Fekking Deer

Fekking Deer

Dennis
Dennis

April 10th, 2012, 1:18 pm #1

Finished helping the son tile his kitchen area yesterday and was coming home in the rain and dark when I got one with Leroy. They were going full tilt when they got to the road and I didn't even have time to hit the break.

Fortunately I and Leroy sustained absolutely no cosmetic or mechanical damage.

I still hope the damn thing died........................slowly!

Asmara
Asmara

April 10th, 2012, 3:34 pm #2

Love the name !

And lucky YOU.
Poor Bambi. LoL

Dennis
Dennis

April 10th, 2012, 10:40 pm #3

I left it there as a warning to the rest of the little furry bastards! Today I had two fox run in front of me, but not real close. Missed 'em. Those big fluffy tails would look nice on my antenna!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 11th, 2012, 3:17 am #4

Finished helping the son tile his kitchen area yesterday and was coming home in the rain and dark when I got one with Leroy. They were going full tilt when they got to the road and I didn't even have time to hit the break.

`
Recall that a couple of years back I literally drove Kaga right over a full grown buck on my way to pick up a submarine sandwich.
Only damage was a dent in the muffler**, and a couple cracked brackets on the passenger side headlight - light still works, though if you look close you can see that it's about 1/4 inch or so out of allignment.

Glad to hear you & Leroy are OK. Be sure to go get yourself a "kill" decal !

**must have burnt the crap out of the sumbitch, as I thought for a second Kaga had somehow caught fire due to the reek I realized a few seconds later was singed deer.

celtredleg
celtredleg

April 11th, 2012, 4:25 am #5

Toss him in the back and have the family over of a nice grill? You are endangering your redneck cred.

Back home we always explain it as pedel error, we really meant to hit the brake. As long as the Officer gets his cut, everything is cool.

Owen, always a fan of fresh roadkill

Dennis
Dennis

April 11th, 2012, 10:58 am #6

It was dark, raining hard and I didn't have anywhere to stop safely and tend to Leroy until I was at the top of the next mountain........about 2 miles. Otherwise I'd have taken it and kept hams and tenderloin that was undamaged.

No payola to the troops here as picking up a road kill is allowed.

I burned one once too. Going down and icy hill one of a group that ran in front of me slipped and fell on the ice and got dragged about half a mile before I got to the bottom and could stop safely.

No damage to the car, but the smell of deer being burned by an exhaust system is not pleasant for sure!

John
John

April 11th, 2012, 2:59 pm #7

RE: "Otherwise I'd have taken it and kept hams and tenderloin that was undamaged." Nah! You probably would have thrown them back just like the trout you catch.

Imagine what the deer felt? LOL Burning hair is never a pleasant smell.

John
John

April 11th, 2012, 3:16 pm #8

Toss him in the back and have the family over of a nice grill? You are endangering your redneck cred.

Back home we always explain it as pedel error, we really meant to hit the brake. As long as the Officer gets his cut, everything is cool.

Owen, always a fan of fresh roadkill
Executing such a gross and wasteful faux-pas goes against everything we rednecks believe in. I really think we should enpanel an inquiry hearing about the incident to see if Dennis is worthy of keeping his "Club Red" Membership credentials intact. Afterall, we cannot afford to knowingly allow creeping liberal, fuzzy-brayned', bunny-humpers and tree huggers into our midst. I would say though, that after this incident, a dark shadow has indeed fallen over the land that only the light of truth can dispel.

Dennis
Dennis

April 11th, 2012, 5:21 pm #9

RE: "Otherwise I'd have taken it and kept hams and tenderloin that was undamaged." Nah! You probably would have thrown them back just like the trout you catch.

Imagine what the deer felt? LOL Burning hair is never a pleasant smell.
I won't give the SOBs the $10 for the stamp so some assholes can follow the stocking trucks around and pull them out as soon as they hit the water! Lazy fuckers!

Dennis
Dennis

April 11th, 2012, 5:31 pm #10

Executing such a gross and wasteful faux-pas goes against everything we rednecks believe in. I really think we should enpanel an inquiry hearing about the incident to see if Dennis is worthy of keeping his "Club Red" Membership credentials intact. Afterall, we cannot afford to knowingly allow creeping liberal, fuzzy-brayned', bunny-humpers and tree huggers into our midst. I would say though, that after this incident, a dark shadow has indeed fallen over the land that only the light of truth can dispel.
Just more lazy!
Last edited by D1J1 on April 11th, 2012, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.