Locomotive scrap book

DavidColley
Operations Manager
DavidColley
Operations Manager

August 26th, 2006, 6:24 am #1

Just thought it would be a fun idea if we all shared our locomotives, whether they be for garden, private, or commercial use. It's always interesting to see the differences in the type and sizes in use around the country...
So here goes, the first entry is by myself with a few side shots taken at our last "fun day"

This is Smokey Joe, our number one engine. A 5/8th scale Bagnall designed to work in the Turkish mines...

This is Pet, based on the infamous Kerr Stuart Wren, a small contractors locomotive

This is Lottie, a 5/8th scale lister railtruck. Although since this photo was taken, we have repainted her a darker green, and she has the weights between the axles to hide the lay shaft.

Here you can see Anne in the station, waiting to take another train down our half mile of track. Anne is based on a small loco used in the power station where Keith Hardy, the designer and builder of this and the two steam loco's, used to work.

Well, there we go. I've shown you ours, so now you shouw us yours....!

Check out the website, Sherwood Forest Railway
plug, plug, plug.....

Simon Moore
Ticket Collector
Simon Moore
Ticket Collector

August 26th, 2006, 11:24 am #2

I love miniature narrow gauge locos, some great pictures here David, great stuff. :)

penrose
Operations Manager
penrose
Operations Manager

August 29th, 2006, 8:53 pm #3

Our main (& only!) loco on the Penrose Light Railway:

2-4-2 petrol mechanical built by Bruce Whalley (Weston Park) a few years back...out of action for the moment until track laying has reached a good length...Steam in a few years time possibly!

colinpeake
Director

August 29th, 2006, 9:26 pm #4

penrose wrote:Our main (& only!) loco on the Penrose Light Railway:

2-4-2 petrol mechanical built by Bruce Whalley (Weston Park) a few years back...out of action for the moment until track laying has reached a good length...Steam in a few years time possibly!
Interesting loco Charles, I know a few people who would be looking at that and planning a model in Gn15 using a Bachmann On30 mechanism!

Colin
Colin Peake
MRW Digest Editor

My blog: O9 Modeller

penrose
Operations Manager
penrose
Operations Manager

August 31st, 2006, 2:00 pm #5

sandshifter wrote:Interesting loco Charles, I know a few people who would be looking at that and planning a model in Gn15 using a Bachmann On30 mechanism!

Colin
Feel free to circulate the photo to your fellow modellers if you wish Colin...

Here's a pic of another loco owned by one of the forum members - "Bertie" owned by Kevin Bennett - hopefully this will encourage Kevin into posting about his locos ;)

DavidColley
Operations Manager
DavidColley
Operations Manager

August 31st, 2006, 3:32 pm #6

The PLR loco is fantastic Charles. We could do with a fifteen inch gauge version to take up some of the load on our railwy. Can see it now, winding past the tree house on a rainy day...
Good luck with the track laying, i know it can be hard work at times, but stick at it. It'll be worth it in the end!

plug, plug, plug.....

craiggluyas
Director

October 8th, 2006, 10:12 pm #7

My latest engine. 7.25" gauge built in 1981 (same year as me) for Conwy Valley Railway, out to Cyprus in 1995 and back this year. Revisited Betws for the AGM. Gopd help me if i put up engines i've owned!!!!
Craig Gluyas

Talking to one's self is a sign of madness. I talk to my imaginary friend.

peterbryant
Director

October 9th, 2006, 4:53 pm #8

Interesting collections of engines here everybody. I encourage you Craig to put up all the engines! Give it a go :lol:

Peter Bryant
Forum Admin

DavidColley
Operations Manager
DavidColley
Operations Manager

October 10th, 2006, 6:10 am #9

I too would be interested in all your previous locomotives. Having said that though, if you are like me and all the bikes i have owned, you'll only have a couple of shots of one as you were always too busy playing! :rolleyes:

plug, plug, plug.....

craiggluyas
Director

October 10th, 2006, 6:13 pm #10

Very true! It amounts to 2 7¼" Gauge Holmside locos,a 7¼" gauge class 47 (now in ireland), a 5" gauge class 20, 15" Gauge Porthcawl Loco (now back in wales) 15" Gauge Battison (at Cleethorpes) 15" gauge blaise castle tram (now back with Austin) 15" Gauge Foxglove (ex Blaise Castle) Now in Bits, and currently own the 7¼" gauge battery loco and 7¼" gauge sit in thing, being rebuilt. Quite a list for a 25 year old!!!!!!!!! So wish i had kept some, but being 25 money aint forthcoming, especially when the first house comes along.............
Craig Gluyas

Talking to one's self is a sign of madness. I talk to my imaginary friend.