celt's UFO probability some other time.......

celt's UFO probability some other time.......

March 17th, 2009, 9:34 pm #1

I think they have a greater chance of being there than ghosts. If nothing else, based on mathametical probability.

celtredleg
celtredleg

March 18th, 2009, 12:37 am #2

If Christian, why in heaven would God go to all the trouble of makeing so many stars, and leave them all lifeless? Seems like a lot of trouble just for something to look at at night.

If non-beleiverr, What in hell makes this particular rockball so special? Considering how much more we realize we dont know everyday, I have no trouble with somebody out there knowing a lot more than us. And useing it.

As for why would anybody poke around here if they are that much advanced? well why the fuck do we poke around so much in Antartica for Gods sake? Take about a damned near as useless an activity as you can get. But we do it all the time. Actualy, I personnaly dont have a problem wioth poking into places like that, whih is why I would be on a UFO fucking around on somebody elses planet if we had them.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

March 18th, 2009, 2:51 am #3

`
...Nobody out there, and what if there was ?

The Christian God's a weirdo. God knows why he does anything.

I mean - after giving a man a hand at the end of his leg, why would he turn it into a foot ?

Besides, he's got forever to wait & see if we ever get out there among the stars - he could've just made a whole other universe for the little green men to try & figure out.

I've read about the mathematical formula somebody came up with which is supposed to prove that there has to be some other civilization out there. It always reminded me of those 'climate models' where the people who made the thing want to see it prove what they already believe, and so of course it does so 'conclusively'.

I mean - I guess when you think of the fact that thousands of just the 'stars' you van see when you look up at the sky are actually galaxies of millions of stars, plus there are millions of other galaxies to boot, it doesn't seem far-fetched that some other mudball might have some bunch of mutated lunatics swarming all over who built something as damn near useless as civilization, but still...

Then there's the matter of them coming here.

Of course we would if we could, because we already do try to poke our noses into everything trying to figure it out - apparently because it is believed that naming and explaining and describing this that or the other thing means we're somehow better than all the other critters that could give two nips about any of that...

But what's to say any other intelligent being would even bother building the simplest mechanical device whatever, let alone spacecraft ?

Then they have to find us somehow.

I mean - it could happen. They might coincidentally be close enough, and just happen to be scanning the right frequency to pick up our pesky TV/Radio transmissions.

Tough not to picture them showing up with a planetary bombardment flotilla in that case, though...

celtredleg
celtredleg

March 18th, 2009, 4:41 am #4

should provoke such a response.

I do not go with the theory that advanced civilizations are somehow peaceful ones. Not much evidence of that certainly. I suspect that many fervently hope they are peaceful.

And I certainly dont get the whole abduction/sodomize/release idea. Particularly as I dont remeber any hotties claiming to have been abducted.

Dennis
Dennis

March 18th, 2009, 3:00 pm #5

And "Reality" TV would definitely push them over the edge. Make what the Indian's did to Custer look like child's play.

Listy
Listy

March 18th, 2009, 8:33 pm #6

should provoke such a response.

I do not go with the theory that advanced civilizations are somehow peaceful ones. Not much evidence of that certainly. I suspect that many fervently hope they are peaceful.

And I certainly dont get the whole abduction/sodomize/release idea. Particularly as I dont remeber any hotties claiming to have been abducted.
Might I direct you to 05.15 of the following video, which explains why people get probed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa7eR4L7iWk

mooster
mooster

March 20th, 2009, 10:05 pm #7

I'm not opposed mathematically to there being life forms on other planets in the universe. I think the liklihood of there being any kind of "civilized" or advanced life is far, far slimmer than what the sci-fi geeks like to believe - if there is any at all. The math is that extant life on other worlds would probably be very primitive i.e. single cell organisms and perhaps a few slightly more advanced things which predate on single cell organisms.

However, the math involved with even a very advanced & intelligent civilization (if they exist) travelling to our planet is so far against that I don't believe it happens at all. In my other post I didn't say I didn't believe in extra-terrestrial life, I said I don't believe in their visitations.

All these hillbillies who have been butt-"examined" over the years need to start by looking for E.T. Halloween masks in their cousin's closets.

celtredleg
celtredleg

March 22nd, 2009, 12:09 am #8

It give sus a look if life is very rare or more common, and possibly how common.

All the math equations you see are really just guesses. It is not like anybody knows, other than the aliens them selves.

I do think it a good idea to get a better idea of what is out there and what capabilitys are possible. I see no reason to beleive an alien civilization would be friendly. Not that we are likkely to be edible, but they might want a bunch of good little tobies to scuttle around doing things for them.

The idea that any advanced civ has to be peaceful is just wishful thinking. The only evedince we have indicates being advanced just lets you wipe each other out faster, or use less than full power.

Dennis
Dennis

March 31st, 2009, 11:41 pm #9

While its probably here to stay I think we're better off investing in "near" space for purposes of communication, defense and the development of new products such as medicine.

Deep space programs smack of corporate welfare to me.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

April 1st, 2009, 2:10 am #10

`
Sending people to Mars sounds like more of the same sort of "space cowboy" nonsense that got us the moon missions. Hell of an investment to basically pick up some rocks and drive a dune buggy around !

I think the model for any future exploration of Ye Olde Red Planet should be the Spirit and Opportunity rovers - Still running 5 times longer than the design parameters intended they should (tho' one has a bum wheel, IIRC) - or some such vehicle which represents an "evolution" based on their design.