Grim Fandango help

November 19th, 2010, 1:29 am #1

I am at the bottom of the ocean and this little guy with a lantern on his head keeps walking by.... but it takes him forever to get around... and the walkthrough said that I have to pick him up. I have tried repeatedly to pick him up but all Manny does is talk to him. Is there a certain place I have to stand to pick him up?

Pamela
Pamela

November 23rd, 2010, 11:57 pm #2

Hello Linda - can't help you I'm afraid as it's so long since I played it, but am so glad to hear that this great game is still around. Hmmm, might just get it out again! Good luck!

November 25th, 2010, 3:25 pm #3

I tried playing it on one of my Windows XP computers and it kept freezing so I tried my other XP and it works like a champ. Even the elevator puzzle where so many people say their computer goes too fast, I was able to get by. But, this little (*(*^&^^(( keeps going round and round and I can't get his light. I hope you 'fire this game up' again. It sure is one of the best... other than the controls. I don't like them, but the game is so good that i just try to work around that. If you do play it again and get that little guy with the light, please tell me how. I am still stuck there.

November 25th, 2010, 8:54 pm #4

I am at the bottom of the ocean and this little guy with a lantern on his head keeps walking by.... but it takes him forever to get around... and the walkthrough said that I have to pick him up. I have tried repeatedly to pick him up but all Manny does is talk to him. Is there a certain place I have to stand to pick him up?
Hi Linda,

I found a walkthrough by Tami Meyers that we apparently used and it says the following:

"A little man, Chepito, will come walking by.

Talk to him as soon as Manny turns his head towards him.

End the conversation.

When Chepito walks away follow and press the 'u' key to grab him. Glottis will pick him up. You all walk off to a sub where an octopus is grabbing people and stuffing them inside."

Hope this is the answer.

Take care,

Bill

www.mrbillsadventureland.com

Confirmation of reply: