Damn!

Damn!

John
John

May 2nd, 2010, 2:21 am #1

My youngest Daughter, Mary-Kate was playing fast pitch softball in a tournament today and she took a fast pitch to her elbow, breaking it. This happened in the first inning, but she insisted on staying in to play the remaining six innings before my wife took her to the emergency room for x-rays. Looks like a hairline fracture and she'll be on the bench for six weeks.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 2nd, 2010, 3:33 am #2

`
Talk about taking one for the team.

Hope she's feeling better ASAP !

Dennis
Dennis

May 2nd, 2010, 9:10 am #3

My youngest Daughter, Mary-Kate was playing fast pitch softball in a tournament today and she took a fast pitch to her elbow, breaking it. This happened in the first inning, but she insisted on staying in to play the remaining six innings before my wife took her to the emergency room for x-rays. Looks like a hairline fracture and she'll be on the bench for six weeks.
Tell her to keep her head up! I suppose this takes care of volleyball too?

Asmara
Asmara

May 2nd, 2010, 12:45 pm #4

Hope it heals fast and well...

So she gets to be a cheerleader for a while until she heals !

In 6 weeks, the summer fun will be underway ! And she can join back in with gusto !

How are dad and mom taking it ?

May 2nd, 2010, 12:52 pm #5

Knowing the level of concern, love and compassion they have for their children I'm sure they will do everything possible to make the experience a memorable one!

Though ugly rumors are surfacing that JB is modifying a number of household accouterments, appliances and tools to permit them to be operated with just one hand.

I don't know what that's all about..........probably just idle speculation!

John
John

May 3rd, 2010, 3:31 am #6

Mary-Kate is doing fine. She's a little nauseous and her arm aches, but she's going to the orthepedic doctor tomorrow to be fitted with a full cast on her arm. In six weeks, God willing, she should be good as new! Thanks again!

John
John

May 3rd, 2010, 6:42 pm #7

The doctor said that the injury was only a surface hairline fracture and that Mary Kate won't need a cast. She'll be fully able to resume her sports activities in about three weeks. In the meantime, she can still run and work-out once the pain in her arm subsides.

Asmara
Asmara

May 4th, 2010, 12:09 am #8

I hope she doesn't over-do it but is able to stay in shape to pick up where she left
off in 3 weeks !

Good for her !

John
John

May 4th, 2010, 3:46 am #9

She's already chomping at the bit, wanting to pick up where she left off.

May 4th, 2010, 9:01 am #10

The doctor said that the injury was only a surface hairline fracture and that Mary Kate won't need a cast. She'll be fully able to resume her sports activities in about three weeks. In the meantime, she can still run and work-out once the pain in her arm subsides.
I'm glad it turned out so well!