allowed to exist.

There was still much Takeo didn’t understand about the technique though he had spent considerable time learning its combat advantages and planning how to deal with such power. Nonetheless, in this encounter he had to consider the mindset of someone whom would throw away their humanity for immortality. The thought was almost beyond comprehension, there was simply too much that the man valued about his mortal life that he couldn’t fathom a desire for knowledge or power that could outweigh even simple things like the enjoyment of good food and drink or the touch of a woman. Perhaps Hito would relate more strongly to Kenji, each were driven by academics though for very different reasons. Surely enough the common ground between the two was addressed, no doubt Kenji thirsted for access to Sunagakure’s libraries. One way or another he would eventually attempt to study them he was sure. Whether that would be a result of subterfuge, sheer force or negotiation was yet to be seen.

The bearded warrior of Konoha smirked as Kenji processed his statement. He had hoped to throw him off early on, a tactic he picked up from the Raikage. It was important to assert oneself in a conversation and never let a potential enemy become too comfortable or in control. The former ANBU commander would allow Kenji to consider the many implications of such a statement, after all leaving unknown elements or having his secrets exposed were perhaps the greatest vulnerabilities to someone such as Kenji.

As the creature sat down and placed his hands on the table Takeo noted the unique ring he wore and the inscription upon it, noting to scour through ANBU reports for any matching symbols. “She’s a curious one, wandered a little too deep into our forests. Her and I had a good talk about that. I assure you of course that no harm came to her” It was Takeo’s turn however to be thrown off guard at the mention of a boy. He hadn’t expected Suzume to talk about such things with Kenji. He knew her and Yozei had become friendly with one another but the ANBU operatives keeping an eye on them hadn’t indicated much more than that and Takeo had given the boy a stern warning not to get too attached to the girl. “Is that so?” he gave Kenji a concerned look, “I had my eldest son keep an eye on her, someone I knew I could trust to treat her well…though perhaps too well” he mused. If the two ended up getting too attached to one another it would be problematic for each of their fathers. Either one could end up becoming a security hazard and risk leaking pertinent information or worse be eventually turned against one of their fathers. Moreover there was the public backlash if rumor got out that the Hokage’s son was involved with the daughter of an infamous criminal. “I’m sure it’s nothing more than a simple crush at worst, still best to keep them apart” he decided, surely Kenji would agree.

January 17th, 2018, 11:51 pm #6

...It took every ounce of self control Kenji had to hide his frustration and anger as Takeo informed him of the 'boy' Suzume had grown attached to. Just like her mother... Why can't she make my life easy for once? He only hoped that the Hokage was right about it being a simple crush and nothing more. "I suppose kids will be kids. No doubt there's an exotic draw there, both children are from different worlds. They're likely attracted to how unique they seem to each other in comparison to what they've been around all their lives. I do imagine you're right though, this will pass in time. I'm sure I don't have to explain how important it is that this be kept secret... It would be bad for all parties involved if this information slipped."

Kenji didn't want anyone knowing that he had a daughter, let alone that his daughter was attracted to a Konoha shinobi, let alone that that shinobi was the son of the fucking Hokage. Just then, Hito's entourage came to take him away for some important thing that only he could make the decision on, and Kenji would give a small bow in response to his departure. That would make his life easier... now the real talk could begin. "An interesting man... I will have to seek him out at a later date. I'm sure we can prove helpful to each other. Just as i'm sure that you and I can prove helpful to each other, lord Hokage."

With Hito gone, Kenji would move to where Hito sat, so that he and the Hokage were opposite each other instead of adjacent. His hands were still on the table, as he wanted to continue to show that he was not attempting to be threatening to the Hokage. "First, I would actually like to congratulate you lord Hokage. You proved to be a far more powerful opponent then I had anticipated. Your... company" He spoke of Yoru with clear disdain, as the man had annoyed him greatly in their bout. "Was more of an annoying gnat. He posed little threat to me. You, however, dealt damage to me unlike any other fight I have been in. I dare say that if I were still mortal, that would have been the end of me. Take pride in that accomplishment lord Hokage, and know that I am not one to give compliments often."

