Not to be a nattering nabob of negativism,

Not to be a nattering nabob of negativism,

John
John

February 27th, 2009, 3:50 am #1

but does anybody else besides me think that we are on the verge of another 1930's style Depression?

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

February 27th, 2009, 4:12 am #2

`
Looks like it could go either way at this point.

Maybe if the government idiots would shut the hell up the old ship might yet right itself.

Seems like every time some DC Mental Defective opens their mouth with some new "Grand Pronunciamento", things slip further into the abyss.

John
John

February 27th, 2009, 4:35 am #3

Did he take "Ebonics Economics" while in College? That could be the source of all of his problems and ours too.

John
John

February 27th, 2009, 4:37 am #4

and lay-in lots of non perishable canned goods as well.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

February 27th, 2009, 5:08 am #5

`
He keeps going on about fiscal discipline, making sacrifices, prioritizing financially, and living without what we can't afford, but all his schemes involve blowing boatloads of cash which doesn't even seem to exist, He's got Hitlery begging the Ch'in Empire to keep racking up American debt, and on top of it the House of Recidivists just piled the bacon slabs onto the latest Omnibus spending bill, with his own party defending the practice like it's their God-given right, and the GOP dipsticks ading their own ham hocks while decrying the Dems for theirs.

It's like watching a bunch of nuts in a lunatic asylum !

Dennis
Dennis

February 27th, 2009, 9:49 am #6

but does anybody else besides me think that we are on the verge of another 1930's style Depression?
But I just don't know. I hope not.

What irks me is the yammering of both parties that it's all the other guys fault. What bullshit!

With the exception of Clinton, who left with a surplus, each and every one of the cocksuckers starting with Reagan has spent like a drunken sailor. Ditto for Congress no matter which party was in control.

I'm as sick of the lying shills that try to blame one side or the other as I am the politicos who do it themselves.

I don't understand all the money for medical/health insurance items. I also don't understand the money for education, and yes I still teach.

We certainly have things to spend the money on. Repair and replacing our transportation infrastructure, roads and rails, should be the priority. That and a return to manufacturing dominance. Give up on the fantasy that every kid needs to go to college. Part of the dumbing down process is that we let too damn many unqualified students in now!

celtredleg
celtredleg

February 27th, 2009, 3:04 pm #7

The current collapse has its seeds in Carters adim. And it has been passed on from prez to prez ever since. Its like a bag of wet shit, you know the bag is going to break, but they all hoped they could pass it to the next guy before it did. Bush is just the guy holding it when it did break. He certainly didnt start it, but he sure as hell didnt either.

Nor did Clinton. He may have cut a bit of spending, but he sure as hell did not address the underling credit issues. He let them fester just like everybody else.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

February 28th, 2009, 3:34 am #8

`
Never happened.

Dennis
Dennis

February 28th, 2009, 11:37 am #9

Twain said it best, "lies, damned lies, and statistics" whether it happened or not is open to debate simply because "figures lie and liars figure." Can't attribute the last quote because I forgot where I heard it.

What I do know to be reality is that the economy here at the palace wasn't bad when Mr. Clinton occupied the Whitehouse. That counts.

Hopefully, yeah I know I'm an optimist, the President does use a more transparant budget. Who knows how much got glommed under the other thieves.

Freya123
Freya123

February 28th, 2009, 1:43 pm #10

but I am certainly worried.