Happy "Tanksgiving" !

Happy "Tanksgiving" !

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

November 25th, 2010, 5:03 pm #1

`
From 6am to midnight today on The Military Channel, it's tanks, tanks & more tanks !

http://military.discovery.com/tv-schedules/daily.html

Who needs to gawk at a bunch of steroid-dosed, semi-literate, overpaid bone-heads stumbling snigger-tranced through over-choreographed snooze-fests which maybe get interesting if one of somebody's limbs gets snapped in half ???!?!?!? WOOOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOO !!!!!

mooster
mooster

November 25th, 2010, 8:52 pm #2

I'm working all day. I made lasagna and other Eyetalian fixins for my shift. We're watching football which I do enjoy. However, I was at the folk's house Monday & Tuesday and I had to leave for these two decidedly un-American un-Pilgrimisch days of working. Just as I was going out the door my dad did a quite bastardly thing. He said, "Mooster, the Military Channel is having Tanks-giving all day Thursday. I guess you're going to miss it." Did he need to tell me about it? Seriously? Isn't there bliss in ignorance? A whole day of tanks? infinite sadness

I had forgotten about it actually. I'm sitting here watching Detroit lose (sorry John) and I pop in to the LZ to say hi and happy T-Day. Ahh! There's already a T-Day thread by Loki. D'OH! Now I'm reminded again that I'm missing a full day of tanks. Loke, couldn't you just give me a nice paper cut and then pour some lemon juice on it?

Anyway, Happiness to all - even to the Von who isn't partaking of anything today that he's not usually partaking of.

Peace,

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

November 26th, 2010, 7:55 pm #3

`
I didn't even watch much of it myself.

the couple or 3 Tank Overhaul episodes I tuned in for I'd already seen, so I sort of meandered about the house doing this & that with them on in the background. Then when I left the house for the day's customary festivities & gorge-a-thon, they concensus of those gathered was for watching stupid-ass football, and then this wack-ass show about a competetive event where they threw pumpkins with everything from replica medieval catapults to pneumatic cannons. When I got home, the movie Seven Days In May was on,so I watched that & then hit the hay !

eh...

celt
celt

November 26th, 2010, 11:09 pm #4

been watching it for years. Even better this year as they had the mythbuster on as hosts.

Dennis
Dennis

November 26th, 2010, 11:15 pm #5

I went out to camp. The son is taping it for me though!

I think I have the CB talked into going to the event next year. One of the guys I used to teach with went a couple of years ago and he said it was great!

john
john

November 27th, 2010, 5:24 am #6

After brining the bird using equal amounts of brown sugar and kosher salt for 4 days in the refrigerator, I smoked that bad boy for eight hours in the smoker, before finishing it up in the electric roaster. The kids made short of that, and now I've barely got enough left over for soup. Still, we had one hellova nice Thanksgiving.

Dennis
Dennis

November 27th, 2010, 9:40 am #7

Sounds wonderful! Glad the day went well for you!

Dennis
Dennis

November 29th, 2010, 11:43 am #8

`
From 6am to midnight today on The Military Channel, it's tanks, tanks & more tanks !

http://military.discovery.com/tv-schedules/daily.html

Who needs to gawk at a bunch of steroid-dosed, semi-literate, overpaid bone-heads stumbling snigger-tranced through over-choreographed snooze-fests which maybe get interesting if one of somebody's limbs gets snapped in half ???!?!?!? WOOOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Had dinner with the son, his girlfriend and her mom. CB couldn't go because the doc told her to stay home. He was afraid she might have pneumonia and would have to be hospitalized. Tests were fortunately negative.

Here is our blessing:
[/IMG]

Asmara
Asmara

November 29th, 2010, 3:54 pm #9

And glad to hear that your CB did not need to be hospitalized...
Hope she is well on the mend by now !

Grandpa has Happy Holidaze coming ! No more bah humbug for you ! I can tell !