How cold is it in your neck of the woods?

How cold is it in your neck of the woods?

Freya123
Freya123

January 15th, 2009, 3:11 pm #1

It's a balmy 16 degrees F here in OK. I'm staying in the house today as the cold weather really agravates my bum shoulder. Yes, I know, I'm a wimp. Since living down south I have become much less tolerant of cold weather. Heck we are even having a few flurries today.

Dennis
Dennis

January 15th, 2009, 3:48 pm #2

well, you know the phrase(s). Today's high will be in the low teens with a brisk breeze. We got snow last night that forced us to cancel a trip to our biggest wrestling match before tournament. Lows tonight and Friday are to be in the single digits.

Fortunately it will be slightly warmer in DC. We're leaving on for the inaugural and some sight seeing early Sunday and staying through the ceremony and possibly some of the parade on Tuesday. Its supposed to be in the 30s there. Photos will be in the usual place upon our return.

John
John

January 15th, 2009, 4:45 pm #3

to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. It was 14 below zero this morning when I got up and we'll be lucky to see a high of +5 degrees, inspite of all the bright sunshine. Really takes yer' breath away!

celtredleg
celtredleg

January 16th, 2009, 2:38 am #4

With lows in the high 30's.

I lived in OK. There are several reasons why I did not move back, weather being high on that list.

It is nice to live where you have a current from the equater hit the coast. The downside is sometime rain storms of almost biblical volume.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

January 16th, 2009, 4:26 am #5

`
This to look forward to on the morrow...

A Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST Friday.

Wind chill values will range from 15 to 20 below zero overnight...
and 10 to 15 below during the bulk of the day Friday.

Wheeee !!!

John
John

January 16th, 2009, 5:12 am #6

and it's 5 below zero. I stepped outside to piss awhile ago and noticed the skies were clear, with no clouds, so, it's gonna' get alot colder before the dawn.

Dennis
Dennis

January 16th, 2009, 10:58 am #7

They don't allow indoor plumbing in the Wolverine state?

You whiz outside in that temperature and you could wind up with a pee-cicle!

Dennis
Dennis

January 16th, 2009, 4:15 pm #8

It's a balmy 16 degrees F here in OK. I'm staying in the house today as the cold weather really agravates my bum shoulder. Yes, I know, I'm a wimp. Since living down south I have become much less tolerant of cold weather. Heck we are even having a few flurries today.
whone this morning. Fortunately the wind hasn't been too bad.

Even the Granddog Tater wouldn't go out until he absolutely had to. Yes, they're visiting until Sunday!

Asmara
Asmara

January 16th, 2009, 7:18 pm #9

One degree ?
Wimpy wimpy wimpy.
LoL
Poor Tater...
Stay warm !

When you get to 20 below... let me know... LoL
It's been super balmy here, January thaw, they call it.
Currently 32... Whooppee !
Hope it warms up even more soon !
But more likely than not, it will be colder before it is significantly warmer.

John
John

January 17th, 2009, 5:05 am #10

It is seven below zero and the skies outside are completely cloudless. It's going to be another cold Mother! Yo! Lok'! Throw another politician on the fire, will-ya?