Hey, Celt !!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Celt !!!!!!!!!!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

June 2nd, 2009, 12:45 am #1

`
Have you watched the face-off between the "Fenian Fuckbubbles" and "Allah's Asshats" yet ?

heh.

What'd you think of the comparison between the 2 ?

celtredleg
celtredleg

June 2nd, 2009, 1:41 am #2

Possibly not until wednesday. I certainly will let you know once I have seen it.

John
John

June 2nd, 2009, 2:26 am #3

I watched William Wallace go face to face with Shaka Zulu and saw him get cleaved by his claymore sword. Wednesday's show should be interesting, two terrorist organizations going at tooth and nail.

Dennis
Dennis

June 2nd, 2009, 9:05 am #4

Based on the recommendations here. I can't remember which episode I checked on but the work, and especially the way the host presented it didn't excite me.

celtredleg
celtredleg

June 3rd, 2009, 1:53 am #5

`
Have you watched the face-off between the "Fenian Fuckbubbles" and "Allah's Asshats" yet ?

heh.

What'd you think of the comparison between the 2 ?

As normal, i am unsure of the choice of weapons. Did the IRA really use that many flamethrowers? I would have thought a morter to be more like them.

That is like the idea that a Pirates long range weapon was a small pistol, instead of a musket. And haveing gone with the pistol, why not 4-6 of them as was often carried. But then it would have been Pirate 900 knight 100 but bleeding bad.

Overall not a bad episode. And I didnt disagree with it.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

June 3rd, 2009, 2:24 am #6

`
That bit with the iRA flamethrower was weird.

I thought they'd only used it in a handfull of instances at most.

They seemed to have shortchanged the Taliban on explosives use, too. Don't those guys use bombs remotely detonated by cell phones ?

And where was the "car bomb demo derby" ?

heh.

One moment I got a chuckle out of was the look on the Irish guy's face when they slopped a big dollop of mud into the the breech of his "Little Armalite"...

celtredleg
celtredleg

June 3rd, 2009, 3:28 am #7

yes the damned things jam a bit, but, you can usualy clear them faster than the taliban guy could get onto the next target.

They also did not mention that depending on where your AK is made, it might just blow up beside your face when you pull the trigger. Not a bad design, much often a very shoddy production of that design.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

June 4th, 2009, 2:21 am #8

`
I just mentioned to someone the other day that I wondered if the "average Ahmed" in the Middle East just blasted away with his AK until it was too worn out to work and then tossed it & picked up another somewhere, or took care of it like it was his most prized possession.

I have a mental picture of their being a lot of unused specimins "floating around" in the region, what with all the "religious rivalry" & whatnot laying people out left, right and center.

celtredleg
celtredleg

June 4th, 2009, 2:43 pm #9

Myself even. We picked up a bunch of AKs some dudes had dropped as they where surrendering. We where going to destroy them, as we did not take prisoners, just diarmed them and let them go. As we gathered them up, i realized most had the bolts rusted closed. Perhaps a good gunsmith could have gotten them working again in a week or so.

Second time, a few days later, I scooped up two AKMs, and an RPK, with some vague notion of keeping them. As me and the LT where looking at them, we noticed that all the sighs had been set to 1200. The operatoer did not realize that was a range adjustment on the sight, they thought it was a power setting. I had heard of this before but thought not even they where that uneducated.

And no, I didnt get to keep them, the CSM rolled up on us before we could get them stashed, and watched me destroy them.

Dennis
Dennis

June 4th, 2009, 10:25 pm #10

Excellent story. Gives some insight into the enemy and why it may be so easy to recruit suckers to do the heavy lifting.