You know damn well you would rush out and buy this if you knew where to get some...

You know damn well you would rush out and buy this if you knew where to get some...

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 2nd, 2012, 5:15 am #1

I mean - how could you not ?

There's just one problem... ...I'm pretty sure it's lethal to consume the contents of the box.

Dennis
Dennis

April 2nd, 2012, 11:09 am #2

On the grocery shelves at camp!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 4th, 2012, 1:03 am #3

`
It only cost me a buck at Big Lots bargain store.

John
John

April 4th, 2012, 5:05 am #4

if it glows in the dark?

Dennis
Dennis

April 4th, 2012, 5:13 pm #5

`
It only cost me a buck at Big Lots bargain store.
Plenty of Biglots around here! Do you have any Ollies up your way? Good place to scrounge for books every once in a while!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 5th, 2012, 4:55 am #6

`
Given the fat & salt content of the stuff, I honestly don't think I'll ever eat it. If I was going to eat 30 grams of fat at a sitting, I'd rather have pizza or "Macedonian meat loaf" at this little local diner. I pretty much just wasted the buck for the novelty value.
LoL

You mean Ollie's Bargain Outlet ? There's a couple of them herabouts.
I've looked through their books a few times when their semi-regular sales advert has been in the local newspaper & some item or other has caught my eye. What I find disappointing about them is that they are one of these places that advertises some "wowwy-zowwy" deal & then it turns out that they had a just couple or three of the particular items advertised in stock, or a deal on some article of clothing & it turns out to be thousand size small or some damn thing. Plus, a lot of their "bargains" just don't seem to be.

April 5th, 2012, 11:10 am #7

Book deals aren't bad though, which is why I singled them out. Picked up all 4 volumes of Battles and Leaders of the Civil War for about $25.

That is substantially cheaper than publishers of course, but more than I'd have expected at a used book sale. Of course that assumes a complete set would be available at a book sale. As to the rest of their stuff you are TOT!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 6th, 2012, 4:02 am #8

`
Sometimes I think the people that run 'em deliberately break up the sets if they notice that the multiple volumes belong together.
LoL
Even fiction... ...I can't recall all the times I've picked up some peculiarly interesting title only to find that its Volume Whatever of The Whosamawhatsit Saga and of course it's the only one to be found.
Although one can always look for any others on Amazon.com if you want 'em bad enough. No guarantees, of course, but at least there's the option.

Dennis
Dennis

April 6th, 2012, 10:22 am #9

The local store has volumes of the Official Records of the Civil War..........but unfortunately not a complete set. A local university has a set of the first edition printing. It was really cool using it for some earlier research for a Civil War seminar I took.