Moderators: rebelpimp, Judge Elihu Smails, BigLeagueChew, Rebels7, queencity420, MiloDanglers, tcreb

Joined: 1:55 AM - Feb 12, 2008

9:49 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #21

TBagger wrote: I actually think it might have been worse if Freeze were here. He would be doubling down on the stupidity of Longo. 

I am pissed that Freeze didn't have to own the shitshow though.
I disagree on the Longo comment because Freeze's hubris would not have let Longo call plays for very long-o. I did not believe that Longo would make any meaningful contributions to the offense. 

The best thing for us is that Freeze resigned before a season that didn't mean shit. Hopefully the NCAA won't hammer us, and we can hire someone decent.
Chris Wallace: "They say that Shepard Smith is like a landmark there (Oxford). It's Eli Manning and Shepard Smith."

Shepard Smith: "Yea. There's a statue to me right there at the end of the bar."
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 9:12 AM - Feb 26, 2008

9:50 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #22

Zv2 wrote:
TBagger wrote: I actually think it might have been worse if Freeze were here. He would be doubling down on the stupidity of Longo. 

I am pissed that Freeze didn't have to own the shitshow though.
I'm afraid you're right and short of a multi-year show cause, we'd be stuck with him for at least another year.    
The way Bjork and Vitter were talking, they were standing with Freeze regardless of the NCAA's decision. So I guess Nutt did us a $16 million favor.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 3:40 PM - Dec 28, 2015

10:13 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #23

Legal team’s work? He didn’t have to litigate crap. His p.i. Is who you need to compliment. This had zilch to do with legal prowess and everything to do with muckraking.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 1:09 PM - May 03, 2013

10:17 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #24

MemphisStatefandotSPEDSdotfart wrote: Legal team’s work? He didn’t have to litigate crap. His p.i. Is who you need to compliment. This had zilch to do with legal prowess and everything to do with muckraking.
Turning every stone is part of litigating, my dude. 
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 3:40 PM - Dec 28, 2015

10:29 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #25

wes tegg wrote:
MemphisStatefandotSPEDSdotfart wrote: Legal team’s work? He didn’t have to litigate crap. His p.i. Is who you need to compliment. This had zilch to do with legal prowess and everything to do with muckraking.
Turning every stone is part of litigating, my dude. 
Sure, Wright, but he didn’t turn any stones to the actual facts of his claims. He turned side stones to bully UM. That’s not some brilliant lawyering. Anyone who can hire a good PI can blackmail somebody. Escorts weren’t in the complaint. We are talking about a guy who’s best legal team member is Steve Robertson.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 1:09 PM - May 03, 2013

10:36 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #26

MemphisStatefandotSPEDSdotfart wrote:
wes tegg wrote:
MemphisStatefandotSPEDSdotfart wrote: Legal team’s work? He didn’t have to litigate crap. His p.i. Is who you need to compliment. This had zilch to do with legal prowess and everything to do with muckraking.
Turning every stone is part of litigating, my dude. 
Sure, Wright, but he didn’t turn any stones to the actual facts of his claims. He turned side stones to bully UM. That’s not some brilliant lawyering. Anyone who can hire a good PI can blackmail somebody. Escorts weren’t in the complaint. We are talking about a guy who’s best legal team member is Steve Robertson.
I'm just giving credit where I think it's due. Weird hill for you to die on, but have at it. 
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 3:40 PM - Dec 28, 2015

10:40 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #27

Mars is an incompetent piece of shit who says bizarre shit in the press and just ripped off his far dumber client do who knows how much in legal fees to get an apology. He first filed a suit in emerald court that he later pretended he know would be dismissed. Then filed another that UM settled just rather than fool with it Mars’s brand of side-crazy. He has zero legal competence but plenty of hutzpah for unrelated bullshit.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 3:40 PM - Dec 28, 2015

10:41 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #28

Or federal court, but emerald court sounds fun.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 3:40 PM - Dec 28, 2015

10:42 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #29

If he’s such a badass lawyer, why did he months ago realize how shitty his case was to the point he changed from wanting money to asking for just an apology?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: 1:09 PM - May 03, 2013

10:46 AM - Oct 17, 2017 #30

MemphisStatefandotSPEDSdotfart wrote: Mars is an incompetent piece of shit who says bizarre shit in the press and just ripped off his far dumber client do who knows how much in legal fees to get an apology. He first filed a suit in emerald court that he later pretended he know would be dismissed. Then filed another that UM settled just rather than fool with it Mars’s brand of side-crazy. He has zero legal competence but plenty of hutzpah for unrelated bullshit.
How does one get admitted to emerald court?
Last edited by wes tegg on 10:49 AM - Oct 17, 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share