"But I wonder..." Kenji's fingers interlaced and rose up to rest on his elbows. He rested his chin on his interlaced fingers, a pose he was infamous for, as it was his way of exhibiting control and authority. "Have you given any more thought to what I said that day? I'd like to think that your snap reaction to my words that day were due to the company of your peers. After all, You're a leader Takeo. Surely you understand the value in negotiations, compromises and truces. Perhaps even temporary alliances..." He let his words hang in the air, judging the Hokage's reaction to each and every one with the eyes of an eagle. He was eagerly searching for even the slightest hint of reason within the Hokage's mind, hoping that the man wasn't a complete patriot, unwilling to see the potential for mutual benefit.
Active Characters
Village of Origin
Character Name & Link
Rank
Notes/Other
[/td]
Kirigakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
N/A
Iwagakure No Sato
Dragon Country
D-Rank Ronin
N/A
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin

January 21st, 2018, 2:58 am #7

Takeo carefully studied Kenji’s response, he was handling the situation better than he had expected. Each time he had interacted with him he had impressively maintained a rational and calm demeanor with the only drawback being the man’s own ego although that could also be used to one’s advantage. “Indeed, you have my word” he agreed. Everything Kenji said Takeo believed as well. He knew exactly how important it was that this information stayed between those seated around their small table. Intentionally letting Hito in on this secret had been a show of faith to his ally as well as leverage placed against Kenji. Unfortunately the Kazekage was shortly swept away by his own duties though at least the man had played a part and would surely be involved in many important matters to come. The Hokage would acknowledge him as he left before readjusting seating positions now that only two remained. No sooner had Hito left than the waitress arrived with the pitcher of beer that Takeo had ordered, along with two glasses, one which surely would go to waste now that his company had changed since when he had first ordered. The food came next, a hefty steak, complete with baked potato and vegetables as well as an order of pulled pork.

The Hokage poured himself a glass of the lager style beer but before he could take a sip his brows raised in surprise as Kenji complimented him. The man chuckled lightly as Yoru was described as a gnat though he decided to appreciate the testament to his own skills. In his own mind he and Yoru were roughly equals and in fact the young Bannin had often held the advantage in spars though he did possess the types of skills that typically put Takeo at a disadvantage. In a real fight Yoru did always claim that Takeo would win due to his superior experience and tactics and perhaps that was the difference in effectiveness throughout the battle against Kenji and Nehan. “Your praise speaks volumes Kenji, I have to admit nobody else has been able to push me so far. If I had known you were going to join the fight I certainly wouldn’t have taken so many reckless liberties with Nehan, still, it was exhilarating!” he admitted, grinning at the recollection. Despite being mortal, no because of it, Takeo loved to embrace the rush of near death experiences, pushing himself through overwhelming odds and surviving impossible situations. He had almost thought he had become too powerful for that but he was reminded again of the power of S-rank shinobi. There would always exist those more powerful than him, he just hoped he had the fortune of being able to keep his skills sharp and tested frequently.

Raising his glass high the man drank it back in a few short seconds before wiping the froth from his beard and digging in to his steak. He savored every bite of the delicious elk, dripping with flavorful and wonderful bloodlines mixed with the various seasonings. “I suppose you don’t eat or drink anymore eh Kenji? Immortality sure comes with a hefty price…” he mused, thinking back on some of his earlier thoughts. He knew the two would never see eye to eye on such issues, they were people who valued completely different things. Takeo swallowed another bite and refilled his glass, taking smaller sips now. “You have good instincts. I thought you might see through that. The leaf village is notorious for naivety. Many of my subordinates, Yoru included have good hearts and they believe we can accomplish anything we wish to simply by doing the right thing. Few of them realize that even in Konoha there is a dark underbelly and we have had to do many unsavory things to preserve the peace of our nation. I’ve had a hand in such dealings for many years and now as Hokage I must preserve the public face as well as oversee and approve of what goes on in the shadows. I’m not above striking deals with powerful and reasonable individuals.” He was in fact quite interested in coming to terms with Kenji, a man as powerful as he was far better to have as an ally than an enemy.

January 21st, 2018, 3:35 am #8

Deep down, it honestly made Kenji a little sick to be complimenting a man who he had just quarreled with, not because he hated honor but because that meant Takeo was a threat... He didn't like entertaining such a thought. His obvious attraction to adrenaline and near death experiences could be exploited if it came down to it however. He was the type that didn't back down from seemingly insurmountable odds, the kind who relished in combat... The kind that was easy to provoke into overextending themselves. If ever the day came, he would remember that weakness. "I suppose I arrived at just the right moment. Nehan was in over her head, and unfortunately she is necessary to my goals. She's far too valuable a tool to let go to waste so easily." It was a cruel irony that the most important people to Kenji's goals were some of the most annoying to him. Necessary evils, through and through.

