Twitch
Master Mutator
Twitch
Master Mutator

May 19th, 2018, 6:43 am #21

We aim to please.

You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, 'cause you can never predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid.

Sod
Master Mutator
Sod
Master Mutator

May 19th, 2018, 3:51 pm #22

That is to say we aim, though with what, remains to be decided...

A thought that I've been examining the past day is how to provide multiple outlets of play and world influence which do not directly come down to politics. As we saw last season, politics quickly evolved to become the primary method for impacting the story. As such, there was a point where the pitfighting felt like it took second fiddle, serving only as the vehicle for gaining social capital and physical resources.

I'm not sure this is a bad thing, but it does leave me with the question of how do we make our pitfights relevant and purposeful without becoming a catspaw to the social sciences? Perhaps the answer lies not in rules mechanics or the structure of the in game world or perhaps it can be ameliorated by how a player chooses to shape their character?

What are your thoughts? Does this ring true for you and if so, how can we make a more diverse system?

AshenEshin
Master Mutator
AshenEshin
Master Mutator

May 26th, 2018, 8:07 am #23

So I have an idea pertaining to mutation itself. I think it was mentioned that there would be a quite limited number of characteristics that could be applied to beasts next season. Well my idea was let's say you mutate two characteristics into a beast in two different "procedures", simple research mutations.
The idea was that if these synergised they would form a new characteristic and then they would reveal to the player how to directly mutate the new characteristic (or if needs be the synergy can be researched to provide insight on how to recreate it) in "complex procedures" which require the resources of their "ingredient procedures" but will give you the synergised characteristic taking up just one slot.

The reason I propose this is because it will prompt actual experimentation and will have moulders organically develop signature mutations as they figure out synergies others haven't. Perhaps different moulders will achieve the same effects with different complex procedures. This could open up a whole branch of who has invented the most complex procedure,etc.
He's not a master assassin!, He is a very naughty boy!
The Rave(-ing Mad) Cave a.k.a my lab
Praise be to Mutae:fsm:

Morkskittar
Master Mutator
Morkskittar
Master Mutator

May 27th, 2018, 3:34 pm #24

AshenEshin wrote:So I have an idea pertaining to mutation itself. I think it was mentioned that there would be a quite limited number of characteristics that could be applied to beasts next season. Well my idea was let's say you mutate two characteristics into a beast in two different "procedures", simple research mutations.
The idea was that if these synergised they would form a new characteristic and then they would reveal to the player how to directly mutate the new characteristic (or if needs be the synergy can be researched to provide insight on how to recreate it) in "complex procedures" which require the resources of their "ingredient procedures" but will give you the synergised characteristic taking up just one slot.

The reason I propose this is because it will prompt actual experimentation and will have moulders organically develop signature mutations as they figure out synergies others haven't. Perhaps different moulders will achieve the same effects with different complex procedures. This could open up a whole branch of who has invented the most complex procedure,etc.
Now there's a good idea... *scribbles*

Also, re:Sod: That is a big part of the current vision for rules changes... the stakes of Pitfights (and Battles between Warpacks) will now be political as well as economic.

Hopefully more preview/teaser stuff coming soon once I recover from this two-week long illness... <_<
Novels Written and For Sale: List

UE Pub Fight Deaths: 334. Pillz and Pyllz are ? by Morkskittar
Dark Lord Nihilus Regarding Me: "You're the love child of Vishnu and Pegasus."

Stop Geen Toegang! / Complete Works of Morkskittar / Ask a Skaven! 'zodi