Our Quote of the Day is from President Slave-Fucker...

Our Quote of the Day is from President Slave-Fucker...

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

December 3rd, 2011, 5:49 am #1

`
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
- Thomas Jefferson

Our government IS a fucking error !

Dennis
Dennis

December 3rd, 2011, 11:06 am #2

The rat bastard is harping on the evils of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.......earlier he had praised them to the skies!!! He denied that".............even though it is on the record!

Obviously another who hasn't changed his stripes!!! Can't wait for the next version of the Contract With America......aka Welfare For Millionaires.....that the lemmings buy into!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

December 4th, 2011, 6:23 am #3

`
Child labor laws are stupid ?

Poor kids don't know how to work ?

Maybe he's spent so much time being an alternate history author that he's slipped off into his own little world where the stuff he says is actually true.

Dennis
Dennis

December 4th, 2011, 9:40 am #4

The more things change the more they stay the same!!!! The man has always been a fool!!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

December 4th, 2011, 3:47 pm #5

`
True enough, I suppose.

I do recall viewing a taped "civics class" on TV that he supposedly taught at some university during which he stated that there had been no significant diverging opinion from the notion of what America stood for since the nation's origins until the late 1960s, when the "hippy dippy types" (my phrasing there) decided that the US wasn't the greatest nation on Earth any more.

I don't know whether I was more stunned by Newt's statement, or that none of the apparently brain-dead collection of dolts in this class had the presence of mind to raise a hand and say - "uh... ...wasn't the Civil War such a 'divergence' of opinion...?"

Hell - didn't the US almost break up the first time the Fedreal Gov't. tried to institute a tax to pay off the Revolutionary war debt ? ('Whiskey Rebellion')

Didn't the US almost split in half over the War of 1812 ?

I guess these weren't significant enough 'divergences' for His Newtiness to consider them on par with a bunch of kids carrying signs and smoking dope !

Dennis
Dennis

December 5th, 2011, 12:01 pm #6

I don't see that event as an attempt to break up the gubmint. The reality is it was a fairly local, mainly western PA and MD, event.

The real significance is that Washington used the power of the presidency to "re-educate" the whiskey makers. Sadly, his southern compatriots failed to remember that lesson a few decades later!

John
John

December 5th, 2011, 3:35 pm #7

Those southern compatriots were distilling moonshine well before the Whiskey Rebellion and have continued to do so right up to this very day.

Dennis
Dennis

December 5th, 2011, 4:37 pm #8

It was a refusal to pay tax on the hooch that prompted the Whiskey Rebellion, not the simple manufacture. Same with today's moonshiners.

'twas legal to make it and give it away then as well as now. But to sell it without paying the taxes was then and still is a no-no!

The Southern reference was regarding secession.........not shine! Those boys were slow learners!

John
John

December 6th, 2011, 5:04 am #9

didn't pay any taxes on whiskey sales either, yet Washington somehow left them alone.

December 6th, 2011, 12:09 pm #10

But at that time you do remember where George was from and how much of the Congress too! Looks like maybe things really haven't changed much now does it?

And that ain't just whistlin' Dixie brother!