Now the weather moderates.....)*^$)P)+&*%%$$

Now the weather moderates.....)*^$)P)+&*%%$$

August 13th, 2012, 10:36 am #1

Right after finishing playing grunt laborer on the son's deck the weather moderates! A nice looking week coming up with highs in the lower 80s and dropping to the low 60s at night.

Perhaps a couple of days late on the more moderate highs, but still nice.

A good day for fishing with the CB out taking an elderly friend of ours (yeah I know....shaddup JB) to medical appointments. We finish up with a few days of baby sitting at the end of the week. All good stuff!!!

mooster
mooster

August 13th, 2012, 11:14 am #2

60's in the overnight, high today of 82. I would like to say that, even though we've had triple digits for the better part of two months with almost no rain or other respite, I've only turned my AC on 6 or 7 times. And then only for about half an hour to an hour in the evening so as to get the humidity out before bed. That's the nature of Lucky Forward. Neighbors up down and to the left with a breeze-way to the right. I never turn the furnace on in the winter either.

A friend of mine said he had to pay a $300.00 light bill. F#@K! Mine for July was thirty-five bucks. And yes I told him that.

Peace,

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

August 14th, 2012, 5:17 am #3

`
I'd probably have killed one or more of 'em by now...

Then again, I'm so fed up with people at this point that I'd probably be a good candidate to be a "Mountain Man" like back in them there Olde Timey days - when the only time they came down outta the hinterlands was to trade for more bullets and/or gunpowder, and maybe a bottle O' booze. I'd probb'ly go ahead & shoot anybody I met by chance wandering through the middle of nowhere, too - just to be on the safe side before they went and did something stoopid.

I mean - why else would they be out there ?

I got my peace of mind to think of, y'know.

The problem is, I'd want some gigantic-ass, ultra-killing kind of gun to tote along that could kill just about anything you might ever encounter pretty much with one or a couple shots, because being mutilated by some dumb animal just because it is stupid, or hungry, or gets the crazy idea in it's pinheaded little brain that it's got more right to be on some hunk of ground than me definitely wouldn't be on my agenda.
Something like a sawed off version of that 20mm anti-tank rifle built by Finland would be nice - but with explosive ammunition, just to make sure.

How many pelts you think you'd have to bring in to wrangle a box of slugs like that?

LoL

Asmara
Asmara

August 14th, 2012, 6:59 am #4

The whole thing about pelts is not to have HOLES shot in them !!!
Especially not BIG holes !

Better bring along your needle and thread !

Though I do agree, better to have the critter daid than leaving him to gnaw on my bones !

Hiya Loki !

Hiya everyone !

August 14th, 2012, 12:33 pm #5

`
I'd probably have killed one or more of 'em by now...

Then again, I'm so fed up with people at this point that I'd probably be a good candidate to be a "Mountain Man" like back in them there Olde Timey days - when the only time they came down outta the hinterlands was to trade for more bullets and/or gunpowder, and maybe a bottle O' booze. I'd probb'ly go ahead & shoot anybody I met by chance wandering through the middle of nowhere, too - just to be on the safe side before they went and did something stoopid.

I mean - why else would they be out there ?

I got my peace of mind to think of, y'know.

The problem is, I'd want some gigantic-ass, ultra-killing kind of gun to tote along that could kill just about anything you might ever encounter pretty much with one or a couple shots, because being mutilated by some dumb animal just because it is stupid, or hungry, or gets the crazy idea in it's pinheaded little brain that it's got more right to be on some hunk of ground than me definitely wouldn't be on my agenda.
Something like a sawed off version of that 20mm anti-tank rifle built by Finland would be nice - but with explosive ammunition, just to make sure.

How many pelts you think you'd have to bring in to wrangle a box of slugs like that?

LoL
We did apartment living for about the first 2 years of marriage. We are considering it again if/when we move to a warmer climate. It isn't a priority as a single home or town house rank higher, but we won't rule it out.

The difference there is any apartment must, repeat MUST be seniors only. Visitors only for the kiddies, no full-time residents!

August 14th, 2012, 12:36 pm #6

Though I do agree, better to have the critter daid than leaving him to gnaw on my bones !

Hiya Loki !

Hiya everyone !

Hiya to your own self Asmara! Drop me a line and let me know whats up with you and yours!

Ain't seen hide nor hair of Juliet lately either!

mooster
mooster

August 14th, 2012, 2:54 pm #7

We did apartment living for about the first 2 years of marriage. We are considering it again if/when we move to a warmer climate. It isn't a priority as a single home or town house rank higher, but we won't rule it out.

The difference there is any apartment must, repeat MUST be seniors only. Visitors only for the kiddies, no full-time residents!
After the ex got my house, I took my apartment as a temporary measure while searching for another house. I named it 'Lucky Forward' because that's what Patton named his temp tactical headquarters with the Third Army. I always have to explain that, but I probably didn't need to with this group on this forum.

I had never lived in an apartment before and I thought I would hate it. Actually I love it. I don't mow, I don't shovel snow. A bunch of lovely Mexicans do all of that. I'm not supposed to have to do any maintenance, but the various maintenance teams we've had suck. I've replaced light fixtures, toilet guts, bathroom sink piping, garbage disposal etc... Oh well.

I chose a place in town where I had never ran an ambulance call and it's near the mall, the muli-plex theatre and all the "new" Gernerica restaurants. Big tax pile for the city and the advantage to that is, in rare instances when the power does go out in a storm or what-have-you, my grid is top priority for switching back on. Of course that's just by virtue of proximity. They don't actually give two shits about my building or any of us.

I've pretty good luck for the most part as far as it goes with neighbors. They come and go. There's always a new hot chick to fall into Mooster's Web of Charm (trademark). The people who currently live above me are pretty cool, but they have a new puppy that suffers from separation anxiety, so I have no choice but to hate them.

Anyway, my temporary abode has turned into 11 years and counting. I have no plans of leaving soon. Especially when I don't have to use the furnace in winter and my light bill during the hot months is 35 bucks!

Peace,

August 14th, 2012, 5:19 pm #8

The current manor house is very cheap too. The contractor who built it was the first owners brother so it started very tight. Improvements to siding and new windows made it more so.

That will be hard to replicate. The good news is that we lived frugally throughout the years so it doesn't matter quite as much now.

Wood heat and a single window AC unit handles our 1500 square feet very nicely. We also have a 30 inch attic fan cooling in warm but not hot enough for AC temperatures.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

August 15th, 2012, 4:15 am #9

Hiya Loki !

Hiya everyone !

`
Well... ...the ordinarily "pelted" animals could just be trapped with those nice, humane-type spring-loaded gizmos that just crush one of the dumb animal's limbs. The good old traditional way.

It's more like bears, wolves, mooses & such that might need big holes blown in 'em if'n they get all uppity. I figure I can use whatever's left for pairs of nice, furry slippers, or hats, or some kinda "multi-fur quilts", or whatever.