[Challenge #1] Enkouten, Mitsuo

Joined: April 28th, 2015, 3:14 am

August 16th, 2017, 6:08 am #1

The loud voice booms over the crowd, obviously a person hired from within the village who had trained ninjutsu enough to enhance his voice into a booming amplifier. Which rang out over all of the village, and more specifically into the challengers tent where they were allowed to converse, and listen for their names to be called for the challenge. As it beckoned for the challenger known as Takumi, the spokesperson awaited his arrival from the tent, of which upon seing him his voice boomed once again.

"PLEASE APPROACH THE STAND, AND SAY YOUR NAME YOUNG ONE!" As the spokesperson peered over his little round rimmed glasses, for someone with such a powerful bass of a voice, it was odd for his body to be disproportionate which made him look fragile. As he awaited the name as soon as the name was uttered a gong would boom in the distance, loud enough to shake the stands and trees however. "YOU MAY BEGIN YOUR FIRST CHALLENGE, 'THE HUNTER'S PLAY'!"

The field the competition was taking place would be 300x300 meters, and the buck would be somewhere in the field hidden, waiting for the competitors to take their prize. However not without a fight. There would be thick floods of trees, underbrush, bushes, and tall grass to pass before being able to identify the target. However all options were available to find the target. Depending on the efficiency of it would determine their score and reward derived from the challenge.
[+] Awai, Fanho
Awai Fanho
Hiton, Jikukan, Storage & Force Fuuin, Augment Fuuin, Charge Fuuin, Advanced Channeling
Konoha Smash
[/b]
Konohagakure No SatoJouninNin: 40 Tai: 20 Gen: 20 Stam: 40 Cont: 37 Streng: 30 Sped: 30 Inst: 20 Team 20
#TaylorSwiftReputation
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 26th, 2008, 4:26 am

August 23rd, 2017, 4:33 pm #2

Mitsuo wasn't entirely sure why he had entered into this event. While he had gone hunting with his family in the past, and had been fairly decent at it, his primary skill set didn't exactly play to the whole "stealth and tracking" concept that would be needed to track the buck in this competition. Still, though, he got to try something new, and there were supposed to be rewards of some kind, regardless of how well he did, so what was there to lose?

"Enkouten, Mitsuo!" He called out as he approached the field. It was a rather large area, full of trees and brush and grass, plenty of places for an animal to hide if it wanted to avoid him. Both the size and the cover would make his task infinitely more difficult as, again, his skill set didn't quite fit the task. I'm going to have to get creative, he thought to himself. He wondered what else would be hiding within the trees as well, figuring that there was bound to be more than just the buck.

With the sound of the gong signalling the start of the challenge, Mitsuo moved cautiously yet efficiently towards the forest, keeping an eye out for any movement in the trees and being careful not to step on anything that would make a sound; he may not be a skilled hunter, but he knew enough not to go stomping through the trees. For now, he was going to have to simply move into the forest and observe his surroundings and sort of make up his plan as he went along.
NameRankVillageTeam
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku
Enkouten, MitsuoSp. JouninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall
Quote
Like
Share

Zao
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 10:02 am

August 23rd, 2017, 9:05 pm #3

Not long after entering the thick section of starter forest the trees began to thin out a little giving the shinobi the ability to see for ten to fifteen meters now as the forest was filled with a variety of small birds that weaved back and forth through the scattered trees and bushes as they traveled back and forth from the ground to their nests in the trees. As he walked he would scare up a few rabbits and a single squirrel but as for any signs of a buck or deer in general their wasn't any so far. After about fifty meters in the man would stumble upon a small stream about ten meters wide and only a foot deep at the most with some small fish passing through swimming up and down stream and two green and blue frogs on the bank which he would reach first. On the far side of the bank was a series of foot prints of different animals that included foxes and deer, and their was one even larger set which looked like a bear print.
[+] Characters
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Retired Jounin
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Former Jounin/Civilian
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 26th, 2008, 4:26 am

August 26th, 2017, 9:00 pm #4

Mitsuo hadn't seen much in the way of clues as he slowly moved his way through the forest. While he hadn't expected much, really, he had secretly hoped that he would enter the forest and just HAPPEN to stumble across a buck within a few steps. A man can dream, he thought to himself. All he had managed to find so far were a variety of small animals ranging from squirrels to rabbits, none of which were going to help him.

