OY!.. VON!!

OY!.. VON!!

John
John

March 14th, 2009, 10:20 pm #1

I saw an interesting show on BBC yesterday. It's called "Most Haunted." The show was about the haunting of Nunington Hall in Yorkshire. Apparently, the place is loaded with ghosts. Would you know anything about that particular place?

Von Richter
Von Richter

March 16th, 2009, 3:00 am #2

Is that the mother-in-law paid a visit and the ghosts fucked off quicksharp!
Keep an eye out for the episode they filmed at East kirkby, they spent the night in the hanger and got scared shitless!

John
John

March 16th, 2009, 3:52 am #3

and they were scared out of their minds!

March 16th, 2009, 8:19 am #4

I saw an interesting show on BBC yesterday. It's called "Most Haunted." The show was about the haunting of Nunington Hall in Yorkshire. Apparently, the place is loaded with ghosts. Would you know anything about that particular place?
They're on Discovery and/or the Travel Channel. I haven't paid much attention because my initial reaction was that they're a bunch of hooey.

Does the spook stuff have any merit or is it worth a look see just for the history end?

Von Richter.
Von Richter.

March 16th, 2009, 11:16 am #5

I've been to East Kirkby many times, even when the watch tower and hangers were derelict. A story they tell these days is that the watch tower is haunted. Not believing this an ex-SAS man (they're always ex-Sass in these stories!) said he would be locked in for the night. Next morning he was let out, terified, his hair had gone gray overnight and he never spoke of what he saw!!!
Great story, but complete hokum!

mooster
mooster

March 16th, 2009, 12:56 pm #6

I don't believe in ghosts, no extra terrestrial visitations, no bifoot, no Loch Ness monster, no Voodoo, no psychic bullshit, the pyramids are a big stack of rocks and I'm convinced Oswald shot JFK without conspiracy.

I have had a couple of hauntings which make interesting stories, but I don't believe there were actual ghosts involved. I'm like the Professor on Gilligan's Island, "There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, Skipper."

Having said that, I was at the bookstore a couple of years ago and picked up a great book about hauntings in England. The stories are stupid. I bought the book for two reasons: 1. I'm an architecture junkie and the book is loaded with cool photos of big old Englander houses. 2. The book was marked as a bargain sale for like three bucks. Score!

John
John

March 17th, 2009, 4:28 am #7

That's your perogative, but some of us have experienced visitations of spirits that don't come out of any bottle and after you experience one such incident, you will never again be so quick as to mock they who have.

Dennis
Dennis

March 17th, 2009, 9:20 am #8

Lots of pale green light, fuzzy images, people acting scared and telling you what you should have seen but didn't doesn't prove anything except to the gullible. That's what I've seen on the "ghost hunter" shows I've watched. It all adds up to nothing.

That said, while I'm not concerned about them one way or the other I'm not going to dispute their possible existence. I suppose it is possible but equally likely that they are simply another strange working of the subconcious mind about which we know so little.

I think my maternal grandma visited me when she passed. Note the word THINK, as it may or may not have been. I simply can't say for sure.

celtredleg
celtredleg

March 17th, 2009, 2:07 pm #9

I don't believe in ghosts, no extra terrestrial visitations, no bifoot, no Loch Ness monster, no Voodoo, no psychic bullshit, the pyramids are a big stack of rocks and I'm convinced Oswald shot JFK without conspiracy.

I have had a couple of hauntings which make interesting stories, but I don't believe there were actual ghosts involved. I'm like the Professor on Gilligan's Island, "There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, Skipper."

Having said that, I was at the bookstore a couple of years ago and picked up a great book about hauntings in England. The stories are stupid. I bought the book for two reasons: 1. I'm an architecture junkie and the book is loaded with cool photos of big old Englander houses. 2. The book was marked as a bargain sale for like three bucks. Score!
The Pacific NW Indians have no mythical creatures. No dragons, griffins hobgoblins or any of that stuff. But they do believe in bigfoot. But to them he is just one more forest critter, although a rare one.

I have never seen a bigfoot, but I do know a couple people that have. They didnt have cameras, and they dont what anybody fucking with them, so they never went public. In one case, he is not sure it was a real bigfoot, just sure it was not a bear or a deer or an elk or even an escaped gorilla. So he is left with it must have been mr foot, or a crazy guy in a suit running around in the forest in hunting season, not a good longterm survival idea.

The other one is straight out it was a bigfoot. In the open, 200 yards clear day through a 3x9 scope. And where he was, took better than 2 days to get to on horse back. So if it was a dude in a suit, he had been waiting for years for somebody to come by and see him. I told him he should have dropped it. two reasons he didnt. One he only shoots to eat, and he was not going to eat some bogassed monkey. two, he only had one pack horse, and could not pack out an elk and a foot at the same time.

Me, I see one, its going down. End this shit once and for all.

I will talk about UFOs some other time.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

March 18th, 2009, 3:08 am #10

Lots of pale green light, fuzzy images, people acting scared and telling you what you should have seen but didn't doesn't prove anything except to the gullible. That's what I've seen on the "ghost hunter" shows I've watched. It all adds up to nothing.

That said, while I'm not concerned about them one way or the other I'm not going to dispute their possible existence. I suppose it is possible but equally likely that they are simply another strange working of the subconcious mind about which we know so little.

I think my maternal grandma visited me when she passed. Note the word THINK, as it may or may not have been. I simply can't say for sure.
`
Plumbers by day... Plumbing the depths of the "superntaural" by night...!

LoL

I've never expeienced any "ghostly" stuff myself - which I consider well and good, because if there is even a snowball's chance in Hell that I might become so obsessed with the material world after I keel over that I could come back to wander around and make the occasional odd noise or whatnot, then my new life's mission is to discover some sort of whiz-bang magickal type ritual that will insure that said horrendous eventuality never occurs !