Pets are the first type of companion. These are real life animals that are trained to be ninja pets. There can be some minor changes and aesthetic improvements, but for the most part they need to be realistic.
There are some other restrictions on pets, as that they are real animals.
- Pets cannot speak normal human languages. They are limited to body language, rather than talking, though most shinobi pets will have a comprehensive understanding of the owners planning and guidance, and able to follow complex instructions to a T.
- Pets are not able to use jutsu independently. The owner of the pet must do the hand seals for the pet, in order to help the pet mold the needed chakra to use the jutsu. Consequently, pets are limited to elements that must be shared with their owners.
- Pets are real animals, they may be custom species that are reasonable variations of existing animals, such as unique dog breeds, a new type of bird, or something to that effect. These species must be reasonable in existing, which is always at the discretion of the staff as to what falls within the parameters of reasonable.
Pets are able to start the the following stats and points to spend on jutsu:
|Rank||Stats||Jutsu Points||Equipment Points|
In order to register a pet, you will post it in the registry, the template is available [Here
]. The pet will be accepted, but will not be added to your application until you complete the following requirements, based on the pets rank:
|C Rank||D-ranked Plot Board|
|B Rank||C-ranked Plot Board|
|A Rank||B-ranked Plot Board|
Once you complete the payment, the mod who closes the Plot Board will add the pet to your character sheet.
In character, long term exposure to chakra affects animal physiology. Out of character, what this means is that beyond a certain Stamina stat, pets are required to be of a certain size. However, we don't need literal house-sized flies running around the RP as well and we still want pets to retain a certain sense of realism that differentiates them from spirits, which means there need to be size ceilings as well.
Rather than trying to specify the rules for every type of animal, the stamina stat simply dictates the generalizations for pets. The species size column is how big a normal animal of that species is. The Stamina column determines what stamina range that effects the pets size, and the size ceiling is the absolute maximum size that animal is allowed to become at the top stamina point.
|Species Size||Stamina||Size Ceiling
|Smaller than an average dog||1-20||Large Dog sized
|Smaller than an average human||21-35||Horse sized
|Larger than a human||36-50||Roughly twice its average size|
What this means is that if you have an small bird as a pet at with more than 15 stamina, it's required to have dimensions similar to that of a dog (several feet tall/long and/or weighing anywhere in the ballpark of 30-40 pounds). All pets cannot have a stamina stat that is lower than the minimum stamina listed for their size range. So while a baby tiger may have only 3 stamina, when its full grown it would be required to increase the stamina stat even if the owner didn't want to.
This is especially relevant to species being used as mounts, because while it opens up some interesting possibilities, it still limits mounts to species whose original size is comparable to that of a dog.
Below are a few general rules for pets:
- All pets, much like shinobi are limited to the 30m ceiling for flight. This means that they must be accessible at 30m. If a pet is 10m tall, they would still be able to fly up to 20m high, so long as their lowest point is below that 30m ceiling.
- Pets can travel as far as their owners [Control x2] in meters, and still be able to have their owner do hand seals for them (though obvious communication logistics must be in place)
- Pets that can be ridden and can also fly must be A-rank minimum. Otherwise they cannot be ridden while flying.
- Pets that are ridden apply a stat debuff to the person riding equal to the difference in speed, to the highest X-Jutsu stat.
- Pets have a maximum stat total of 250
- The max a pet can have a stat at is 45 unless it is the specific one chosen to be 50.
- While pets do not have the ability to utilize specializations, pets do gain the ability to have at least 1 stat at 50.
- In regards to taijutsu concentrations, things a pet or animal is naturally capable of are not required. For example, a dog wouldn't need [Perception] for smell-based techniques stuff because have strong noses, it'd be tied closer to their instinct stat. Keep in mind custom concentrations can be made for pets as pet physiology doesn't exactly match that of humans.