He had been traveling a short time when he had heard it: There was moving water in the distance. Hastening his pace in the direction of the water, Mitsuo came across a wide, yet shallow stream that seemingly ran through quite a bit of the forest. Though he wasn't necessarily a master hunter, Mitsuo had hunted enough to know that bodies of water often attracted an array of animals and that the shores were often soft enough that said animals would leave footprints in the soil. He began searching the ground at the edge of the stream, searching for any tracks that could lead him to a deer or buck, but all he could seemingly find were prints that were far too small to be that of a deer or buck.

After a few moments of walking up and down the bank of the stream, Mitsuo contemplated his next move. He could continue moving down the river, but he was curious as to whether or not he would find any tracks on the other side of the river. Seeing no harm in checking, Mitsuo flowed chakra into his feet and began quickly moving across the water, reaching the other side of the stream shortly after. Before stepping off the river, Mitsuo looked down at the shoreline to be sure that he wouldn't step on any tracks that may be present. To his surprise, there seemed to be much more activity on this side of the bank than the other. While he, admittedly, wasn't trained to differentiate between different types of animal tracks, Mitsuo took educated guesses, based on the wildlife that he had already seen, at what animals had made the smaller tracks. As for the others, he had no doubt: There were definitely deer and bears in these woods and they liked to frequent this stream.

Mitsuo had to decide what he now wanted to do. He currently had evidence based on the hoof-like impressions in the ground that at least one deer frequented this river. He could lie in wait, setting a trap for the deer when it finally arrived, but it could be literal hours or days before it showed up. His other option was to attempt to follow the tracks, though he wasn't sure how far they would go. I could always come back, he thought to himself. Deciding to follow the tracks, Mitsuo slowly and carefully moved into the woods away from the stream, hoping to find the deer that had made the tracks.
NameRankVillageTeam
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku
Enkouten, MitsuoSp. JouninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall
Quote
Like
Share

Zao
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 10:02 am

August 26th, 2017, 9:39 pm #5

As the young Iwa shinobi continued to advance now moving across the water and back into the dense brush that lined the forest floor, following the tracks that could be found at the banks of the small stream he would hear a slight rustling of the foliage ahead. Though the current terrain of this forest made it hard to see anything over ten meters or so in front of ones self, one could definitely make out the sound of a decent sized create that was approaching his direction, most likely headed toward the water source the ninja had just came from. After a few moment Mitsuo would be able to determine that it wasn't to large of an animal before suddenly a small pile of brown fur popped out of the brush and rolled on the ground, seeming not to have a great grasp on traveling through such terrain. It stood about two and a half feet high and close to a meter in length already, it was a brown bear cub as it curiously looked at he human before, having never seen one before...
[+] Characters
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Retired Jounin
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Former Jounin/Civilian
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 26th, 2008, 4:26 am

August 27th, 2017, 9:24 pm #6

The appearance of the bear cub gave Mitsuo flashbacks. While it hadn't been a cub, Mitsuo's last experience with a bear hadn't exactly been....pleasant. He had had to essentially cover it in lave in order to escape from it. And while this was only a cub, Mitsuo knew full well that the mother bear was likely close by.

Intending to avoid contact with the bear cub at all costs, Mitsuo took to the trees, leaping into the air and landing on a nearby branch. While it would be difficult to see the tracks from the air, he knew the direction that the tracks had been headed in and, given the consistent direction they had previously headed, it was a safe bet that if he continued in the same direction, he would be able to pick up the trail again later. Unfortunately, he was going to have to safely get around the cub, and likely its mother, first.