Kenji watched the man go at his food and drink with a sort of intrigued look. He could of course taste food and drink still, but they held no benefit to him. "I don't require it, though I can still partake if I wish. I normally consider it a waste of effort though. Even before my ascendance, I ate because I had to, and took little pleasure in the simple necessity. What is a costly price to some is worth little to others. No longer needing sleep or rest has enabled me much more time to further my ambitions. Knowledge is my food, and Chakra my drink. I need little else." Such simple, human pleasures were worthless to him now, and even in the old days they meant little. It was interesting to him that people were so interested in these things, that such simple human necessities were also some of the most pleasurable experiences to mortal men. He was happy, however, to see that his intuition was correct.

"An admirable trait in a leader, Lord Hokage. Do what is in the best interest of your country, even if the people believe otherwise. After all, if I may be frank, most people have no idea what they need. They are driven by silly notions such as morality and honor, things that prevent them from seeing the big picture and securing the peace they so desire. That is why it is a leader's job to make those decisions." A smile crossed his masked face as he straightened up, resting his hands at his sides finally in the hopes that perhaps Takeo trusted him enough to not get antsy about it. "Believe it or not, I do not wish to quarrel with Konoha. They have done me no wrong, and a war with your people would only cause unnecessary death."

"But there are things I want from your lands, Hokage. Secrets that remain unknown to the world, and thus unknown to me. That realization gnaws at me daily, it eats me away knowing that there are things I may never learn because of petty beliefs such as 'it could prove dangerous to us later' or 'they could use our powers against us'. As I said, knowledge is my food... And you know what happens to a man on the brink of starvation. The horrible atrocities they can commit just to sate that primal hunger." He let that last sentence hang in the air above the two shinobi... It wasn't so much a threat as it was a prophecy. A telling of what the future would hold when Kenji had no where left to go to sate that unending hunger for knowledge. He would wait for the Hokage's response on this matter, wait to see how Takeo handled the revelation the God of Chakra had provided him.
Active Characters
Village of Origin
Character Name & Link
Rank
Notes/Other
[/td]
Kirigakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
N/A
Iwagakure No Sato
Dragon Country
D-Rank Ronin
N/A
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin

February 2nd, 2018, 7:14 am #9

Takeo continued to make short work of his plate of food, quickly cutting the 12oz steak down to size. He would eat a couple mouthfuls of the potato filling before topping it up with pulled pork and eating it in the style of a taco, skin and all. He listened to Kenji’s response, it was as he had expected. Ordinarily out of curtesy and tradition he would insist that anyone he were meeting with join him in food and drink though it truly would be a shame to waste on someone who could not appreciate such things. Still, some traditions were worth keeping. “At least have a drink then, I insist” he stated, pouring the man a glass after topping off his own. “A sign of being equals” he asserted, raising his glass and expecting Kenji to do the same. If he could not show some sign of humility, enough to lower himself from God status to the realm of Kage, then it was unlikely he could truly be considered a partner in any future endeavors.

As Kenji spoke on the values of being a leader Takeo found it somewhat concerning how strongly the words resonated with him. The fact that the Hokage and an S-rank criminal could share similar ideals was frightening though Takeo had come to learn that morality was a fragile thing for those shinobi whom had survived and killed enough times to reach the caliber of the true elite. “A leader’s job is never easy but it is necessary” he agreed somewhat bitterly. Of course it wasn’t all bad, there were times when one received praise and recognition but more often there was a sense of all encompassing responsibility and blame for everything that was not ideal. Many considered Takeo too trusting, uneasy about him branching out to form alliances with other nations and even welcoming an S-ranked Missing ninja into the village yet every decision was carefully thought out and potential allies were thoroughly tested and seen with proper suspicion.

