Okey-dokey hockey fans............

Okey-dokey hockey fans............

August 26th, 2012, 10:15 am #1

What is your take on the negotiations? I don't think Don Fehr will be as hard nosed as he was with the baseball owners. Only because the NHL poo-bahs don't have that kind of cash by and large, nor is the revenue stream, especially TV comparable.

I'm figuring on a strike/walkout creating a short training camp and possibly a slightly shorter season. Unless the players are shooting for a significantly higher cut of the pie in their salary cap demands. In that case, bye-bye season.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

August 27th, 2012, 3:08 am #2

`
Even so, I think they should take whatever amount of money is required to satisfy everybody in the NHL from major league baseball and football.

The fact that there is so much money in baseball is nothing short of a goddam joke !
Those pansies should pay for the privilege of going through the motions of their sleep-inducing nonsense, not the other way 'round ! The NFL is like watching a bunch of big wind-up robots go through a repetitious series of pre-programed motions over and over and over again. They even need a "play clock" to get the sons of bitches moving in a timely fashion !

Say... ...maybe they should try that in baseball - tho' I wouldn't want to wreck the "mystique of the game" involved in watching some pinhead whack the dirt out of his cleats or spit tobacky juice for the umpteenth time whilst the pitcher looks all over God's creation pretending to concentrate or whatever the hell they get up to out there on their precious wee hill !

HAH !!!

Dennis
Dennis

August 27th, 2012, 7:40 pm #3

But it is capitalism at its finest or worst depending on your perspective! The law of supply and demand.....whatever the market will bear!

With you it is baseball and football.......with me it is hoops! Murder the entire NBA and give their cash to hockey!
Last edited by D1J1 on August 27th, 2012, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

August 28th, 2012, 12:47 am #4

`
My sole excuse is that it is so abysmally insignificant to me that it doesn't even register as a sport !

The only aspect on which I'd disagree with you as to the disposition of the entire wretched enterprise and all involved is to suggest that they instead be put into comas and their organs sold to rich Chinese businessmen (or whomever) to raise even more $$$ for hockey !!!

Once their isn't enough of them left to "mine" any further, grind up the remainder for pig feed.