My Nephew was seriously injured in Afgahanistan

My Nephew was seriously injured in Afgahanistan

Draggy
Draggy

September 30th, 2011, 5:04 am #1

Here is a news link.

http://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news.php?nID=2384

We know that his left leg from the thigh down is gone, the right from the knee down is gone, Arms and hands are broken, multiple burns. He is on his way to the Army hosp in Germany now. Where he will be met by his mother or further stablized to get him to the states. Right now he is a medical induced coma. We do not know the full extent of his injuries, how bad the breaks are or the burns. We don't know if he knows that his legs are gone. I would love prayers for him and the whole family. I will update when I hear something. Thank you all!
Pray for the platoon and the other soldiers please. One was killed and the other passed away today.

Another news link
http://www.wlwt.com/news/29330403/detail.html

Drag

Asmara
Asmara

September 30th, 2011, 10:20 am #2

man.
That does not sound good, Draggy.
Prayers for him and all his family. He will need all of you.
I hope he makes as complete of a recovery as he can, as swiftly as possible.

It hits home more often than I would like.
A local boy came home in a coffin not long ago. A real hero, but at what cost.

(((Draggy)))

John
John

September 30th, 2011, 5:24 pm #3

I hope he is able to make a full recovery asap! Prayers are on the way! God Bless!

September 30th, 2011, 8:09 pm #4

We know that he was awake and talking to the medics while being loaded on to copter. Even said "Well! is someone going to give me a fucking cigarette?" He doesnt smoke. =) Since then he has arrived at the hospital in Germany. As long as he stays stable he might be back in the states by sunday. Still in a induced coma right now. Thanks all Shannon

John
John

September 30th, 2011, 8:12 pm #5

Don't be a stranger around here, ok? We miss you!.

Dennis
Dennis

September 30th, 2011, 11:44 pm #6

Here is a news link.

We know that his left leg from the thigh down is gone, the right from the knee down is gone, Arms and hands are broken, multiple burns. He is on his way to the Army hosp in Germany now. Where he will be met by his mother or further stablized to get him to the states. Right now he is a medical induced coma. We do not know the full extent of his injuries, how bad the breaks are or the burns. We don't know if he knows that his legs are gone. I would love prayers for him and the whole family. I will update when I hear something. Thank you all!
Pray for the platoon and the other soldiers please. One was killed and the other passed away today.

Another news link

Drag
I remember them all daily, but special prayers will be out for him, the friends he lost and the families. I am glad to hear the positive update!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

October 1st, 2011, 1:33 am #7

Here is a news link.

Another news link

Drag
`
Thoughts & prayers go out to you all. Hope the young man is on the mend ASAP !

October 3rd, 2011, 3:03 am #8

He is awake and being flown to Texas. He seems to be in good spirits but hasnt really processed everything that has happened to him. His mom was given 5 tickets from the army to fly there. She refused to let my brother have one to go see his son. Instead she is taking her father, Bretts fiancee , brother and sister. I understand the fiancee bu the others could have waited. My brother IS going. We made sure of that.
What a time to start drama..
Hope to have a complete update tomorrow evening.
Draggy

Thanks John! I have been working lots of OT so been busy. Will stop in more! **Muahhhh*

John
John

October 3rd, 2011, 4:12 am #9

I'll keep him on the prayer line! Please do keep us informed!

Celtredleg
Celtredleg

October 3rd, 2011, 5:05 am #10

He is awake and being flown to Texas. He seems to be in good spirits but hasnt really processed everything that has happened to him. His mom was given 5 tickets from the army to fly there. She refused to let my brother have one to go see his son. Instead she is taking her father, Bretts fiancee , brother and sister. I understand the fiancee bu the others could have waited. My brother IS going. We made sure of that.
What a time to start drama..
Hope to have a complete update tomorrow evening.
Draggy

Thanks John! I have been working lots of OT so been busy. Will stop in more! **Muahhhh*
Has his head more or les straight.

I always hate to see a younger brother go down, particularly like that.

He will have given this possibility some serious thought. While it is a shock, and always worse than you thouhgt, he will have thought about what it is OK to lose and what he really didnt want to lose. I think he lost some of the more expendable parts.

Dont think I am trying to be an ass. But where he is conming right from the zone back to the world, he will have had no time to decompress. So he will probably act strange to you. Things you think are important, he wont so much, and others will be oddly very important to him. I know you will give him a lot of slack, but sometimes familys get worried that their kids is odder than he should be, when he is just going through the proccess.

If you have an older family member or close family friend who has been through combat, get them to come talk to him as soon as you can. Many things he wont know how to relate to you, and will feel you wont understand, and even that you may think horrible things about him if he tells you some stuff. Understadn it is not about you, but how he is looking at the new him. I have not swapped bullets with anybody for almost 20 years, and there are still things I have not discussed with my family, and probably never will.

Please take this as it is meant. I have had to do this before, never with a family member, but certainly close friends. If you have anything to ask about, or talk about, just post. Or ask somebody for my email and send it that way. This to is part of what old grouchy NCOs do. They had me hang up the uniform, they cant pull off the stripes, those get tatooed on the soul.

Take care

Owen