Priest needs a life.

Priest needs a life.

March 31st, 2009, 8:54 pm #1

March 31st, 2009, 8:57 pm #2

in the world, you would think he could find something better to protest.

Besides, you can see more than that on the beach most any day.

Dennis
Dennis

March 31st, 2009, 11:37 pm #3

That renowned minister Jimmy Swaggert stops by too, probably to ask her for a date!

In fact, if the statue had been in the Big Easy he'd have probably already visited, and of course cried for forgiveness on his TV show.
Last edited by D1J1 on March 31st, 2009, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

celtredleg
celtredleg

April 2nd, 2009, 1:26 am #4

on televangilists.

Must be nice to live in a place where the biggest problem is that a staue in front of an antique store shows a bit to much boob.

If he ever visited a mall around here, much less the beach he would have a corinary.

Dennis
Dennis

April 2nd, 2009, 8:28 am #5

Yeah, and it wouldn't have to be very high. Say the replacement cost for the round used.

Agree on how ludicrous this priests protest is. Venus de Milo show as much tit at this pirate broad. Is he up in arms about that? That statue or its photgraphic likeness are seen by a hell of a lot more impressionable minds than the pirate every day of the year.

mooster
mooster

April 4th, 2009, 8:49 pm #6

The Vatican freakin' OWNS nude art. The pirate chick in question is hotter with her clothes on than most classic nude portrayals, but I think I'm only being modern and trendy. She also gets points for being a pirate.

If I was the owner of that store, I would ask the priest, "Would you prefer it if the statue was of her young cabin boy?"

Might not be exactly fair to the priest in question, but it could get him to shut up some.

Freya123
Freya123

April 4th, 2009, 10:12 pm #7

What! Does the priest think piracy attracks puritan women! Hehe.

Yes, he really needs to get a life. I bet there are some poor families in his neighborhood he could put his energy into helping instead of this silly topic. He's gotta be bored, maybe not enough small boys around to mess with.

celtredleg
celtredleg

April 5th, 2009, 12:08 am #8

The Vatican freakin' OWNS nude art. The pirate chick in question is hotter with her clothes on than most classic nude portrayals, but I think I'm only being modern and trendy. She also gets points for being a pirate.

If I was the owner of that store, I would ask the priest, "Would you prefer it if the statue was of her young cabin boy?"

Might not be exactly fair to the priest in question, but it could get him to shut up some.

Some one suggested an alter boy statue, but in defference to some of our members here, I did not pass that on.

But as you already went there....

celtredleg
celtredleg

April 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm #9

A lot of the coffee and latte stands around here have gone bikini chicks serving. Right by us we have hotte latte. Of course some local groups are totaly outraged by this. I think if you dont like them, vote with your wallet, and just dont go.

I suspect the priest in pirate town would have a heart attack here, as most of the baristas wear a lot less than the wooden pirate chick.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 6th, 2009, 4:42 am #10

`
...Must not have caught on to that particular trend yet.

LoL