Baseball is becoming fun again......

Baseball is becoming fun again......

July 4th, 2012, 10:08 pm #1

The Pirates are 9 games over .500! Who'd a thunk it?! Somebody get a colonial re-enactment band to play "The World Turned Upside Down!"

Unlike a number of seasons past, OK, 19, they aren't quitting. They may not win spit or even make the playoffs, but seeing the effort makes the game fun again.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

July 6th, 2012, 1:02 am #2

`
Did they introduce checking?

A shot clock for the pitcher ?

The hitter gets to take the bat along and club whoever tries to tag 'im out ?

A sniper that picks off guys who take too big a lead off base ?

July 6th, 2012, 11:29 am #3

I should have remembered that you weren't a fan of the game. Course yinz gotta admit that it still beats the hell out of those pigden English speakers like the players and Dick Vitale from muhfuggen "hoops"!!!!!

That mess should be shown only in the states that tried to secede as appropriate justice for the treason demonstrated by their forbearers!

Now, if I could just find a new "Destiny's Darlings" t-shirt. Mine is about shot!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

July 7th, 2012, 3:24 am #4

`
When the Damn Yankees are on, and they're getting their friggin' asses kicked !

hee hee hee hee hee hee hee !!!!

Dennis
Dennis

July 7th, 2012, 9:57 am #5

Love watching the replay of game 7 from the '60 series! Of course the bonus is it was a good Polish boy what won it!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

July 8th, 2012, 2:56 am #6

`
Not the Yankees losing part... ...I hope to hell the Yanks are playing and losing like bums when New Jack City gets its "Two twenty megaton bombs"... ...pure bonus, that.

Watching the Red Sox finish beating the Yanks 9-5...

Yeesh.

I mean - it's like watching friggin' paint dry - punctuated by shots of guys acting like some manner of sub-human primate sitting or sprawling around in the dugout spitting or scratching or whatever the hell...

By the time it was over I wanted nothing so much as to napalm bomb the stadium and incinerate every last one of 'em.

July 8th, 2012, 9:58 am #7

The Pirates are 9 games over .500! Who'd a thunk it?! Somebody get a colonial re-enactment band to play "The World Turned Upside Down!"

Unlike a number of seasons past, OK, 19, they aren't quitting. They may not win spit or even make the playoffs, but seeing the effort makes the game fun again.
Going to watch the Bucs live with another couple today. For me this is the first time in 20 plus years. The stadium is supposed to be an experience in itself and the food, in at least a few of the restaurants, excellent.

I just want a hot dog as there is no place they taste as good, at least in my memory, than a ballpark! We can't fill up there anyway as the plan is to have supper at a very good stand alone steak house on the way home!