Dennis
Dennis

May 16th, 2011, 11:38 pm #11

I was working from memory, which was incorrect.

John
John

May 17th, 2011, 12:43 am #12

and see just how incorrect you are in referring to Pope Benedict as an "ex ratzi gunner."
Rathzinger largely wrote Vatican II himself and was understandably enraged when the ultra-liberal left wing of the Catholic Church completely misinterpretted it and ran riot, disolving cloistered convents of nuns and closing monestaries, while some missionary orders of priests adopted radical liberation theology as their core beliefs. Pope JP II halted the rot within the church. Pope Benedict is actively pruning back and destroying the remaining heretical and radical elements. Of course, this is a work in progress and it will never be finished in his lifetime.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 17th, 2011, 6:01 am #13

`
I mean - I guess all that "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" legalese-type stuff they come up with at these councils is pretty spiffy, all scribbled up in caligraphic script, or however it ends up in the "official versions", but an "admission" of guilt on the real rot in the church after it comes out that they not only knew about it all along, but covered it up is... ...well... ...woefully inadequate comes to mind. Pity they couldn't have revived that fine old tradition of Convicta et Combusta to resolve the issue.

Dennis
Dennis

May 17th, 2011, 9:42 am #14

I was wrong on his employment with the forces of the Reich.

On the prevailing theology on the church I have mixed feelings. There is a necessity for some change from the past, especially in terms of opening up drawn curtains to permit more scrutiny by the people of the church.

On the issue of crushing pedophilia within the ranks I stand with Loki. Those involved should be outed and treated as harshly as possible without the prospect of either mercy or respite. the failure of the church to consistently do so is as great a sin as any committed by her during the Inquisition!!

John
John

May 18th, 2011, 5:14 am #15

He defunded all those mutant semanaries who allowed pedophiles to become priests and forcefully retired the teaching hierarchy that allowed that to happen in the first place. He also did the same with the Jesuit Missionary Priests in South America, telling them to either drop their teaching of Communist inspired, liberation theology and "tow the line" or be excommunicated.

I find it funny that everybody in the media blows up about the pedophile priest abuses, that constituted something like 1.5% of all Catholic priests, but nobody raises any hackles about the deluge of other Christian faiths who have the same problem of their ministers fooling around with children or young teenagers.

Dennis
Dennis

May 18th, 2011, 9:12 am #16

I don't see the Family Values pastors getting a free pass in the media....other than from their friends on FOX! And they sure as hell don't get it from me JB!

What you say about Benedicts actions may be correct, but it does nothing for the years of coverup by the church hierarchy that allowed the pedophiles to remain in their positions of sacred trust. A hell of a lot more heads should roll than just the seminarians!

John
John

May 19th, 2011, 5:23 am #17

you save enough of that blame for all of the other Christian churches who have harbored that same sort of sick behaviour within their infrastructure for many years now. The Roman Catholic Church always seems to get top billing by the media whenever a scandal of this horrible magnatude breaks loose, but I never seem to hear or see the finger of blame pointed toward other Christian churches with the same zeal or intensity when these scandals come home to roost at their door. Wrong is wrong for both the goose and the gander.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 19th, 2011, 5:50 am #18

I don't see the Family Values pastors getting a free pass in the media....other than from their friends on FOX! And they sure as hell don't get it from me JB!

What you say about Benedicts actions may be correct, but it does nothing for the years of coverup by the church hierarchy that allowed the pedophiles to remain in their positions of sacred trust. A hell of a lot more heads should roll than just the seminarians!
`
Hell - those "Evangelicals" yammering away in their designer suits and 500 dollar haircuts should all be shot dead just for being the lying, stealing, demagogues they are. As for those Mormon splinter groups with their "arranged marriages" to underage teenage girls - just shove 'em all in a hole, douse 'em with gasoline and light it up.

John
John

May 19th, 2011, 6:14 am #19

I believe that God sees all and knows all and has a special place for all of those shysters in designer suits and equally priced haircuts, plus the Mormon splinter groups and all the rest who don't toe the basic line of loving and putting God above all else. The longer I live, the more I see that this life is but a finite way station on our final trip to the eternal great beyond. More importantly, what we do on this earth to provide for those less fortunate than us, plus the works we perform out of love for the greater good of the same, added to the worship of Almighty God, means more than we will ever know on this earthly plain, but will be part of the final judgement of what the next life will bring. I make no apologies for what I say and I make no complaints. I'm not trying to convert anyone and I state categorically that this is largely what a large portion of my core beliefs consist of. This is what I firmly believe..

Dennis
Dennis

May 19th, 2011, 9:30 am #20

you save enough of that blame for all of the other Christian churches who have harbored that same sort of sick behaviour within their infrastructure for many years now. The Roman Catholic Church always seems to get top billing by the media whenever a scandal of this horrible magnatude breaks loose, but I never seem to hear or see the finger of blame pointed toward other Christian churches with the same zeal or intensity when these scandals come home to roost at their door. Wrong is wrong for both the goose and the gander.
Let me clarify my position by stating first that I agree with you 100% John.

The RC church has its problems and wounds, all of which are self-inflicted and still being ignored or covered at least to some degree. They do deserve criticism for them.

I have far more disgust for the others. Their blatant flaunting of moral practices does not receive the emphasis it should. The Family Values/Religious Right/Conservative Coalition gang is, IMO, much guiltier of egregious moral offenses than the RC church.

What that bunch of maggot shit has that the Church does not is a protector in the media. FOX, MSNBC and the rest of that ilk protect them like a Kevlar vest while unleashing hell on the Church. The Church has no such benefactors and is targeted from all sides, especially the Right!

Of course, the ditto heads just lap it all up.......because they are fucking dolts!

Let's look at Ahnold as our most recent example, shall we? It wasn't that long ago that he was one of the up and coming darlings of the Family Values/Religious Right/Conservative Coalition gang, even to the point that some were suggesting amending the constitution so a naturalized citizen could be president. The conflict and hypocrisy between that position and the hammering the current chief executive has taken from the Right over his citizenship should be readily apparent!

Remember John, while I don't go see God within the walls of a Catholic church any more, I am proud of my upbringing. It has been suggested to me by more than one minister at the church I attend that I join up and become a formal member.

That isn't going to happen! You and I may not be the same type of Catholic, but I will not be anything else.
Last edited by D1J1 on May 19th, 2011, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.