From the Make Sure It's Dead Dept.

From the Make Sure It's Dead Dept.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

November 18th, 2011, 4:17 am #1

Hunter Dies Following Altercation With Deer He Shot According to a news release from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, a 62-year-old male hunter died on Monday from a lacerated liver believed to be suffered during an altercation with a deer he had shot.

The man was participating in a deer reduction hunt, according to the news release. According to the news release the man told his son that when he went to field dress and tag the deer, it was still alive and that he scuffled with the deer before killing it.

The man later requested assistance in transporting the deer, and when a park employee went to assist, found the man unconscious, according to the DNR release
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45340286/ns ... buffalo_ny

John
John

November 18th, 2011, 5:00 am #2

there was a Darwin Award Candidate awhile back, who soaked himself down with "buck lure", before going out deer hunting. Apparently the stuff was loaded with concentrated doe sex pheromes and when searchers later found the hunter's body, it was apparent that a buck or bucks had tried to have their way with the hunter. When the sex-starved buck(s) couldn't find a suitable orrifice, they decided upon another option and made their own.

Dennis
Dennis

November 18th, 2011, 9:52 am #3

Doe scent is like Brylcreem......"a little dab'll do ya!"

Worst story I knew of from PA happened in the late 60s or early 70s. A guy hit a monster buck with one of those flat nosed Dodge vans. Somehow the buck came through the windshield, gored the guy in the chest and that was the end of both of them!

EDIT TO ADD: How the hell you could be too fucking stupid to make sure the deer, or any animal, is dead is beyond belief! I'm afraid the Old Man's ghost would give me a huge kick in the ass even today if I did something that stupid!

Somethimes you get what you ask for........even when you don't ask!!
Last edited by D1J1 on November 18th, 2011, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
John

November 18th, 2011, 6:04 pm #4

the Darwin Award candidate appeared to have fallen asleep, while seated and leaning back against the base of a tree, when the buck found him. The hunter's rifle was still propped-up against the tree, and his back pack, complete with thermos jug, half-full of strong, "Irish Coffee" along with the hunter's uneaten lunch were all within easy reach.

Dennis
Dennis

November 18th, 2011, 7:02 pm #5

Too bad a bear didn't find him! A bruin might have eaten his lunch and polished off his coffee instead!

The guy would have been pissed, but still on the right side of the dirt!