OY Boss! Hope you didn't get this on top of the slugs!

OY Boss! Hope you didn't get this on top of the slugs!

August 16th, 2009, 10:49 am #1

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

August 16th, 2009, 3:38 pm #2

`
I think that might have had a hand in killing the spuds I planted as well as the slugs. Not sure, but I have found symptoms which seem similar to those described on the site you provided, plus others. None have keeled over dead as described, but a couple started to wilt mysteriously after the last torrential rain which drenched "The Farm".

Not sure what I will do at this point... ...It doesn't seem as though a 'chemical option' is viable if the infection is already present, and my plants are right on top of each other, so if one of 'em had it, I bet they all will get it. Guess I'll just keep pruning whatever looks bad on the individual plants, and destroy as the web sites suggest anything which looks infected.

argh !

The Hell of it is, I started from seeds, rather than buying any starter plants.

I could crucify the bastard who sent those plants from down South... ...probably unjust, as they might not have known what was afoot...

It would make me feel better, though.

Plus, I should be able to sue Al Gore for a couple million bucks or so, as who knows how much people changing their behavior on account of his never ending stream of oral effluvia about the climate has caused a 'rebound effect' in the weather contributed the soggy Summer which has been so conducive to the spread of a fungal disease.

I have fuckin' suffered, and I should be compensated.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

August 16th, 2009, 5:17 pm #3

`
Looks like I may have found a "consolation prize" type method of using unripe tomatoes if the plants are going to die...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/ ... oup-230446

I wish I'd known about it before tossing all the unripe leftovers at the end of last season.

Google page with more recipes:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gr ... oq=&aqi=g1

Dennis
Dennis

August 16th, 2009, 5:40 pm #4

Though in my experience the best thing to do with tomatoes is pluck a ripe one off the plant, quarter it and salt to taste after finishing an outdoor task.

Doesn't get any better than that, no sir, no better at all. The green ones aren't suitable for that duty though.
Last edited by D1J1 on August 16th, 2009, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.