Moderator: JaneB

SeaUrchin
Choose your own title - contact Bid
SeaUrchin

November 17th, 2008, 7:35 pm #21

Falhawk wrote: There's some pictures here, some of them are a bit blurry, I think the floor must have been moving around a bit.
http://gallery.me.com/falhawk#100133
The pictures capture the atmospheric quality of the gig perfectly. Things were blurred quite often that night! Rabbits! Warrens! Then there was all that heat to cope with too.

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

November 17th, 2008, 7:39 pm #22

Ooh thanks, SU, for writing a proper review - I was hoping someone would get there first, as I am still in a fairly delicate state, partly due to driving hundreds of miles today and partly because of burning my already cut lip yesterday on an erratically microwaved Cornish pastie with unexpected hot spots. I blame my sudden need for comfort food on Virgin Rail making me take a bus between Milton Keynes and Birmingham.

Glad you mentioned the heat - it was uncharacteristically sweltering for once. Often I never take my coat off and dodge cold spots(!) from the air con.

The only thing I can add really is that Sian was wearing T-bar shoes, while Helena's shoes looked like an extension of her feet, if indeed she was wearing any. And if I may just make a couple of minor points of correction, I think Helena's dress was uniformly grey but had a lot of textural interest, while Deb's top had black and white stripes (she wears it quite a lot to gigs), though her neckerchief was definitely red.

As noted elsewhere, we await with special interest future outfit choices by the Love Zombie.

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

November 17th, 2008, 7:43 pm #23

Great avatar, FH!

November 17th, 2008, 10:52 pm #24

Guest wrote:
SeaUrchin wrote: It was amusing to join Ms M on her quest for the Love Zombie - we both approached Tony Potts
I'm still mildly confused, did anyone find Warren? Perhaps the rabbits bolted down him, only to find them flooded. :D
''WHO'S THAT MAN?''
''WHO'S THAT MAN?''
''I'VE NO IDEA.''
''WHO'S THAT MAN?''

Falhawk
Diabolic Silhouette
Diabolic Silhouette
Falhawk
Diabolic Silhouette
Diabolic Silhouette

November 18th, 2008, 9:42 am #25

M's M wrote: an erratically microwaved Cornish pastie with unexpected hot spots.
I think I saw that on the weather forecast :D

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

November 18th, 2008, 9:57 am #26

LOL!!!

Now several of us have mentioned the great sound quality, but there was actually excellent visual quality too, on account of the various TV monitors both in the room where the gig was held and outside in the bar. We are not quite talking Jumbatrons a la Live Aid, but these screens enabled people having a quiet drink outside to be sure of not missing the start of the band they were interested in. It was also helpful for anyone stuck behind a tall person and unable to see the stage - there was probably a helpfully positioned TV monitor somewhere nearby. I was fortunate as young Alan Rickman allowed me to stand in front of him on account of the compelling height differential.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Alice was wearing black patent peep-toe shoes. If I keep going on much more in this vein, you could be forgiven for thinking the band is called START-RITE'S WELL.

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

November 18th, 2008, 10:17 am #27

M's M wrote:Deb's top had black and white stripes (she wears it quite a lot to gigs), though her neckerchief was definitely red.
Most definately red ... see attached photo

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

November 18th, 2008, 10:19 am #28

Where was the young Alan Rickman by the way? Was he really tall?
swell_reduced_1.jpg

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

November 18th, 2008, 11:10 am #29

SeaUrchin wrote: Most definately red ... see attached photo
I stand corrected - that is incontrovertibly red, as you say. I will have to find out if she also has a black one I may be remembering from other gigs and have transposed on to her torso on this occasion, like those Cut out and Keep Bunty figures with paper outfits and little foldy-down tab things!

Speaking of Deb, her bumping and grinding moves added a certain something to her bass playing, I thought. As bass players go, she was getting on down and grooving all right.

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

November 18th, 2008, 11:12 am #30

SeaUrchin wrote: Where was the young Alan Rickman by the way? Was he really tall?
He was centre right, behind me, and appreciably taller, without being as gigantic as David Shrigley, say, whose head grazed the ceiling of the venue in Berlin last year.