Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

November 8th, 2010, 4:54 am #1

`
hmmm...

Dennis
Dennis

November 9th, 2010, 12:07 am #2

Good eatin' size! Note that birds make regular rounds if not disturbed! It doesn't look like a 22 shot would be noticable in that area!!

Drop one right at the gate...looks like plenty of room to slide it out!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

November 9th, 2010, 6:00 am #3

`
...definitely full-grown adult birds. I was standing about 30 feet from them. There was another group on the opposite side of the road I'd driven down.

2 things would make me hesitant to go a-shootin' there, though...

For one, this spot is actually along an old dead-end road on the outskirts of the city of Buffalo's old industrial waterfront district. While the building in the background of the shot looks quite defunct, there are operating businesses still located there - though admittedly nobody was around on a Sunday in the 4pm hour, when I was there. That spot is also about 500-1000 feet from edge of the city's 1st ward residential neighborhood.

For another, the odor of a gas leak was so strong in the area that I almost didn't want to drive there - never mind firing shots that could set off a conflagration which would blow up a city block or 3.
I mean - I wouldn't necessarily mind doing that... ...just so long as I wasn't at ground zero !

LoL

Dennis
Dennis

November 9th, 2010, 5:46 pm #4

Though if you could get your hands on an asbestos suit and find secure shelter from flying debris you could get 'em killed, plucked and cooked in one fell swoop!

Either that or leave a trail of cracked corn leading to a safer location!