Kenji stood and Takeo adjusted slightly but kept himself relatively relaxed. His instincts told him the man wouldn’t attack but his mind considered the possibility that all of this had been a ruse to draw him out. Even in a place such as this Kenji had little to fear. He could assassinate Takeo and teleport away via Space-time ninjutsu before back-up arrived. “That is true, however you and your partner have each killed many leaf shinobi, such things are not easily forgotten.” He reminded. Whatever arrangement they might come to would be temporary at best and it would be crucial to keep it hidden from the public eye. Takeo considered the ramifications of such a deal, if it came to light that he gave away village secrets he would be remembered as the worst Hokage in history. “To give away village secrets would be treason…however surely it isn’t only Konoha’s knowledge that you seek. Perhaps I could help sate your appetite, work together to gain intel on Kirigakure for instance or help seek out and capture foreign missing ninja so that you may study them, especially in the case of those with kekkei genkai.” He proposed, the payoff wouldn’t be quite as immediate as handing over clan scrolls or forbidden jutsu but it did provide a situation of mutual benefit. “There may too come a time where Iwa or Kiri takes up arms against Konoha, if that were to occur your power would be an asset to me and there would be vast potential for information to fall into your hands.” He suggested. In times of war there would be potential for Kenji to examine bodies from all sides.

February 11th, 2018, 12:46 am #10

Kenji frumped for a moment at the Hokage's insistence, but ultimately he nodded in obligation and grabbed hold of the glass, trying his best to form a genuine smile at the man's toast.. He lifted it to his lips and drank the lager down... such a foreign feeling to him, the act of gulping was no longer natural to him, And Takeo would see just how alien it was to Kenji as he watched the man essentially force himself to 'gulp'. Not out of disgust, it actually tasted rather okay if a little bitter, but it was just so weird for him to be doing something that he hadn't done for centuries... Like he had forgotten how to drink.

When he set the drink down, he smirked at the man's comment about leadership. "If it were easy, everyone would do it." It was all he had left to say on the matter, but it was enough to let Takeo know that Kenji considered him cut from a different cloth than most. Not everyone had it in them to lead, but clearly Takeo had the proper qualities and experience necessary to do the job. If he didn't, he likely wouldn't be Hokage.

The topic moved towards the deal at hand finally, but Takeo felt the need to first remind Kenji that he was responsible for the deaths of many Konoha shinobi."A tragic turn of events, I agree. But what is one to do when their partner's village comes knocking? Nehan is too valuable to me to simply let her fall back into your hands. And of course, I recently killed a half dozen of your men in Whirlpool... I admit, I was not of sane mind then. I had only recently returned to the land of the living, and was still... reacclimating. That will not happen again, I assure you... provided your men stay out of harm's way, of course." Kenji wasn't going to go out of his way to kill another Konoha shinobi, there was no need, especially with him trying to come to some sort of terms with their leader. However, he also wouldn't avoid killing them if they purposely got in his way, or tried to oppose him. Hopefully the Hokage knew that, and would instruct his men to avoid getting between Kenji and his goals in the future.

And then came the fun part... the negotiation itself. Kenji smirked as he rest his hands upon his interlaced fingertips, supported by his elbows while he listened to the Hokage give him the possibilities. Once finished, he lifted his head off of his fingers and laid them on the table once more. "Lord Hokage, first let me state that while you are the only kage I have personally spoken to in this manner, you are not the first shinobi I have spoken to in this manner. I won't give names or origins, but my net extends in all directions. Im an equal opportunist, and my goals involve not just Konoha or Iwa, but all of the villages at some point in time. After all, you all have your secrets, and it is my life's ambition to know them."

Kenji wasn't shy about being up front about his goals, not anymore at least. His power was undeniable, so what did he have to fear? "In the meantime however, let us discuss what you would be willing to do, and what I can do to perhaps convince you that giving in to my wishes isn't such a bad idea. It's no secret that I have bad blood with my homeland. It's also no secret that Konoha and Iwa don't exactly like each other. So what I propose benefits us both... I will wipe Iwa off of the map. Entirely. If they rebuild it will likely not be in the same spot, and that's assuming they have the manpower necessary to do so. Your rivals, my enemies... gone." He let the thought hang above them, knowing that the power shift would no doubt lead to a world geared towards Konoha's and Suna's prosperity. The resulting decline of Kiri would also benefit him, as there was information there that he wished. And if the village fell, he had no doubt that his connection to that village would be just fine becoming one with his ambitions. Hideki would make a great ally once his ties were cut.

That would be two out of five done with... hopefully three, if the Hokage was willing to give him what he sought. "There are two reasons I tell you this Hokage. First, if I do this, it will prove to the world that my will is absolute. And I sincerely doubt that you would want to be in my way after seeing what I do to my homeland. Second, it's only fair to provide payment for services rendered, is it not? Wiping out your rival should no doubt be of some significance, enough to break the rules a little right?"
Active Characters
Village of Origin
Character Name & Link
Rank
Notes/Other
[/td]
Kirigakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato
Jounin
Konohagakure No Sato