Custer on PBS tonight......

Custer on PBS tonight......

Dennis
Dennis

January 17th, 2012, 11:37 pm #1

At least on Dish Network. Check you listings. It runs from 8-10 Eastern.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

January 18th, 2012, 2:29 am #2

`
I never knew that much about Custer besides his part at Gettysburg & the Little Big Horn business. Seems like he was a bit of a dip.
LoL

Dennis
Dennis

January 18th, 2012, 10:44 am #3

They started right off with alluding to him being Jesus Christ reincarnate and saving the Union at Gettysburg. I did not double up on my blood pressure meds!

George was an odd duck and as big a publicity hound as any commander in our history. He was also, because of that trait, as much a hazard as hero on the battlefield.

I will need to watch it again as I studied the inside of my eyelids for a fair piece of the show.

John
John

January 19th, 2012, 4:55 am #4

I saw more weird inconsistancies in those two hours than I could possibly relate here. Way too much Custer worshipping.

Dennis
Dennis

January 19th, 2012, 10:41 am #5

I don't know that I can agree with it being too much Custer worship. While his shortcomings and hypocrisy could have been emphasized more, they were not ignored. I thought they did a fine job bringing out how wifey was primarily responsible for his reputation being sustained.

Without her he is dung IMO. Also IMO she most definitely was not a bad looking babe!

JB, I remember reading that he had an Indian wife and kid. Do you have the same recollection, and where did you see it?

John
John

January 19th, 2012, 5:22 pm #6

Yeah, he and brother Tom ran a tag-team number on a real blazing hottie of a young Cheyenne wench that they captured while on a long summertime campaign with the 7th Cav. She stayed with them in their tent, keeping their bed warm and other things hot for them. She later had a blond, blue eyed baby girl, but the baby didn't live long. The story is dealt with at length in the book "Son of the Morning Star." I've seen a picture of her taken later in life and she still looked pretty fine, even then. It's been said that George was made sterile after a bout with gonnherea that he was treated for while at West Point. The VD treatment of said disease is well documented and on record as fact. Most likely, he infected his wife, Libby and she was the one who was rendered barren. Libbie was definitely a hottie herself and knew it too. There's lots of gossip about her fooling around herself with officer's from the 7th Cav. like Miles Keough and Captain Weir, while George was back east chasing theatre actresses and other skanks.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

January 20th, 2012, 6:20 am #7

`
These are the kinds of events that need to be related to those glorious 'social conservatives' who insist that it is only in these dark times that Americans have sunk to such low and depraved depths of 'moral degeneracy'.
LoL

January 20th, 2012, 6:51 am #8

Degenerate, depraved bahavior remains the one constant in all of the world's history and not just in our little, sunshiney corner of the world.

Dennis
Dennis

January 20th, 2012, 9:27 am #9

If we'd worry less about who they are fucking and concentrate on how they are fucking the country we'd be better off! But that does not include those that make some sort of moral code a part of their campaign..........as long as everyone else adheres to it!