Gatekeeper

Jürgen
Lop-eared Delinquent
Lop-eared Delinquent
Jürgen
Lop-eared Delinquent
Lop-eared Delinquent

September 25th, 2008, 7:11 am #1

Just out of curiosity- will the new album be released on siesta ? - Is there a release date yet?

bid
Choose your own title - contact Bid
bid

September 25th, 2008, 11:40 am #2

Yes, Siesta 244, and will be released around mid-October, I think.

I should have copies before the first London gig to sell. I'll put it on the site soon...

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

October 17th, 2008, 10:13 pm #3

bid wrote: I should have copies before the first London gig to sell. I'll put it on the site soon...
It's on! Fantastico!

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

October 18th, 2008, 2:50 pm #4

I think it is the best album yet - favourite tracks are I am a Canvas, My Little Doll, Golden, It is, Beautiful (that's one track with an interesting arrangement of commas), and My Heart is Leaping.

I agree with Hogsy about the artwork - I love the gauzy pattern on the wings. In fact I wouldn't mind a blouse in that fabric, if the shop could possibly oblige (Size 10, please - petite if you've got it)!

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

October 18th, 2008, 4:53 pm #5

M's M wrote: I think it is the best album yet -
Yes, I'm scared to start gushing about it in case I can't stop. I also like 'This Is The Story of my Life' a lot. It even has a line about knitting! My favourite tracks keep changing - I also get like that with Scarlet's Well albums - maybe it's because they are all so rich that you can discover new bits with each listen.

bid
bid

October 18th, 2008, 8:10 pm #6

As usual, there are two old ones on this album.

"My Little Doll" was written in 1977, along with the earliest Monochrome Set songs, like He's Frank and Goodbye Joe. It originally know as "Vespas", and the lyrics have been re-written.

"Piepentube" was written circa 1982-1983, I think, but was never completed, and never had lyrics. Actually, I think it would fit in quite well with the Eligible Bachelors album.

Of course, I write songs all the time which I decide aren't ready, and place them, rolled up and wrapped in a red ribbon, in a cellar which is tended by a grumpy hunchback.

Falhawk
Diabolic Silhouette
Diabolic Silhouette
Falhawk
Diabolic Silhouette
Diabolic Silhouette

October 18th, 2008, 11:21 pm #7

<strike>I'm being stupid probably, but I can't find it on the Siesta website? I needs a copy!</strike> oh OK I was being stupid, didn't notice it was in the shop HERE...

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

October 18th, 2008, 11:44 pm #8

M's M wrote: I agree with Hogsy about the artwork - I love the gauzy pattern on the wings. In fact I wouldn't mind a blouse in that fabric, if the shop could possibly oblige
If the shop is going down that road can I book a outfits made of the artwork for each song please? The bat would do me for Halloween, the deer is very sweet and I also like the Indian with the bow and arrow - she is cool. Gauzy wings excellent as well of course.

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

October 18th, 2008, 11:49 pm #9

SeaUrchin wrote: I also like 'This Is The Story of my Life' a lot.  It even has a line about knitting!
Indeed it does, and the knitters don't come out of it at all well, as I recall - at least, not the ones making woollen garments!

Swelly
Defrocked Priest
Defrocked Priest
Swelly
Defrocked Priest
Defrocked Priest

October 20th, 2008, 10:22 pm #10

Just placed an order for the album to the forum shop (thanks for the tip M's M! ^_^ ). Hope to have it in time to warm up a little with the new songs before the gig at Turku, Finland in two weeks.