Deleting or Optional Team races

JUN+SEN together - ok or not?
2-3 people, max 3 boats, can they have mechanic/start helper (jun/sen)?
How many teams per country should be allowed (to save time)?

Deleting or Optional Team races

August 10th, 2016, 2:06 pm #1

As an organizer I would say that team runs are timefeeders. +2h on each day in case of it's not more then 6 teams in each classes. I know it's a good game to play, but I think it would be better to make them opcional at organizing. (More money to organizer vs. need more time to organize)

From the other side of the question: The best 5 racer would come from each country. Do every nation run Teams in their own National Championship? Which teams are the best 5? Teams are formed at the races mainly, so you cannot count with them before the event.

August 31st, 2016, 1:55 pm #2

We run team Mono1 at the UK Nationals, I think team ECO is on the books too but it has not run in recent history.  There is little interest in the submerged drive classes here at the moment, we didn't have 3 boats enter to even run the regular ECO expert or mini ECO classes at this year's UK nationals.

August 31st, 2016, 6:10 pm #3

Probably the best idea for time saving is to have maximum one team per country. The team event is still very important for a lot of the participants, so limiting to one team is still better than deleting the event...

Cornel