Sandusky

Sandusky

Asmara
Asmara

June 23rd, 2012, 3:28 am #1

guilty.

I thought he was, and have not watched the trial.
Have avoided it as much as I can, actually.

I felt and feel bad for Joe Paterno, and how his life ended....
He did seem to be a great coach.
But if he had any inkling, and I think he did, he should have done something at the time.
Too bad to ruin the whole Penn State reputation, but if it is based on shiite like that... oh well.
It was going to crumble at some point.
sigh

;(

John
John

June 23rd, 2012, 3:55 am #2

Sandusky's dance card is going to be full for the rest of his misbegotten life in prison. With 45 out of 48 possible convictions going against him, he will no doubt live a very lively life. In football parlance, he will go from being a "tight-end" to a "wide-receiver."

Dennis
Dennis

June 23rd, 2012, 9:39 am #3

guilty.

But if he had any inkling, and I think he did, he should have done something at the time.
Too bad to ruin the whole Penn State reputation, but if it is based on shiite like that... oh well.
sigh

;(
The local coverage has been massive, as you would expect. Like Asmara, I tried to ignore much of it.

On the verdicts, good for him. Don't feel sorry for anyone in the Penn State hierarchy....ESPECIALLY Paterno. He had carte blanche at that school and did not receive near the villification he deserved.

He may have been just a head football coach on paper, but nobody and I mean NOBODY at that school dared cross him. That is the extent of his real power. The man simply had no real superiors at that school. A word from him and this would have been handled 10 fucking years ago folks!

Hopefully that piece of shit Sandusky sits in jail throughout the appeals process that is sure to follow.

John
John

June 23rd, 2012, 2:17 pm #4

The judge already revoked his bail. Sandusky is going to be really popular in jail, especially when he finds his bunk covered with candy bars from all of his admirers. "Don't bend over to pick up the soap in the shower, Jerry!"

Asmara
Asmara

June 23rd, 2012, 4:36 pm #5

The local coverage has been massive, as you would expect. Like Asmara, I tried to ignore much of it.

On the verdicts, good for him. Don't feel sorry for anyone in the Penn State hierarchy....ESPECIALLY Paterno. He had carte blanche at that school and did not receive near the villification he deserved.

He may have been just a head football coach on paper, but nobody and I mean NOBODY at that school dared cross him. That is the extent of his real power. The man simply had no real superiors at that school. A word from him and this would have been handled 10 fucking years ago folks!

Hopefully that piece of shit Sandusky sits in jail throughout the appeals process that is sure to follow.
I guess I missed that Paterno was Penn State and so powerful there...
I watched a few Penn State games over the many years, and he seemed to
be a good coach.

I suspect you are right, Dennis, in that if Paterno had said/done something
when it was first on his radar, it would have been handled... and never
would have seen the light of day... thus saving numerous children from abuse.

Why that was not done, I have no idea. But it should have been. Obviously.
Makes one wonder somewhat about all the other people involved.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

June 24th, 2012, 12:30 am #6

guilty.

sigh

;(
`
..so wrote the medieval "witchfinders" upon condemning those alleged to have conspired with His Infernal Majesty, before consigning them to be incinerated alive. Normally I'm for as "clinically scientific" a method of execution as the bigdomes care to dream up, as it is my opinion that it should be done in a manner which indicates that it is simply the remedy which society has chosen to insure that actions so far outside that which is acceptable are never repeated by the perpetrator, and that commiting them is so far beyond the pale that the elimination of the perpetrator is the sole response our society deems an adequate response. (pipe dreamer, ain't I ?)

In the case of such a vile caricature of anything remotely human as Sandusky, however, I venture to say that getting a bit - well, "medieval on his ass" would be quite appropriate.

Dennis
Dennis

June 24th, 2012, 12:37 pm #7

I guess I missed that Paterno was Penn State and so powerful there...
I watched a few Penn State games over the many years, and he seemed to
be a good coach.

I suspect you are right, Dennis, in that if Paterno had said/done something
when it was first on his radar, it would have been handled... and never
would have seen the light of day... thus saving numerous children from abuse.

Why that was not done, I have no idea. But it should have been. Obviously.
Makes one wonder somewhat about all the other people involved.
"In hindsight, I wish I had done more." No shit Sherlock, what prompted you to have that brainstorm?! He knew and did, in effect, nothing. All of them are guilty of that.

One piece of evidence brought out is the exchange of emails among the president, athletic director and others in the first (2001 or 2002???) incident to not inform the police as it would be damaging to Sandusky and his family. Really??? Dante didn't write about a level of hell low enough for this group!

Dennis
Dennis

June 24th, 2012, 12:50 pm #8

`
..so wrote the medieval "witchfinders" upon condemning those alleged to have conspired with His Infernal Majesty, before consigning them to be incinerated alive. Normally I'm for as "clinically scientific" a method of execution as the bigdomes care to dream up, as it is my opinion that it should be done in a manner which indicates that it is simply the remedy which society has chosen to insure that actions so far outside that which is acceptable are never repeated by the perpetrator, and that commiting them is so far beyond the pale that the elimination of the perpetrator is the sole response our society deems an adequate response. (pipe dreamer, ain't I ?)

In the case of such a vile caricature of anything remotely human as Sandusky, however, I venture to say that getting a bit - well, "medieval on his ass" would be quite appropriate.
I got just the thing boss! Give 'im the pear! Historically a fairly correct response for his crime!

http://www.medievality.com/pear-of-anguish.html

Asmara
Asmara

June 24th, 2012, 2:42 pm #9

"In hindsight, I wish I had done more." No shit Sherlock, what prompted you to have that brainstorm?! He knew and did, in effect, nothing. All of them are guilty of that.

One piece of evidence brought out is the exchange of emails among the president, athletic director and others in the first (2001 or 2002???) incident to not inform the police as it would be damaging to Sandusky and his family. Really??? Dante didn't write about a level of hell low enough for this group!
Well... you, as usual, are right.

No level of hell is deep enough.

;(

Dennis
Dennis

June 24th, 2012, 3:56 pm #10

I am not nor have I ever been a Penn State student, booster or fan. I did see Paterno as one of the very, very few truly good guys in the cesspool that is major college athletics. This event troubles me a lot, sigh..............

The child bride told me yesterday that one of the kids reported Sandusky to his school guidance counsellor. The counsellor replied to the effect that Sandusky would never do anything like that and let the matter drop. If the laws on mandatory reporters are complied with he/she will at least be fired.