posting your life away.

posting your life away.

celtredleg
celtredleg

January 14th, 2010, 7:32 am #1

On another forum they not only count how many posts you have, but how much you type in each posting. I am up to over 500 posts at 450 or so charecters per post. That is a hell of a start on a book. On another I am closing on a thousand posts, no idea how many word, probaly less.

The there is here and the green hell and the erasers place. As there is no count I have no idea, but I must have posted thousands between the three. Some of the rest of you have a lot more than me.

Not just a book, but a whole series. Damn. At least they dont charge me to print this stuff.

Asmara
Asmara

January 14th, 2010, 8:25 am #2

but not charging the other people to read it either ! Hence, how we are all making not a penny !

Hi Celt !

Hi Everyone !

From the still frozen and frigid inland West... Currently 4 degrees, with a forecast low of 5 below.

January 15th, 2010, 6:52 pm #3

On another forum they not only count how many posts you have, but how much you type in each posting. I am up to over 500 posts at 450 or so charecters per post. That is a hell of a start on a book. On another I am closing on a thousand posts, no idea how many word, probaly less.

The there is here and the green hell and the erasers place. As there is no count I have no idea, but I must have posted thousands between the three. Some of the rest of you have a lot more than me.

Not just a book, but a whole series. Damn. At least they dont charge me to print this stuff.
Sounds like a group that thinks you have to say a lot to say a lot.

They're wrong.

celtredleg
celtredleg

January 15th, 2010, 8:05 pm #4

On some forums people with a high post count think they know more than those with very low counts. Bill set it up that way so that those who post one meaningless sentence just to boost thier count can be shown as such.

It is a historical wargame site, with at least a dozen Authers on it. By Auther, I mean actual historical books, not some basement memiographed handout. There are also many publishers of wargamers makers of miniatures and other hobby things on there. Many of these do posts in the thousands of words, back and forth. Complete with details of where the refernce came from and so forth.

It is like if Odin had a PHD, and there where more of him. It gets very intense sometimes, but you can learn a lot if you pay attenti9on. You can also learn that some famous Authers are total assholes, and others are pretty cool.