Not wanting to waste any time, Mitsuo began moving through the trees, hopping from branch to branch, keeping a careful eye on the bear cub and the surrounding area as he passed through, following what he hoped was the same trail as before.
NameRankVillageTeam
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku
Enkouten, MitsuoSp. JouninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall
Quote
Like
Share

Zao
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 10:02 am

August 28th, 2017, 9:30 pm #7

The young cub cpuld be heard pitifully whining after the shinobi left just lounge ths as it tries to follow but was unable to keep up with the humans speed and tree hopping abilities. As for Mitsou, the trail was indeed more difficult to follow but the ninja appeared to still be on the right track as the trees and brush were starting to thin out a bit signaling tgat a clearing should be up ahead in this direction. In the clearing was a few doe (female deer) and a few small buck but nothing was trophy worth by any means as they were simply grazing on the sweet grass thay grew in this food plot.
[+] Characters
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Retired Jounin
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Former Jounin/Civilian
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 26th, 2008, 4:26 am

September 4th, 2017, 2:56 pm #8

Mitsuo ignored the whining of the bear cub as he moved on from the area. No matter how sad and pitiful it sounded, he was not stopping. He had been attacked by a bear before and he had no intention of sticking around to get attacked by the mother bear now.

As he had predicted, it was hard for Mitsuo to continue following the tracks from the trees. There were several times that he thought he had lost the trail before he happened to spot the tracks once more and adjusted his path. As he moved through the trees, he began to notice the trees thinning out in the area up ahead as they began to open up into a clearing of sorts.

Stopping at the treeline, Mitsuo looked out into the clearing and took note of the doe and young buck that grazed the grass in the area. While he was excited to have found them, he realized that none of the creatures would be satisfactory prizes for this event. This left him with two options: He could continue on and search the surrounding area, or he could lie in wait in the hopes that a larger buck would soon appear. Both options assumed that a larger buck would be in the area, which he couldn't be sure of, but it would be odd if these doe and young buck didn't have a larger buck in the area with them.

Mitsuo slowly moved through the trees surrounding the clearing, trying to get a better position. In his mind he knew that he was never going to be able to find a distinct set of tracks that would belong to an adult buck and not one of these smaller animals. As such, he decided to lie in wait, hoping a larger buck would eventually show.
NameRankVillageTeam
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku
Enkouten, MitsuoSp. JouninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall
Quote
Like
Share

Zao
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 10:02 am

September 4th, 2017, 3:54 pm #9

Just then it off the left corner of the shinobi's bison sombre movement could be scene, waiting was definitely the correct decision now as from the distant tree line a tall set of antlers tgat could only belong to a trophy buck could be seen approaching the clearing and the other deer. The smaller bucks lifted their heads and sniffed the air smelling the approaching bucks musk and it caused their hair to stand up along their back. With a superior buck approaching the others didn't even attempt to defend they're current claims and bounded away with their white tails high.

A few moments later the massive buck the was over two metres tall and close to three meters in length stepped out from the thick foliage, some of which was still clinging to its massive rack. It seemed to just begin casually grazing as it entered the clearing now as it slowly migrated over toward the doe in the center...
[+] Characters
Yami Kasai - Kiri's Black Reaper - Retired Jounin
Saisuko Zao - Suna's Archeologist - Former Jounin/Civilian
Sato - Dragon Country C-Rank
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 26th, 2008, 4:26 am

September 25th, 2017, 3:00 pm #10

Seeing the large buck approach the field made Mitsuo glad that he had decided to wait. Had he tried to disrupt the group of animals that had been in the field previously, the buck likely would have never shown itself and would have instead retreated to a different area. Now that it was here, however, he was going to have to capture it. Keeping an eye on the large buck, Mitsuo slowly made his way along the edge of the clearing, trying to position himself closer to the prize animal. He took every precaution that he could think of in order to make as little a disturbance as possible while moving as he didn't want to alert the animal to his presence.

Once in position as close as he could get, Mitsuo burst from the trees, moving at a fast pace while performing handseals. Leaping through the air, Mitsuo struck the ground with his fist as he landed, flooding the area with chakra. In front of him, the ground suddenly burst open as three large chained swords launched from the ground towards the buck. From this range, the blades would likely be able to close the distance in seconds, giving the buck very little time to react. The blades would then begin to wrap around the buck itself, binding it in place, before sinking themselves into the animal's flesh.
[+] Jutsu
*Kouton • Lock Down
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will kneel down and place their hands on the ground. Then, three chains with 50cm long blades at the end will burst from the ground toward a target at 20 speed. They will bind the target with 20 strength and attempt to either stake them into the ground or impale them upon the blades in the end of the chains. These chains remain taut and strong for 5 posts.
NameRankVillageTeam
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku
Enkouten, MitsuoSp. JouninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall
Quote
Like
Share