Merry Christmas to all of you on this wonderful site!

Merry Christmas to all of you on this wonderful site!

Joh
Joh

December 26th, 2011, 3:57 am #1

I hope all of you enjoy a truly great and happy holiday season!

Dennis
Dennis

December 26th, 2011, 4:18 pm #2

Time with all the kids, the best gift of all! Yowza! It don't get no better than that Bubbas, oh and Bubbettes too!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

December 26th, 2011, 7:22 pm #3

I hope all of you enjoy a truly great and happy holiday season!
`
As usual, however, I suffered a few bouts of confusion as folks prattled on from time to time concerning some mysterious Jewish person apparently born in a barn or some such thing...

...whatever will they think of next ?

Dennis
Dennis

December 27th, 2011, 12:17 pm #4

An illiterate remembering exactly the entire wording of the Quran! SO HE COULD SPELL CHECK IT WHEN DICTATED TO HIS LITERATE FRIENDS!!!!! Hee-hee!!!!!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

December 28th, 2011, 2:34 am #5

'TWAS A GOAT THAT DIDST REMEMBER YE OLDE KO-RAN !!!! Hell... ...he prolly thought up the damn thing ! Lotta head-buttin' in there, y'know... ...metaphorically speakin', I mean.

mooster
mooster

December 28th, 2011, 12:43 pm #6

I'm a die-hard to the bone Christian, but I don't celebrate Christmas. I worked the whnole weekend as a matter of fact. I had Monday & Tuesday off so I went to visit the folks (strange story posted on my facebook). That was mostly so I could take in some free leftovers, and I ended up cooking anyway. I'll probably see my daugher sometime in the next couple of weeks (when she gets around to it) and buying stuff for her was the only point I ever saw in the whole mess. Jesus was born in September but that was never important to him. If He wanted us to celebrate His birthday, he would have told us to. He didn't, and he certainly didn't expect us to drag a tree into our living rooms every winter solstice to honor Him.

I do love to read 'A Christmas Carol' every year, watch the Grinch and the Red Ryder BB Gun movie. I did those....religiously. But I am thankful to know all you nuts and for those of you who celebrate Christmas then I hope yours was great and grand. No, I'm not looking at you, Loki.

Peace, ...on Earth....etc.

Dennis
Dennis

December 28th, 2011, 12:52 pm #7

The best Scrooges are the black and white job....too lazy to look it up, and the George C. Scott version.

Careful.........don't shoot your eye out!

mooster
mooster

December 28th, 2011, 2:43 pm #8

The Black & White classic is Scrooge with Alaistair Sim from 1951. Got it on DVD. Watched it. This year I also bought the one with Jim Carrey. I was a afraid it might suck, but it was surprisingly entertaining and, aside from some seemingly obligatory Disney fast-chase fantasy action, was true to the original book. The George C. Scott version was pretty good, but doesn't touch Alaistair Sim. Then again, Sim couldn't have possibly pulled off Patton. Only one guy could have done that.

I love the book and I read it every year on Christmas Eve. This year was difficult because I was working all weekend, but I got it done.

And I managed not to shoot my out. However, there was this ice cycle....

Dennis
Dennis

December 28th, 2011, 6:34 pm #9

He is my #1 too. The hell with that icicle, just don't lick any flag poles.

The gang on Mythbusters showed that it might be for real! Yikes!!!!

Right now I'm going to watch a DVD I got for Christmas, "The Chief" about old Mr. Rooney the Steelers founder. He was truly one of the magnificent characters from the world of sports!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

December 29th, 2011, 5:48 am #10

`
Where'd this information come from ? I thought nobody knew.

The only documentation I will accept for this being so is some manner of Roman record, as them sons of bitches were almost as anal as the Nazis about paperwork !