I am NOT, repeat............NOT

9:59 PM - Jan 13, 2009 #1

trying to start anything but to me this is just plain outright going over the top as far as rules/regulations are concerned!!!!!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/170229/m ... AUL-%24130
This person was actually told that if he did not stop using CAPS in his header that his trading privileges would be suspended!!!
How petty can you get???

10:48 PM - Jan 13, 2009 #2

to desist. I guess if you keep flouting the rules, as petty as you may think they are, the moderator has the option of suspending you.

1:47 AM - Jan 14, 2009 #3

To continue to break rules of the forum which are clearly stated, deserves a suspension. Now as to the rule, that's another story and everyone has their own opinion on certain rules. But if everyone knows the rules, why should some be able to break the rules while others follow them?

Todd.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

1:50 AM - Jan 14, 2009 #4

trying to start anything but to me this is just plain outright going over the top as far as rules/regulations are concerned!!!!!

This person was actually told that if he did not stop using CAPS in his header that his trading privileges would be suspended!!!
How petty can you get???
forum rules exist for a reason (and on a sales forum toeven the playing field for all participants). the first couple of times you mess up, it's easy to chalk it up to being a noob. If you've been warned then there really isn't much of an excuse other than you are choosing to intentionally disregard the moderator's request. Where is the problem?

GO HOKIES

1:55 AM - Jan 14, 2009 #5

after all....... what possible difference could it make if a person put an AD up in CAPS?? Think about it Gabe! You are correct... rules are rules but that's just pushing it too far! It's no wonder folks have left that Forum with rules like that!
I just went back to read the Trading Guidelines and saw NO mention that CAPS could not be used when advertizing!
Last edited by time_watcher on 1:58 AM - Jan 14, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

2:33 AM - Jan 14, 2009 #6

If the mods have asked him to stop, then he should still stop.

Todd.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

2:50 AM - Jan 14, 2009 #7

but it IS possible that I somehow missed it or it may have been in small print!
I agree again that the rules are the rules but I just think it seemed silly.
Oh well..... I guess I should never have brought it up!
Sorry for causing any problems for anyone!

3:49 PM - Jan 14, 2009 #8

not sure where it went. It was written along with not using windings and other symbols. the idea behind it is that when people add windings, exclamations and other symbols (including all caps), they make it difficult for readers to see the other posts (it's distracting). Also doing so tends to draw attention to those posts, often at the expense of others. since this is a trading forum for collectors and not professional sellers, the idea is for everyone to have an equal and comfortable playing field in which to trade their pieces. Most sales forums in most sites actually ask sellers not to post in that manner for much the same reason.

It's not petty at all. it's actually very practical.

GO HOKIES

3:51 PM - Jan 14, 2009 #9

How petty can you get???
No matter how petty they may seem to someone the rules are still there to be followed. They may seem ridiculous, but they are the rules on that playground. To side with the mods, if you continue to break the rules, no matter how petty they may seem, you have to pay the price. That being said, let's move on there is nothing more to see here folks. I hate to do this, but I'm locking this so we can move along.

Mike
Moderating Team
Last edited by OldHippie1968 on 3:52 PM - Jan 14, 2009, edited 1 time in total.