Daughter Of The Forest Cast

Chat about politics, nature, books and everything you want to.

Daughter Of The Forest Cast

Mariposa
Tuatha De
Mariposa
Tuatha De

05 Feb 2007, 13:31 #1

As Juliet said some time ago, the rights for making a movie about the first book of the Sevenwaters Trilogy have already been sold. Still, it can take ages for us to see the final product at the movies...

Anyway, imagine you're the one directing/produzing this film. Who would you cast for the main roles? I know we're been discussing this in another topic, but here I meant to develop it further.

Who would be Sorcha? And Red? What about the bad guys? Tell us everything!

Jen
Tuatha De
Jen
Tuatha De

20 May 2007, 15:00 #2

aaaaaww... :wub: well...I think I said it once before somewhere else, but where it goes, I would vote for unknown, extremely talented faces for both of the major roles, if it had to be famous ones, my Sorcha would be Natalie Portman, because she's painfully gourgeous, has such a sweet face, and most important, always looks a lot fragile to me, but only looks it; I can't think of a perfect Red...maybe the latest Superman...Brandon Routh, he has this manly beautiful face, a jaw like iron, like he could close his mouth for months and keep from smiling even if someone paid him too, very Redish :p

saleha
Criatura da Floresta
saleha
Criatura da Floresta

18 Jul 2007, 17:06 #3

hi all been having trouble logging on, but I'm here now!!
Miranda Richardson for Oonagh. She is such a versatile actress - see her in Merlin starring sam neill as merlin and MR as queen mab and the lady of the lake, she does evil good!!!

Kiwi reader
Tuatha De

19 Jul 2007, 07:29 #4

Hi Saleha, great to "see" you back.

Andrómaca
Mercenário
Andrómaca
Mercenário

20 Jul 2007, 20:53 #5

I've always pictured Matthew Bomer as John, don't ask me why! I just looked into those eyes and thought of John

About the other characters, I don't think I've ever found an actor that could be the way I pictured them.

With the lights out it's less dangerous

Jen
Tuatha De
Jen
Tuatha De

21 Sep 2007, 13:48 #6

I was watching "Gilmore Girls" the other day, and I guess it's one of the latest seasons because this girl is more beautifull then ever, and I imediatly thought she would made a very gourgeous Sorcha, because she as this bright eyes, very feline :blackcat: :D and she's also very tiny, I couldn't believe she's 26...looks 18 :blink: her name is Alexis Bledel

cat cafë
Druida

21 Sep 2007, 17:19 #7

Rory!!! <3 <3 :D
Her eyes are just sooo beautiful. You can't look at her without staring at her eyes.
But Sorcha has green eyes. I don't think she would fit into the caracter

Jen
Tuatha De
Jen
Tuatha De

21 Sep 2007, 21:11 #8

yeap :happy: but lots of times a caracter who has green eyes is played by someone with blue ones or vice versa, and with proper lightning they could look green :p oh well opinions :D but Rory is very sweet anyway :yes:

Mariposa
Tuatha De
Mariposa
Tuatha De

24 Sep 2007, 11:01 #9

I don't really think that, if they made a movie based on the Sevenwaters characters, the eye colours would be too important. It would be nice to see, of course, but I guess there are much more things on the stories that matter a lot more than the eye colours... :p

cat cafë
Druida

09 Nov 2007, 21:08 #10

There's always contact lens :lolada:

ps- but they didnt used them in harry potter movies, daniel radcliff's eyes ar blue, but potter's are greeen!!! (like lilly's!!) :cry:

algelic
Mercenário
algelic
Mercenário

10 Nov 2007, 00:13 #11

Wow. You really have different "people" in mind when you think of these characters. I couldn't agree with any of you... only the person who suggested Miranda Richardson.

Here are some actors I can associate with characters. Not just from book 1 of sevenwaters, but all 3 books.

Miranda Richarson as Lady Oonagh.

Rachel Hurd Wood as Niamh (or even Fainne!).

Wentworth Miller as Bran (even if he is a tad too old, maybe).

Vincent Kartheiser as Finbar (or Padriac...).

Tell me what you think.

wise_woman
Pele-de-Lobo
wise_woman
Pele-de-Lobo

13 Nov 2007, 12:13 #12

Wentworth Miller is too good-looking for Bran. He would be great in another role, though. Maybe we can find a part for Dominic Purcell too! I love them both. We might have to imagine them in a movie of WOLFSKIN.

I have a role for Wentworth Miller in HEIR TO SEVENWATERS. Not the hero.

It's rather difficult to cast DOTF because so many of the main characters are so young. I always saw Kate Winslet (aged about 17) as Niamh.

Lady Oonagh needs to look young and gorgeous, not too witchy - after all, she charms Lord Colum with her beauty!

algelic
Mercenário
algelic
Mercenário

13 Nov 2007, 13:20 #13

Ahah. I love Wentworth Miller. Ever since I saw him in that Hallmark movie "Dinotopia". :bigeyes: Those eyes!

I don't really have a defined image of Bran, really. I think any man could play him as long as he had mesmerizing eyes. :bigeyes:

Oh well... each reader has his own mental image of each character. It's impossible to find an actor and put enough make up on him to satisfy the whole audience.

cat cafë
Druida

13 Nov 2007, 21:39 #14

I think if the author herself aproved of the cast most of the readers would be fine with them. We all know authors are often overruled.... :whistle:

But now that you mentioned it, Kate Winslet would be a indeed a perfect Niamh... And I can imagine a young and insecure Fainne played by Bryce Dallas Howard

Please lets stop talking about Wenthorth Miller :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :lolada:
I guess Juliet's right, he's to good looking for Bran, but in movies I've seen very handsome boys or girls turned ugly, or at least not so good-looking. And Dominic Purcell would be just perfect for one of the Painted Man's band. :yes:

algelic
Mercenário
algelic
Mercenário

14 Nov 2007, 06:32 #15

Maybe Wentworth could play Simon? LOL oh well :bigeyes: it doesn't hurt to dream

We should find a role for Gabriel Byrne. He's such an amazing actor. xD
I think he'd make a great Lord Colum.

Gerard Butler could be John (Bran's father).