Moderator: JaneB

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

January 3rd, 2009, 11:42 am #21

I had no problems figuring out the time, just staying up that late. So sorry to miss it.

SeaUrchin
Choose your own title - contact Bid
SeaUrchin

January 3rd, 2009, 8:29 pm #22

Hogfysshe wrote: Here's a world clock, customized for Sea Urchins
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/p ... 805,136,78
Why thank you dear Hogfysshe. It will be very useful for future listening. Almost embarassed to confess that I also fell asleep before it came on. Not myself at all these days. Was it good? Will it be repeated?

TKA
Bilge Pumper
Bilge Pumper
TKA
Bilge Pumper
Bilge Pumper

January 4th, 2009, 6:37 pm #23

The Friday show and all but the first couple minutes of Thursday's are now available at wcrsfm.org for listening at the listener's leisure. Just go to either the website's "Listen" or "Programs" page, click "Yesterday's Top Secrets" along the left margin, click "Listen to this program", and then click "Download audio file" for whichever one of them you want. The downloading process takes a minute or two, and then things begin.

I'm trying to get 100% of the Thursday show uploaded instead of 97%, so maybe it will be soon. I'll also trying to ensure that all of the remaining eight Monochrome-Set-as-featured-artist episodes will be similarly archived on the Web, but I can't guarantee that as of yet.

Hogfysshe, thanks for the song and band details. Yes, I'm well acquainted with "Why" by The Byrds; in fact, it's quite likely that this song will be played on "Secrets" a couple of months from now, when The Byrds and The Birthday Party are our two featured artists. (In case some of you haven't noticed, I'm very big on alliteration when it comes to making these band pairings, as first-letter similarities are a crucial part of the featured artist concept being able to work properly.) (Okay, that's it; this guy is nuts-Ed.)

Hogfysshe
Hogfysshe

January 4th, 2009, 6:57 pm #24

Nice Who and Doors tracks, Friday. "Glow Girl" is a good representative of the lesser known side of The Who. Tim, you may be one of the few who know "Our Love Was," which is probably my favorite Who song. I don't think even the Who gave that song much of a second thought.

TKA
Bilge Pumper
Bilge Pumper
TKA
Bilge Pumper
Bilge Pumper

January 4th, 2009, 8:50 pm #25

Yeah, "Our Love Was" is from The Who Sell Out, the CD of which includes "Glow Girl" as a bonus cut. Pretty good song you got there, Mr. H, pretty good song! In addition to "Glow Girl", I've played "Run Run Run", "Call Me Lightning", and "In The City" on past "Secrets". The feature pairing that involves the band is going to be The Who and Husker Du, but it probably won't happen for a while. I know, I know, no alliteration there -- but it's a good rhyme. Rolling Stones and Ramones had both. I don't know which shows 'CRS is going to be repeating tomorrow and Tuesday, but I don't care -- they're all classics, in my humble opinion!

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

January 5th, 2009, 6:59 pm #26

Great! Managed to download both episodes and am now listening to them in the wrong order. Good to hear Swell Maps again and I'm liking the Mamas / Monochrome conversations.

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Macaw Mucker
Macaw Mucker
THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Macaw Mucker
Macaw Mucker

January 8th, 2009, 2:43 am #27

SeaUrchin wrote: Great! Managed to download both episodes and am now listening to them in the wrong order. Good to hear Swell Maps again and I'm liking the Mamas / Monochrome conversations.
Dear S.U.,
I believe congratulations are in order on the occasion of your 500th contribution to the forum! I'm not sure whether this confers any special embellishment to your status herein, but I just want you to know the Milky Bars are on me and the Moet's on M's M !!!
Cheers,
TLZ

SeaUrchin
SeaUrchin

January 8th, 2009, 12:54 pm #28

Yes, I'm still trying to think of a title ... not very good at pinning down names. Think I am in need of milky bars and moet to help me think.

Actually I have a quarter of a bottle of TVX blue (chep version of WKD) on my desk at work. It looks a little like Blue Forgetful but probably a bit too tacky. I've been drinking it in tablespoons as medicine because I've finally succumbed to the dreaded lurgey.

Falhawk
Diabolic Silhouette
Diabolic Silhouette
Falhawk
Diabolic Silhouette
Diabolic Silhouette

January 8th, 2009, 1:33 pm #29

Argh, good luck with that lurgey, it's a humdinger. I recommend Pavacol-D and cocktails of Solpadeine and Berocca. x

C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts
C's M
1000 posts
1000 posts

January 8th, 2009, 3:42 pm #30

Oh no, SU, not you too! This cannot technically be my lurgy, on account of the time lag, but goodness knows there are enough carriers stalking the January sales - and I don't mean bags. Or maybe I do?

I still have the remains of mine - sore throat and even night sweats - though the cough from hell is gone. Berocca sounds like one of those voguish dances where people wrongly think they will pull. I got by on paracetamol, Strepsils and Ribena, but looking back I could have done with the pharmaceutical big guns, like Solpadeine et al. Cashiers used to have to put their hands up when they sold that to you, even the ones over 18.

Tonight the vegetarian M's Dad is out, so I am having a delayed Christmas meal for one - poussin, bacon, sausages, sprouts etc. Any carnivorous members cruising the M6 are welcome to join me, but looking at the diminutive size of this bird, don't all rush up...

Now, if SU struggles to come up with a name for herself, we could always hold a poll, as per the puppies!

GET WELL SOON!!