Moderator: MRW Digest

Writing for The Digest

colinpeake
Director

December 2nd, 2008, 10:28 am #1

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the lack of a Digest since September and lack of explanation. Not only has the forum undergone extensive work, but I have not been able to devote time to writing anything of the quality which I would like to see in a Digest.

As Digest Editor I cannot not write something new every four weeks based on my own experiences - I simply do not have the stories to tell, as I am limited by various factors as to where I get to visit, and I'm very concious of a creeping bias towards Northern 15" gauge railways...

In the future it is likely that the Digest will not be a monthly publication but an occassional series of articles, perhaps 6/7 a year.

How can you help?

What any Editor needs is a selection of material to publish, this could be:
  • Research findings,
  • A description of a series of interesting visits you have made,
  • Construction and design,
  • Operational aspects.

What do we need?

Don't worry if you aren't the world's greatest wordsmith (I'm certainly not), we can usually tidy things up for our audience. On average a typical main Digest feature is roughly 2 pages of A4 (at 12 point text size) and 6/7 pictures with permission from the copyright holder to publish online.

What do I do next?

If you are interested in contributing a Digest feature, please send me a PM! We are especially interested in hearing about subjects in the South of the UK and on smaller gauges, but will consider anything related to miniature railways that will be suited to a wider audience.

Don't forget - the Digest needs your contribution of words and pictures to continue!

Colin
Colin Peake
MRW Digest Editor

My blog: O9 Modeller